Audio: Norm’s Rant on Jerry Jones on the unticket

khiladi

Reaction score
Got another homer..

If one cannot tell what decisions Jason Garrett makes, then why didn't the homers offer the same excuses for guys like Wade?

Last year, when the Cowboys won, they had no problems seeing the decisions that led to success as being solely Jason.

And the spin on Bledsoe.. lmao... Bledsoe was a Parcells guy, who knew his offense. Parcells didn't want to play any inexperienced QB and this was the year following Jerry Jones trying to get guys like Hutchinson and Drew Henson to play. That's why Parcells consistently started Testaverde, even when they lost any hope of the playoffs. Henson by the way was declared by Jim Garrett, another of Jerry's right hand man, to be the next Aikman.

Jerry saying he had hoped Bledsoe would have allowed them to be in playoff contention, doesn't prove that Parcells wanted to play Romo. Talk about grasping at straws..

In fact, Parcells waited too long to bench Bledsoe... Media was already reporting, based on what I can remember, that pressure was coming from above to bench him. And most of the ripple in here were bashing Romo his first game.

Last edited:

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
You will accuse me of being insensitive and cruel, but it is Jerry Jones himself who has said that he will not step down as the GM of this team........implying that things will remain the same as the past 20 years until Jerry Jones is dead.

Agreed - he will screw the Cowboys as long as he is able.

But if the fans protest and spend less, it will make him die less happy, but more importantly send a message to Stephen when he finally starts to call the shots.

Last season, I did not do much Jerry-bashing, but was waiting to see if it was just one good season, or the start of a trend. The current season suggests the dysfunction has not ended. :(

khiladi

Reaction score
What part of Jerry Jones and Jim Garrett do Garrett homers not understand? Jerry even hired Judd and the other Garrett brother, the travesty that was our TE coach and passing game coordinator. I can't even remember how many TEs we drafted during that time.

But I guess the other two brothers were forced on Jason as well..

Jason Garrett exemplifies nepotism more than anything else... He reflects the qualities of the 20 years mis-management of Jerry more than anyone else in this organization..

CCBoy

Reaction score
I guess team support and more than casual fan support in the stadium wouldn't be a major advantage, as in Seattle. If memory serves me, they supported before the team had grown to very good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What part of Jerry Jones and Jim Garrett do Garrett homers not understand? Jerry even hired Judd and the other Garrett brother, the travesty that was our TE coach and passing game coordinator. I can't even remember how many TEs we drafted during that time.

But I guess the other two brothers were forced on Jason as well..

Jason Garrett exemplifies nepotism more than anything else... He reflects the qualities of the 20 years mis-management of Jerry more than anyone else in this organization..

Yea, it's all a spinning wheel of crap...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Agreed - he will screw the Cowboys as long as he is able.

But if the fans protest and spend less, it will make him die less happy, but more importantly send a message to Stephen when he finally starts to call the shots.

Last season, I did not do much Jerry-bashing, but was waiting to see if it was just one good season, or the start of a trend. The current season suggests the dysfunction has not ended. :(

I've already told all of my family members...for the first time in my life. ...please do not spend money on or give me any Cowboys related merchandise for Christmas this year. They were flabbergasted...but it's my little way of protesting this regime.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've already told all of my family members...for the first time in my life. ...please do not spend money on or give me any Cowboys related merchandise for Christmas this year. They were flabbergasted...but it's my little way of protesting this regime.

You might take the money that would have been used on Cowboy presents, and put it in a container that you break the glass cover on, when you again feel need for those items to show your love of the team.

Myself, I still love 'em...I got over my angst very quickly.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You might take the money that would have been used on Cowboy presents, and put it in a container that you break the glass cover on, when you again feel need for those items to show your love of the team.

Myself, I still love 'em...I got over my angst very quickly.

I love them...just won't give JJ my or my families money.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Hi Joe

I think big picture you are absolutely right about Jerry. But in this 7 game losing streak, this is on the head coach IMO. When Romo went down, this head coach (and his staff) needed to grab themselves by the you-know-whats, roll up their sleeves, get creative, and figure out a way to go 2-5. We aren't talking about going 6-1, not even 4-3. They needed to get this team two wins. Two. They couldn't even get one. I can't blame Jerry for this team not being able to win 2 games without their star. The Houston staff finds a way to get just enough out of their team to go on the road tonight and beat an undefeated team with TJ Yates and no RB. And here we are fumblin and bumblin our way to a 7th straight loss to an inept Tampa Bay team.

I can blame Jerry because he put this coaching staff together. He puts wasted years after wasted years. Romo has been wasted here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I love them...just won't give JJ my or my families money.

I have sat in the grandstands of a High School team who had a poor Head of Athletics as well as a pretty poor Head Coach, and cheered my hometown team. I gladly wore symbols of MY loyalty to the players and their struggles on the field. I really didn't care who profited from my purchasing a symbol of MY love. I was supporting my team with a strong gesture of support...both in associating directly with that team as well as yelling for them in our stadium.

What, that doesn't give a family value seen above top end cash flows?

Not in my book, sportsmanship is high on my agenda of pride. I won't associate that with a corrupting tendency to follow accountant practices showing cash flows. No, I don't see that support as limited by any one individual...period. That is part of the group, not just the Head of Athletics...or here, the owner. The coaches and scout departments determine directions...no matter how the owner directs a role of GM. I'll just go ahead and wear my locally purchased Cowboy apparel and root for my chosen NFL team. I won't judge offensive tackle - Tyron Smith by Eric Williams, nor Zack Martin by Larry Allen.

I also won't limit my team spirit by judging Jason Garrett to Tom Landry...nor fumble my ball on trying to explain away the relevance of today's coaches and players.

Under Murchison, the original owner, the team would not have survived if not purchased by Jerry Jones. Murchison was too heavily invested in thrills of party and over indulgence. The Cowboys would have been lost, if not for Jerry.

Naw, this fan will just wear his Cowboy gear and be glad I have them to yell and enjoy sharing the events with. No, not all of them are the very top shelf of things, but many of them still are.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I can blame Jerry because he put this coaching staff together. He puts wasted years after wasted years. Romo has been wasted here.
Ever been a soldier? Who you going to blame there...the enemy for your difficulty?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
This is what losing brings. Romo doesn't go down and we are sitting here at 7-2 or 6-3 and nobody would be saying a whole lot about locker room issues.

Jerry got drunk on what he felt was a pat hand for this season and he made some questionable personnel decisions. He felt we were a pass rush away from #6.
Hardy hasn't been worth the trouble . The team hasn't found a replacement for d Harris and the impact of losing Callahan seems to be important. Just all adds up to the most miserable season I can remember .
Norm and the bash jerry crowd are right in this regard..... When your head coach doesn't have the final say on the football team it's hard to coach players who know this. Nothing new. It's the way it's been done for the better part of 20 yrs

This!!:hammer:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Knock her down again...paw. Knock her down again.
Make her tell us why, paw, she screamed with all her might...(hill billy song)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I have sat in the grandstands of a High School team who had a poor Head of Athletics as well as a pretty poor Head Coach, and cheered my hometown team. I gladly wore symbols of MY loyalty to the players and their struggles on the field. I really didn't care who profited from my purchasing a symbol of MY love. I was supporting my team with a strong gesture of support...both in associating directly with that team as well as yelling for them in our stadium.

What, that doesn't give a family value seen above top end cash flows?

Not in my book, sportsmanship is high on my agenda of pride. I won't associate that with a corrupting tendency to follow accountant practices showing cash flows. No, I don't see that support as limited by any one individual...period. That is part of the group, not just the Head of Athletics...or here, the owner. The coaches and scout departments determine directions...no matter how the owner directs a role of GM. I'll just go ahead and wear my locally purchased Cowboy apparel and root for my chosen NFL team. I won't judge offensive tackle - Tyron Smith by Eric Williams, nor Zack Martin by Larry Allen.

I also won't limit my team spirit by judging Jason Garrett to Tom Landry...nor fumble my ball on trying to explain away the relevance of today's coaches and players.

Under Murchison, the original owner, the team would not have survived if not purchased by Jerry Jones. Murchison was too heavily invested in thrills of party and over indulgence. The Cowboys would have been lost, if not for Jerry.

Naw, this fan will just wear his Cowboy gear and be glad I have them to yell and enjoy sharing the events with. No, not all of them are the very top shelf of things, but many of them still are.

Good for you, be a good soldier and praise Jerry for saving the team. Lucky for the rest of us that we live in a free willed nation that allows us to express our thoughts and beliefs, which I'm doing here and now and throughout my family by boycotting any spending on my team, because I'm in disagreement with how the ownership and management are running things. I will continue to watch the game every week and have done so since well before Jerry came along and god willing, after he is gone.

You do know that if Jerry didn't purchase the team from Murchison, someone else would have. NFL teams and especially a brand like the Cowboys, don't just fold. You may not care who profits from the team you love, but I do. The ownership, coaches and players will be judged by some and praised by others, just how life is. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good for you, be a good soldier and praise Jerry for saving the team. Lucky for the rest of us that we live in a free willed nation that allows us to express our thoughts and beliefs, which I'm doing here and now and throughout my family by boycotting any spending on my team, because I'm in disagreement with how the ownership and management are running things. I will continue to watch the game every week and have done so since well before Jerry came along and god willing, after he is gone.

You do know that if Jerry didn't purchase the team from Murchison, someone else would have. NFL teams and especially a brand like the Cowboys, don't just fold. You may not care who profits from the team you love, but I do. The ownership, coaches and players will be judged by some and praised by others, just how life is. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

The terms of any sale then, and established by then, GM and it's owner, was that Tom Landry was not to be kept by the new owner. Do you really think that anyone else could have done better in that world than did Jerry, and his organization as he built...than a dynasty?

As to being a fan...I'm glad that your love of the Cowboys shines through despite disappointment in what you chose to focus upon.

Our Cowboys have been giving for a long time, and suspect, they will into the future as well. Not always is there a Zeppelin to sing Stairway to Heaven...but some rock is still good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Jones bought the team from Bum Bright, but yeah.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Jason Garrett cannot be blamed, period!

This is entirely on Jerry Jones.

Why?

We don't know which decisions are those of Jason Garrett and which are those of Jerry Jones.

If you don't know who made the decisions, then how can you not pin any of this on the HC?

What we do know is that we've lost games in epic fashion under Garret. We do know that Garrett had a hand in Felix Jones, Brad Johnson, Gavin Escobar, possibly Weeden, and wanted Sharif Floyd. We do know that he wanted no part of Callahan and Dan Reeves but wanted Linehan. We do know that his play calling is predictable and is one of the lowest play action teams in the NFL despite having a good/great OL and the #1 running game.

You yourself have ranted on about Garrett, the team he rebuilt and this culture he instilled. And yet, the inability of HIS team to win one game is unfathomable. Garrett is as much to blame as anyone.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the one constant in the last 20 years has been jerry they have changed and changed and none of it has done any good. They are still as far away from a superbowl as the campo years or parcells. Untill jerry steps aside this is what it is and its not good.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
In the English language, second person is accusatory or here, insultive. A discussive or even declarative statement is done in the first or third person, by practice. Learn your own language...

um, ok