Not buying Cowboys hype

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think people aware misunderstanding. Not sure what hype y’all are accusing folks of believing unless it’s their 8-3 record. Some of believe the team can go all the way while others expect the same thing to happen as last year. That’s just a loser mentality. Not accusing you of that, but certainly the OP an runswildly

Yeah, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think the OP is giving up or anything. I think the OP is just taking a wait and see approach for how excited they are about the rest of the season. I think that's reasonable.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He thinks he is still so important and special he gets to tell other people how to fan.

Incredibly narcissistic.
We all make choices based on our morals. Giving up before the season is over may be fine for you, but it’s not for me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think the OP is giving up or anything. I think the OP is just taking a wait and see approach for how excited they are about the rest of the season. I think that's reasonable.
Read his first sentence again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Read his first sentence again.

I did, and I read the whole OP. To me, the OP is simply stating that he's not getting his hopes up about winning the Super Bowl. I think that's reasonable. It's going to be hard enough down the stretch to win the division, much less the Super Bowl. So, I think the the approach that I'm taking as opposed to previous years, is that I'm taking things one game at a time. Previously, I'd think a big win streak meant we were winning a Super Bowl, only for the season to end in tears. I've learned to just go one game at a time. I think that's sort of what the OP is saying. At least that's the way that I see read the thread.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, but the overwhelming majority of those teams have seen a Championship game at least once over the past 3 decades.
One third of them have never won 1 Super Bowl. More than half of them have won 2 or less.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You think do highly of yourself....you can judge people based on some comments on internet sports forum.

A real leader knows it's not just words but actions.
On a forum your words are your actions. You reap what you sow. Man up and deal with it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think people are misunderstanding. Not sure what hype y’all are accusing folks of believing unless it’s their 8-3 record. Some of believe the team can go all the way while others expect the same thing to happen as last year. That’s just a loser mentality. Not accusing you of that, but certainly the OP an runswildly
See that? There ya go again with the reading comprehension issues. I never even said how I personally felt about the team's chances. I just disputed your assertion that anyone who wants to wait and see has given up.

I think this team has a very good shot at a deep playoff run, if they get the run defense figured out and the offense gets more consistent. But I also allow other people to be fans the way they want to be fans, without crying that they've given up, just because they want to wait and see. In reality, that's all any of us can do is wait and see. If you feel differently, then you go ahead and proclaim them the winners of the SB right now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think people are misunderstanding. Not sure what hype y’all are accusing folks of believing unless it’s their 8-3 record. Some of believe the team can go all the way while others expect the same thing to happen as last year. That’s just a loser mentality. Not accusing you of that, but certainly the OP an runswildly

Also, I should mention that I've known @Runwildboys for a long time on here. He seems to me to be a rather passionate Cowboys fan. At least from what I've seen since I joined the fandom.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I did, and I read the whole OP. To me, the OP is simply stating that he's not getting his hopes up about winning the Super Bowl. I think that's reasonable. It's going to be hard enough down the stretch to win the division, much less the Super Bowl. So, I think the the approach that I'm taking as opposed to previous years, is that I'm taking things one game at a time. Previously, I'd think a big win streak meant we were winning a Super Bowl, only for the season to end in tears. I've learned to just go one game at a time. I think that's sort of what the OP is saying. At least that's the way that I see read the thread.
I read it differently. A glass half empty post.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
See that? There ya go again with the reading comprehension issues. I never even said how I personally felt about the team's chances. I just disputed your assertion that anyone who wants to wait and see has given up.

I think this team has a very good shot at a deep playoff run, if they get the run defense figured out and the offense gets more consistent. But I also allow other people to be fans the way they want to be fans, without crying that they've given up, just because they want to wait and see. In reality, that's all any of us can do is wait and see. If you feel differently, then you go ahead and proclaim them the winners of the SB right now.
You don’t get it or are just ignoring my point for obvious reasons.