Nors party - 3-4 defense!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
After an uphill fight. We finally have gone 3-4. We drafted hybrid DE/OLB in Ware. DT/DE Hybrid in Spears. Went with #42 for a big LB in Burnett!

There was no Howard Trade! Its dead.

The 3-4 is here - great day for the Dallas organization.
All you Nors haters - kiss my *** tonight!

And bow to the Northeast!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors, I'm sure we're still gonna play both, but I agree that the 3-4 is gonna be played a lot more this year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors, I still wouldn't say we're a full-time 3-4 team. And when we do we're going to end up with one of our best players (Ellis or Glover) sitting on the bench. That's not a good thing Nors.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
whatever nors, you have been saying this forever, and nothing has been confirmed. I like our defense in a 4-3 lineup rather than 3-4.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:

!
Kiss mine first "there is no way we take ware over merriman"

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
You know what as least for me the fact I hesitate to go 3-4 is because for 44 years the Cowboys have used a 4-3 and last time I heard its been very successful.

You have zero to do with it just as your idea had nothing to do with Parcells deciding to change.

I think you have a far grander vision of yourself than is warranted.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Why would we the defense Dallas plays have anything to do with "Nor hating"?

Where's Ty Law?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Dude, you make yourself easy to "hate" with this kind of self-congratulatory nonsense. Get over yourself.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I know, and nors wonders why he is constantly bashed

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
3-4 IS HERE -

Time for those so steadfast aginst this transition to step down. You are losing the battle. Howard is still a Saint and we added Ware, Spears, Burnett!

Yes - I wanted Merriman over Ware - but thats a 3-4 debate! With Spears Bulk inside we can move Ware outside as 3-4 OLB.

Burnett - we are ready to 3-4 rock!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next_years_Champs said:
You know what as least for me the fact I hesitate to go 3-4 is because for 44 years the Cowboys have used a 4-3 and last time I heard its been very successful.

You have zero to do with it just as your idea had nothing to do with Parcells deciding to change.

I think you have a far grander vision of yourself than is warranted.

That's about the best post I've seen on this topic... and you hit the nail on the head with Nors also.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bring it - I was dead *** right on -
3-4 Draft and no silly Howard Trade.

Sour grapes - eh?

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Nors said:
After an uphill fight. We finally have gone 3-4. We drafted hybrid DE/OLB in Ware. DT/DE Hybrid in Spears. Went with #42 for a big LB in Burnett!

There was no Howard Trade! Its dead.

The 3-4 is here - great day for the Dallas organization.

And bow to the Northeast!

i thought we would change over the whole time...lk at my posts....plus look at the players we have brought in for depth the past few years...THEY ALL PLAY BETTER IN THE 3-4

CARSON RE

COLEMAN LE

ERIC O OLB/HYBRID

THORTON OLB

BP HAD THIS IN MIND THE WHOLE TIME...

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Nors said:
Bring it - I was dead *** right on -
3-4 Draft and no silly Howard Trade.

Actually, the beauty of the guys we drafted is their versatility. Both first round guys can fit either a 3-4 scheme or a 4-3 scheme (as for Burnett, he's a classic 4-3 SAM). Your failure to recognize this suggests that you didn't really understand what went on today.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

To be fair, Nors never claimed to be the reason they changed it (presumably). He just predicted it. Two years ago, but he did predict it (if it happens).

Where's Ty Law?

Hopefully starting at FS for us this year. :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
i thought we would change over the whole time...lk at my posts....plus look at the players we have brought in for depth the past few years...THEY ALL PLAY BETTER IN THE 3-4

CARSON RE

COLEMAN LE

ERIC O OLB/HYBRID

THORTON OLB

BP HAD THIS IN MIND THE WHOLE TIME...

Great post - especially Coleman - a pure 3-4 DE.
Also Shanle who will be a big 3-4 LB someday in Big D!

Woods

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Actually, the beauty of the guys we drafted is their versatility. Both first round guys can fit either a 3-4 scheme or a 4-3 scheme (as for Burnett, he's a classic 4-3 SAM). Your failure to recognize this suggests that you didn't really understand what went on today.

Exactly, just as Ireland had indicated a day or two before the draft.

All 3 of these players can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4 alignments.