Not enough Elite QB’s to go around

PackerNation

Benched
Reaction score
Brady for sure is elite. Can’t deny rogers because of his past body of work. Mahomes is really good and won a SB. Allen not so sure.

Just not a lot of elite players and for some it takes years to distinguish. Put a great team together and most good qb can win a SB. Brady though is next level.
Josh Allen is elite. I'd actually take him over Mahomes if I was forced to choose. Has it all. Size, cannon arm, mobility, intelligence, toughness. He will have a couple rings at least when all is said and done.

Not sure if you are misspelling Rodgers out of disrespect, but enough do that I felt the need to correct you. I deal with jealous Vikings and Bears fans calling him "Erin." Aaron Rodgers has been in the league since 2005, I think he can be afforded the respect to have his name spelled correctly.

Appreciate it!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Josh Allen is elite. I'd actually take him over Mahomes if I was forced to choose. Has it all. Size, cannon arm, mobility, intelligence, toughness. He will have a couple rings at least when all is said and done.

Not sure if you are misspelling Rodgers out of disrespect, but enough do that I felt the need to correct you. I deal with jealous Vikings and Bears fans calling him "Erin." Aaron Rodgers has been in the league since 2005, I think he can be afforded the respect to have his name spelled correctly.

Appreciate it!
Lol. Yeah like I say egirls. I do it out of frustration. You have to respect him. Playing against him and our long gone marinelli as dc. Marinelli was such a idiot. We play him with a bad calf and pressured him and had him frustrated for the first half and simply quit bringing pressure. Let him walk or limp his team up and down the field. The next time let him run the field the first half then in the second half he brings pressure and we come back only to fail.

If you don’t pressure him he will eat your lunch. If you do he may still but at least you have a chance. We seem to understand this during regular season but as soon as the playoffs come they forget. Lol. Quinn did the same thing in the 49ers game. We had Parsons who was giving qb fits but we spy garapilo instead of treating him like other qbs we played. When we did bring it he panics.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Matthew Stafford is suddenly an elite QB? For 12 years he languished in Detroit but in your pea brain SB win = Elite QB. :lmao:

No you clown I’m saying the exact opposite. Stafford is the exact point making. That he has just as many rings as “elite” qbs like rodgers and Mahomes. Which means you don’t need one to win like I just said in the first place. Thanks for proving my point. You’re making this too easy grandpa :laugh::laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No you clown I’m saying the exact opposite. Stafford is the exact point making. That he has just as many rings as “elite” qbs like rodgers and Mahomes. Which means you don’t need one to win like I just said in the first place. Thanks for proving my point. You’re making this too easy grandpa
Now you are trying to take credit for my point? I'm the one that said Dak isn't elite, not you! I'm not letting a no-talent thief steal my point.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know you weren't asking me, but I would say no. But I can't know for sure. I'm saying no because after the Denver game he had no problem throwing for just shy of 300 yards and 2 TDs against Atlanta. Then the Calf injury comes back against KC? No. In the 2nd half the competition got tougher. People talk about 1st half 2nd half as if the Cowboys are playing the same team every week.

ATL, indoors at home... KC outdoors on the road in the cold.. Raiders indoors at home... See a pattern? Soft tissue injuries hurt more in the cold. Let me put it to you this way.. If you pull a hammie after a couple of weeks you can run 75% all day without any pain. But if you try to crank it up to 80-85% you rip the hammie again and have to shut it down. When Dak came back after two weeks off because of the calf there was no way he was fully healed. But he was good to go to that 75% level.. But he knew if he pushed it to 80% he was going to miss more games. In games against chumps he could play the whole game at or below 75%. Against better defenses he was stressed. He got flushed out of the pocket more.. his running game couldn't help him as much. The main thing the calf took from him was the ability to throw on the run. He simply WOULD not plant that right leg and fire the ball on the money like we've gotten used to him doing. That's a huge part of his game. Instead his throws on the rollouts to the right became a crapshoot. Again, bad defenses could not force him to have to do it a lot, good defenses could. It's not rocket surgery.

The plain fact is that the difference athletically between these guys is so small a 5-10% reduction in capacity makes a HUGE difference in performance vs guys who are closer to 100%. The other factor is that for Dak the calf was the third injury inside of a year.. ankle, lat, calf. I don't care what anyone says, that gets into a player's head. Especially every time he felt a little twinge all that came rushing back. And I repeat.. you fall off by just degrees and you're no longer a dominant player..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There's not. And we got one. Dak is "elite". Some just don't know it yet but they will soon.
They still won't be satisfied. Must be a rough life living in misery 24-7. :laugh:
No you clown I’m saying the exact opposite. Stafford is the exact point making. That he has just as many rings as “elite” qbs like rodgers and Mahomes. Which means you don’t need one to win like I just said in the first place. Thanks for proving my point. You’re making this too easy grandpa :laugh::laugh:
....and Foles!:lmao:

kevm3

Reaction score
You don't need an elite qb to win, but you need the rest of the team to be ultra stacked. That LA roster last year was one of the most talent filled rosters ever in the salary cap era and arguably even before it.