Not on Weeden but on the game plan

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
so passing is not working. when the WRs drop balls. and QB can't hit side of a truck while standing next to it. what coaching adjustments can they make? plays are called. execute. plays called were simple execution plays. lots of quick throws and he continuously missed them. should they work on his throws and stare downs during the game. lets just agree that weeden sucked. that was the bottom line. oh yeah I forgot, even weeden said he sucked. his WRs were screaming at him on the side line. you can't make filet mignon out of a pile of shiet by putting a piece of parsley next to it and putting in on a nice plate. you need some meet to at least pass it as filet!!!!

Love the metaphors.

waving monkey

Reaction score
its on Weeden] not finding open receivers, inaccuracy . the game might be too big for him even after three years in the league

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Against Arizona he looked horrible!!!
Stared Dez down too much and on some throws multiple defenders were there. Leads me to believe he missed open targets on those plays.

You can't do that with that defense. They'll make you pay for it.

I still believe he's playing. I don't see us risking Romo vs a non conference/divisional game.

This is a game where everyone needs to cone together and pull one out. If we can do that while resting Romo we would be in good shape vs NY n Phi.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It was the consensus hear, I belief, before the game that the plan was to give the ball to Murray. Manys manys time.

How hard was that?

If Murray had 40 yards at havetime, I say let him pound the ball relentlessly ALL game and the rest of the game.
With 2 minute left in the already lost game, he was on the sidelines. For his sake at least let him rip a couple of long runs to keep his record going for this proud player. The genuses on the sideline should have let him carry all day long and discourage Weeden from thowing too much.

Romo dodged a bullet by the name of the Cardinals defense and he should thank Weeden that he took all the pressure this week while maybe Romo can relatively cruise next week in London. I think the bravados in him will make him play.

But the game plan should be so few passes that Murray could pound it as the blitz came on anyway.

Weeden gave it his best but the game plan failed him with Dez and Murray relatively marginalized. Weeden turned in a sorry performance but so did many other cowboys including our secondary so knock off the Weeden bashing. It was not him exclusively and yous knows it.:mad:

Teams play on tendencies.

- we run 90% of the time on first down.
- we run 90% of the time when our QB linesup under center.
- we pass 90% of the time out of S11.

Our OL is not good in pass protection and especially not good against the blitz. Neither is our QB in seting up protection. That "joke" no 53 made when he said Romo "i'm not the mike" was no joke - unfortunately.

Washington showed the blue print how to stop our offense. Stop the run when you know they run and blitz them to death on obvious passing plays.

If we dont start using a more flexible game plan and instead trying to force plays we think we are strong in we will see this style of defense the rest of the season. And i dont think we will come up as the winning team in the end.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It was the consensus hear, I belief, before the game that the plan was to give the ball to Murray. Manys manys time.

How hard was that?

If Murray had 40 yards at havetime, I say let him pound the ball relentlessly ALL game and the rest of the game.
With 2 minute left in the already lost game, he was on the sidelines. For his sake at least let him rip a couple of long runs to keep his record going for this proud player. The genuses on the sideline should have let him carry all day long and discourage Weeden from thowing too much.

Romo dodged a bullet by the name of the Cardinals defense and he should thank Weeden that he took all the pressure this week while maybe Romo can relatively cruise next week in London. I think the bravados in him will make him play.

But the game plan should be so few passes that Murray could pound it as the blitz came on anyway.

Weeden gave it his best but the game plan failed him with Dez and Murray relatively marginalized. Weeden turned in a sorry performance but so did many other cowboys including our secondary so knock off the Weeden bashing. It was not him exclusively and yous knows it.:mad:

Dude, you didn't watch the game...it's okay....I've slept "off" some shamefully. It actually was All Weeden; D played well, Murray ran well, and Weeden couldn't hit one starting receiver all game. Opening QC rookie day v TB bad.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

How hard was that?

My man @ it again :D

Dude, you didn't watch the game...it's okay....I've slept "off" some shamefully. It actually was All Weeden; D played well, Murray ran well, and Weeden couldn't hit one starting receiver all game. Opening QC rookie day v TB bad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My man @ it again :D

I was front and center.

I do not deny Weeden played bad. I just think the game plan was wrong for him. I think the coaches did not make the proper adjustments. And ultimately we helped beat ourselves.

And Murray ran well, yes, but he should have been kept busy pounding the ball even with 2 minutes left. It was wrong to let that 100-yard per game record from his grasp.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I was front and center.

I do not deny Weeden played bad. I just think the game plan was wrong for him. I think the coaches did not make the proper adjustments. And ultimately we helped beat ourselves.

And Murray ran well, yes, but he should have been kept busy pounding the ball even with 2 minutes left. It was wrong to let that 100-yard per game record from his grasp.

If your talking in pre game/mid game adjustments I hear you. But Weeden was just, well just yeah...Linehan has much to improve on after these last two stinkers. I don't even account for JG anymore...what ADVANTAGE does he ever offer? comical when really trying to think of something....kinda sux tbh. Drafting has improved in top 3?

Last edited: