Nors party - 3-4 defense!

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Not necessarily the best comparison since this team is just about worse at every single position than the '92 team.

Fair enough. But no team will ever again match that team's depth. And if one were to try, emulating their stockpile of talent along the d-line and the o-line would be the places to start.

ravidubey

Reaction score
The only way to play both Ware and Spears is with a 3-4, and in this scenario Greg Ellis becomes the odd man out.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ravidubey said:
The only way to play both Ware and Spears is with a 3-4, and in this scenario Greg Ellis becomes the odd man out.

The only person that seems to be happy at that prospect is Nors... who really doesn't "get it".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outlaw Heroes said:
Fair enough. But no team will ever again match that team's depth. And if one were to try, emulating their stockpile of talent along the d-line and the o-line would be the places to start.

I agree with that...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
The only person that seems to be happy at that prospect is Nors... who really doesn't "get it".

Miki - your two hours attempt at slandering me is going down the toilet. We are not staying in 4-3 for Ellis as you profess above.

We drafted Ware, Spears, Burnett! Major 3-4 parts - stop the denial. The passive 4-3 loser D is done. Don't make me wake up Hollywood - cause his wrath will soon be on you anyway!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Miki - your two hours attempt at slandering me is going down the toilet. We are not staying in 4-3 for Ellis as you profess above.

We drafted Ware, Spears, Burnett! Major 3-4 parts - stop the denial. The passive 4-3 loser D is done. Don't make me wake up Hollywood - cause his wrath will soon be on you anyway!

Obviously you think it's a good idea to sit Ellis... brilliant!

LynnFoster

Reaction score
Guys, have you seen these quotes on the DMN?

Asked if the two picks meant the Cowboys would change to a 3-4 defensive scheme, Jones said, "No, not necessarily. Ware and Spears leave us total flexibility. We can do some things the 3-4 allows you to do without being a 3-4 team."

Said Parcells: "We're prepared to play both fronts if we have to...we're prepared scheme-wise to go either way."

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
LynnFoster said:

Asked if the two picks meant the Cowboys would change to a 3-4 defensive scheme, Jones said, "No, not necessarily. Ware and Spears leave us total flexibility. We can do some things the 3-4 allows you to do without being a 3-4 team."

Said Parcells: "We're prepared to play both fronts if we have to...we're prepared scheme-wise to go either way."

How are ya Lynn..great to see you.....please post more.

Yes we will see both fronts.......Teams will have to GP both fronts

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LynnFoster said:

There is only one person here that doesn't pay attention to those quotes... :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Yes - all the 4-3 yahoo's are in denial like hitting the iceberg on the titanic.

Howard trade all you Prosters? Where are you? Where are you?

Spears, Ware, Burnett - wake up on our D intentions:)
Miki - back off as you further dig your grave defending 4-3. Notice the vast Silence and non support of your normal cohorts...:) Buzzards circling.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Yes - all the 4-3 yahoo's are in denial like hitting the iceberg on the titanic.

Miki - back off as you further dig your grave defending 4-3. Notice the vast Silence and non support of your normal cohorts...:) Buzzards circling.

3-4, 4-3, both will be played. Everyone expected that.

As far as Howard, most people expected a deal to happen today, if at all. The draft fell the Cowboys' way, so it didn't. Is Howard better than Burnett? I would say yes, but being able to add Spears/Ware, it is no longer a need.

Shall we talk Law, Gildon, 3-4 last year and the plethora of other things you have been dead wrong on in the last couple of years?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:
WHERE IS HOWARD TRADE? Dead all along as I called. Whoopde fricking do!

Ty LAW - Still unsigned - great FS add in June - go get him JJ. Please give it up

Ware - wanted Merriman but Ware the best 3-4 OLB. LMAO, you wanted merriman? No, you said there is no way we choose ware over merriman. Face up.

Pryce - he was said to be cut - I Advocated signing him to a free agent contract. How SMART was that! Denver resigned him LT....you made as big a deal about him as several others did about howard. Oh, but the rules don't apply to nors as far as track record goes :rolleyes:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

Nors... I will give you credit for that post since l admire the use of the word "yahoo's". :)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:

wrong, all are interchangeable.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
course he did, but at this point, we arent about to change full time. Either way, I like either of these line ups...

Ware Nguyen James/Burnett

Ellis Fergi Glover Spears

Nguyen James
Ware Burnett

Ellis Fergi Spears

only prob w/ 3-4 seems like alot of inexperience

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:

Hmmm, everyone in big d disagrees with you. It seems you are the one in denial. You seem ot run and hide whenever someone points to all the times you were wrong. YOu should save face and quit embarrassing yourself with the bashing.

LynnFoster

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
How are ya Lynn..great to see you.....please post more.

Yes we will see both fronts.......Teams will have to GP both fronts

Thanks, but I've been way too busy lately to post anywhere. Besides, this thread is the classic example of why I don't post on this forum. Jones and Parcells both said we are staying with a 4-3 and said on the record. And we have a poster calling them (and us) Yahoos.

Once again - Why did I post??

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
Hmmm, everyone in big d disagrees with you. It seems you are the one in denial. You seem ot run and hide whenever someone points to all the times you were wrong. YOu should save face and quit embarrassing yourself with the bashing.

Tio - I don't run. I answered all your misdirections in this thread - rewind.

We are going 3-4 TIO - Keep pushing me and I'll rub your nose in that for a year! capiche? Smart man backs off as we don't trade for Howard yet draft Spears. Ware and Burnett. Do the MATH. LOL

Bring it my friend if you feel the need. NOTICE THE HIGH PROFILE POSTERS NOT POSTING TONIGHT... THEY GET IT.

slick325

Reaction score
Nors said:

The 3-4 is not a cure all defense. It doesn't have magical powers that vault any team that uses it to dominant status. I have pointed out before and must again that the Baltimore Ravens defense from their Super Bowl season was a 4-3, the great Steelers teams were 4-3 defenses, the Tampa Bay defense from their Super Bowl season was a 4-3 defense, the Gang Green defense Philly had in the early 90's was a 4-3 defense, the 85 Bears vaunted 4-6 used 4 down lineman, the 3 time Super Bowl Champion Cowboys of the 90's used a 4-3 defense. The list goes on and on of superb 4-3 defenses. Those defenses were not at all passive loser defenses! Just because you like the 3-4 alignment does not mean bashing the 4-3 as a whole is necessary. If a team has playmakers the alignment doesn't make a difference. Bottom line is, talent wins games.