Nors party - 3-4 defense!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outlaw Heroes said:
Actually, the beauty of the guys we drafted is their versatility. Both first round guys can fit either a 3-4 scheme or a 4-3 scheme (as for Burnett, he's a classic 4-3 SAM). Your failure to recognize this suggests that you didn't really understand what went on today.

Well said.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ty Law at FS - Holy smokes -

the more CB's that land the greater our chances are...KC and Surtain!
We missed day 1 at FS - Intriguing the thought if he's medically cleared as expected in JUNE...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:
Bring it - I was dead *** right on -
Uhh, no you weren't YOu think you are.

Ty Law...Ware...Pryce...and several more. Face it, you are wrong much more often than you are rite, you just downplay it when you are wrong.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We are going 4-s and we don't draft 3-4 guys - get it!

Yes - We want diverse players that can play both and we will play both but 3-4 is the base. Pats do the same with BB.

We are cutting small LB'ers(Coak/Al S) and just went large on front 7!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tio said:
Ty Law...Ware...Pryce...and several more. Face it, you are wrong much more often than you are rite, you just downplay it when you are wrong.
hehehe.......well you gotta give him that Nors, Tio is right.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:
We are going 4-s and we don't draft 3-4 guys - get it!

Yes - We want diverse players that can play both and we will play both but 3-4 is the base. Pats do the same with BB.

We are cutting small LB'ers(Coak/Al S) and just went large on front 7!
Ok Bill Parcells :rolleyes:

Oh, and when did we cut singleton? ANd JJ said the will decide later what the base is and that the sstems will be interchangeable.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
Uhh, no you weren't YOu think you are.

WHERE IS HOWARD TRADE? Dead all along as I called.

Ty LAW - Still unsigned - great FS add in June - go get him JJ.

Ware - wanted Merriman but Ware the best 3-4 OLB.

Pryce - he was said to be cut - I Advocated signing him to a free agent contract. How SMART was that! Denver resigned him LT....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
WHERE IS HOWARD TRADE? Dead all along as I called.

Ty LAW - Still unsigned - great FS add in June - go get him JJ.

Ware - wanted Merriman but Ware the best 3-4 OLB.

Pryce - he was said to be cut - I Advocated signing him to a free agent contract. How SMART was that! Denver resigned him LT....

Where was Derrick Johnson top 3? Or even top 10?

Ty Law? This is what, 2 years now that you have been advocating him?

You roundly mocked Ware before the draft, now he supports your stance?

Pryce was never an option or considered by Dallas. The draft fell perfectly for Dallas today, so no need to trade for Howard. Ware and Spears give the team the ability to move into and out of the 3-4 and 4-3 easily as well as to provide pieces on the front 7 for the future.

What about Gildon? Thomas Davis? Travis Johnson? You are wrong as often as you are right, but you sure like to gloat when you think you are right. What about when you are wrong?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
junk said:
Where was Derrick Johnson top 3? Or even top 10?

Ty Law? This is what, 2 years now that you have been advocating him?

You roundly mocked Ware before the draft, now he supports your stance?

Pryce was never an option or considered by Dallas. The draft fell perfectly for Dallas today, so no need to trade for Howard. Ware and Spears give the team to move into and out of the 3-4 and 4-3 easily as well as to provide pieces on the front 7 for the future.

What about Gildon? Thomas Davis? Travis Johnson? You are wrong as often as you are right, but you sure like to gloat when you think you are right. What about when you are wrong?
good points junk but i think it is time to retire the sig. :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tio - want me to run a D&B on your posts.

I'm a draftnik - I post opinions on almost all the top 300 picks. Thomas Davis and Travis Johnson were both top 16 picks:) Yes I was high on them. As I was on Ware, Merriman and Spears!

Not bad for my talent eye being dead on.

Dallas can't draft them all:)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
good points junk but i think it is time to retire the sig. :D

LOL. I know, I told Juke I would keep it until after the draft. I think people thought it was because I was a big DJ fan, it was actually intended as sarcasm. Since DJ didn't even go top 10, I think it proved its point.

Its gone tomorrow!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nors, I still wouldn't say we're a full-time 3-4 team. And when we do we're going to end up with one of our best players (Ellis or Glover) sitting on the bench. That's not a good thing Nors.
My thoughts exactly, no matter how I shuffle the players it seems that either one of our first round picks OR Glover/Ellis are on the bench. Seems like a waste to me when there are still positions without starting quality players.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
junk said:
What about when you are wrong?

Please tell me you don't expect a straight answer to this question.

He plays by his own rules.

Nors Rules:
1. I am always right
2. If I'm ever wrong, see rule #1.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:

Nors Rules:
1. I am always right
:lmao:

Ya'll are really leaning on Nors.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheSkaven said:
My thoughts exactly, no matter how I shuffle the players it seems that either one of our first round picks OR Glover/Ellis are on the bench. Seems like a waste to me when there are still positions without starting quality players.

Yes it is a waste. I'm waiting for how long it's going to take to "sink-in" for the rest of the board that we've screwed ourselves to a certain extent.

I'm very pleased with the quality of players... just not how they "match-up" with our needs.

Heck, I would have been happier with drafting Ware at 11 and just making him our full-time 4-3 DE. Use #20 for a WR.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EveryoneElse said:

Nors Rules:
1. I am always right

ROFLMAO!

Post of the day!

twa

Reaction score
It's all good...Roy ate a bisciut....Look for the 4-4
Ya heard it here first :eek:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
'92 Cowboys had Lett, Hennings, Casillas, Maryland, Tolbert, Haley and Jeffcoat. Best d-line rotation ever, and one of the keys to that team's dominance. It's never a waste to have a glut of talent in the trenches.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outlaw Heroes said:
'92 Cowboys had Lett, Hennings, Casillas, Maryland, Tolbert, Haley and Jeffcoat. Best d-line rotation ever, and one of the keys to that team's dominance. It's never a waste to have a glut of talent in the trenches.

Not necessarily the best comparison since this team is just about worse at every single position than the '92 team.