Not one Jaylon Smith thread on the main page

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
As expected, this guy is quietly going about incorporating his skill into the defense (as planned...... ) when he was drafted last offseason. It seems like just yesterday that so many of us indicated he would never see the field and found every expletive to call our scouting team for taking him as a red shirt.

WELP.......

The guy is quietly getting up to speed on the field and in game action. It's such a beautiful thing to behold. He may not be making a huge difference yet but, in essence, this is his second game of his rookie campaign. Just you wait.. I give it until mid season and some special things are going to start happening.

Can you hear it? That's the sound of the J Train chugging along quietly through your yard.

Wooooooooo woooooooooooooo!

Jenky

Reaction score
As expected, this guy is quietly going about incorporating his skill into the defense (as planned...... ) when he was drafted last offseason. It seems like just yesterday that so many of us indicated he would never see the field and found every expletive to call our scouting team for taking him as a red shirt.

WELP.......

The guy is quietly getting up to speed on the field and in game action. It's such a beautiful thing to behold. He may not be making a huge difference yet but, in essence, this is his second game of his rookie campaign. Just you wait.. I give it until mid season and some special things are going to start happening.

Can you hear it? That's the sound of the J Train chugging along quietly through your yard.

You must have missed threads on game day. He got a roasting.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

WELP.......

If anything people are holding back criticism of him until they give him some more time on the field.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we ll see at the end of the year. as i said, the field will dictate. Dallas has got to get over this "lets be loyal to injured guys" which also goes with "lets keep holding onto projects". If by the end of the year hes just a JAG, label him a JAG and move on.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I can hear it, brother!
It got the dog to barking and that scared the cat enough to run under the front porch,,,well that raised hell with my pet javelina that chills out under there during the heat of the day to where it shot straight up thru the floor boards and by the fates that surely await,that fuzzed up my saddle mule tethered to the corner post that's holding up the front porch roof to where it pulled it's Chuck Norris spinning mule shoe casing-liner and thusly collapsed the porch roof effectively blocking my front door egress,,, don't worry about me ,I'll be alright till the whiskey runs out ,,,then I'll figure out a way to catch that J-train rumbling thru,,,as the apparent Havoc that thing is capable of is remarkableo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

:lmao:

risco

Reaction score

WELP.......

Easy, I wouldn't necessarily give him the keys to the Porsche. He has a very long way to go. That drop step is affecting his run stopping abilities. That drop step causes him to be a little tight during change of direction. And he often overrun plays as a result. At best, he gets a C- thus far. That's just my opinion- not trying to cause a chat fight- lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jaylon has come a long way in terms of healing, rehabbing and generally regaining his health. The challenge he's now facing is that of getting his "mojo" back. It has and will involve getting the physical and mental aspects of playing LB fully integrated into his performance. He's still essentially a rookie and as such, he deserves ample time to prove his abilities. The serious extent of his injuries demands as much.

I don't doubt that he'll improve substantially but instead, simply wondering if he'll be able to return 100% to what he was in college. He may or may not return to that lofty level soon or at all but I'd bet he'll eventually get to a highly productive level that will have us all smiling widely. It'll just take time. To be fair, his performance in Denver was one that was shared by the entire team, not just himself. He'll be fine.

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Because he sucked on Sunday, but so did the whole defense. Not sure why he should have his own thread, maybe I should bust him in the eye and give him blurry vision. How bout dat?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

WELP.......

Totally agree.

I give him the whole season before we see real progress.

His recovery has been nice.

I just want him to play every game he can.

And take breaks to allow full recovery from games where possible.

Want to see a body of his work now.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Because he sucked on Sunday, but so did the whole defense. Not sure why he should have his own thread, maybe I should bust him in the eye and give him blurry vision. How bout dat?
No worries. I'll give him his own thread because he is STILL what we drafted. That's a rookie with a load of potential who, according to others, led the defense in tackles amid a heckuva defensive shortage against Denver.

revospeed

Reaction score
Jaylon led the team in tackles with 10, not Sean Lee, but Jaylon Smith.
If that is not good, I can't wait to see him when he is good by your standards.

Didn't realize that. He looks good when the play is coming towards him, but he doesn't look all that great in pursuit, which is understandable.

But yes, Sean Lee looked like hot garbage in the Denver game.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jaylon led the team in tackles with 10, not Sean Lee, but Jaylon Smith.
If that is not good, I can't wait to see him when he is good by your standards.
That is not good. Lee should be leading in tackles. When Jay does it, it means Sean had a bad game and he did.
A year from now though... Jay should be dominating.