Audio: Norm’s Rant on Jerry Jones on the unticket

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Hi Joe

I think big picture you are absolutely right about Jerry. But in this 7 game losing streak, this is on the head coach IMO. When Romo went down, this head coach (and his staff) needed to grab themselves by the you-know-whats, roll up their sleeves, get creative, and figure out a way to go 2-5. We aren't talking about going 6-1, not even 4-3. They needed to get this team two wins. Two. They couldn't even get one. I can't blame Jerry for this team not being able to win 2 games without their star. The Houston staff finds a way to get just enough out of their team to go on the road tonight and beat an undefeated team with TJ Yates and no RB. And here we are fumblin and bumblin our way to a 7th straight loss to an inept Tampa Bay team.

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit that JG deserves blame for what's happening because it's up to him to make adjustments that he continuously refuses to make.

The larger point that I was trying to make is at the end of the day this all comes back to Jerry.

What I have found quite interesting, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one to make this observation, is that since Jerry had decided to do things his way that this team that it doesn't matter what coaching staff or players we've had that the results have largely remained the same. Even when we've had a ton of talent we have always managed to find a way to snatch failure from what easily should have been success. We've also proven time and time again that we're a mentally soft team who would rather point fingers than being accountable, which we're seeing running rampant now, and it just goes to show that we'll never win anything as long as Jerry continues to run things.

There's always going to be one excuse or another because Jerry allows it to happen.

That's why this season is of absolutely no surprise to me given the expectations. You immediately saw the excuse train coming, both by the coaches, the fans, the ownership, etc as to why we're losing and blaming it on the injuries. The only problem is that we seem to be the only team that can't seem to find a way to win.

It's just nonstop déjà vu with this team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree that right now I blame the coaching staff. With Jerry though, lets be fair, when he signed off on a guy like Greg Hardy he opened himself up for these kinds of ramblings.

I agree to an extent. The Cowboys needed a pass rush and they had limited resources to do it. You can't knock him for getting the best pass rusher in the draft or the best in free agency. Though if I can be honest...... I'm starting to come around and maybe this Hardy signing has done more harm then good.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
You can offer any number of criticisms of Jerry Jones, and you would probably be right. But he isn't going anywhere. Consequently, it is a matter of finding a coach who can work with Jerry. It isn't easy, but Jimmy Johnson is proof it can be done.

....so let's continue to enable him with sell outs - send him the money.

Right?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I think Norm is fairly accurate in his rant when considering history and the team's current condition. However, Garrett-Top should not be spared considering the team's performance in this losing streak. Ultimately, it all comes down to Jerruh.........

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think Norm is fairly accurate in his rant when considering history and the team's current condition. However, Garrett-Top should not be spared considering the team's performance in this losing streak. Ultimately, it all comes down to Jerruh.........

I guess everyone has also missed the transition and real change going all the way back to when the lockout occurred.

Secondly, a 12 game winning season last year.

Then, the team losing it's franchise quarterback for the past seven games...I wonder where this same 'Jerry's failed team' would be right now had Romo remained healthy?

Cmac

Reaction score
I was expecting at any second for Hitzges to yell, "you kids get out of my yard". That was a ridiculous rant by an curmudgeon out of touch with reality. Nothing but a totally biased axe to grind. If Jerry heard it he probably laughed his butt off, I know I did. Go fly a kite Norm... but go make me a sandwich first.

Norm may want to keep the BP at a manageable level about something that's not gonna change soon.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that so much of this team's well being relies upon the work of Romo speaks volumes about the plight of this team. Too many have failed to resolve that which has limited this team for way too long now. One man can't make it right. Sadly, those able to facilitate change are, unfortunately, far too set in their ways. God help us all.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The fact that so much of this team's well being relies upon the work of Romo speaks volumes about the plight of this team. Too many have failed to resolve that which has limited this team for way too long now. One man can't make it right. Sadly, those able to facilitate change are, unfortunately, far too set in their ways. God help us all.

...that's why I still go to prayer.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
...that's why I still go to prayer.

Good thought, although I've been praying for this team for decades now and I'm still waiting.

Maybe the Almighty that Aristotle referred to as "The Prime Mover" lives in New England, huh?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, if Jason doesn't get his way, why is Bill Callahan not here and why is Linehan here?

khiladi

Reaction score
Remember when Jason Garrett was demoted from play-calling and the homers were trying to defend the move saying Garrett never wanted to be calling plays anyways...

I mean you guys and your excuses never stop..

khiladi

Reaction score
Didn't Dallas change to a 4-3 and all you homers were telling us that it was Jason's connection to Kiffen in Tampa that brought him here, until Kiffen looked like an absolute joke, setting records in futility?

Of course this was after Rob Ryan was fired because he didn't produce enough TOs for Garrett's offense...

khiladi

Reaction score
Then the homers were telling us Garrett's imprint is now on the team as is evidenced by Jerry focusing on the OL in the draft..

Suddenly, it's back to blaming Jerry again..

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry's biggest mistake in the off-season was losing Bill Callahan...

Garrett's GUYS bring nothing to the table. His brother sucked, Hudson Houck was done, Linehan clearly can't do anything without Romo, Marinelli and before that Kiffen, wasn't bringing anything but a bend-don't-break scheme..

It's no coincidence that when this guy Callahan came to help Gruden, the team, including Cousins, started improving as a whole on offense.

That is the politics of Jason Garrett and whomever is supporting him in this organization, including Father Garrett and probably guys like Lacewell, who also have a connection going way back.

People keep talking about Jerry not investing in Jason's ability and got a yes man, when the Garrett's are on the Jones family picture essentially... Stephen Jones has been one of the biggest supporters of Jason.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jason Garrett cannot be blamed, period!

This is entirely on Jerry Jones.

Why?

We don't know which decisions are those of Jason Garrett and which are those of Jerry Jones. We honestly don't know and, to his credit, Jason Garrett refuses to compromise his loyalty, and divulge the truth,

This has always been the issue ever since Jimmy Johnson left. Jerry Jones addresses the media and not Jason Garrett. Why would Jerry Jones discuss changes made by his Head Coach, especially if he was in disagreement with them. Doesn't it strike you odd that Jerry Jones always seems to be in complete agreement with decisions that are being made?

He certainly isn't shy when discussing what he doesn't agree with. He still whines about not drafting Manziel. And, for all you Jerry supporters that love Tony Romo, I still have a copy of the article in which he expresses complete disappointment in Parcel's decision to bench Bledsoe and start Tony Romo back in 2006.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2006-10-26-owens-qb-change_x.htm

"I have to be a realist," Jones said. "I hadn't thought or hoped that we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. ... I did not want to this year go to an inexperienced quarterback. I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back."

That's our brilliant GM over the past 20 years, folks. Of course, if you listen to him now you would believe that Jerry marched into Parcell's office that season and demanded that Tony start.

I listened to what Jason Garrett said when he got the job. He had a specific plan, a recipe if you will, for building this team the right way. Based on what he described, it's easy to point out those decisions that were not his.

I don't believe hat Jason Garret wanted Hardy on this team.

I don't believe that he was okay with Murray's contract offer compared to what it should have been to keep him.

Like Norm, I don't believe Jason Garret wanted to start Cassel.

For 4 seasons, Jerry Jones was for the most part, restrained by his son Stephen and advisors in the personnel department. However, as soon as they began winning again, Jerry remembered that he was Jerry and just couldn't help himself.

You will accuse me of being insensitive and cruel, but it is Jerry Jones himself who has said that he will not step down as the GM of this team........implying that things will remain the same as the past 20 years until Jerry Jones is dead.