Not one Jaylon Smith thread on the main page

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill? The guy was drafted in the 5th round. How’s he relevant to this?
Well we could have drafted him instead of Dak Prescott and.....oh wait..

He's relevant because, unlike Jaylon Smith, he could have helped the team win games, and could have been selected instead.

DiResta

Reaction score
You don't draft a guy that high to hope he might one day be good. It was an awful, awful pick.
Jaylon could be the next Lee, he really is on the job rehab and training instead sitting on the bench, this will only make him better. Hitchens is a very good player but hes hurt so Jaylon needs more time playing than expected. Lee is 30. When he leaves (I cry) even if it takes Jaylon 3 years to get rid of brace and play 3 downs to step in for Lee at Will linebacker is worth it. He is not ready this is true. but every week he gets more closer and that is the goal. Only fools think he start playing after 2 years off from college and injury not playing football and look like Ray Lewis. We fans love him and waiting for the great day the brace come off. and that day will come

kumizi

Reaction score
He's considered a rookie starting his 3rd game (because of injury to another player, mind you) after missing an ENTIRE season due to injury, and is tied for leading the team in tackles. I don't know what you are expecting to see, But you obviously have the bar set ridiculously high. What else are you expecting to see? Him in the backfield every play with 5 forced fumbles, 9 sacks, and 6 interceptions?? In his THIRD game ever as a pro??
He's the middle linebacker. Saying he leads the team in tackles is like the 4 hole hitter leading the team in RBIs. That stat tells you almost nothing about how good, or in this case, how terrible he looks.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Jaylon could be the next Lee, he really is on the job rehab and training instead sitting on the bench, this will only make him better. Hitchens is a very good player but hes hurt so Jaylon needs more time playing than expected. Lee is 30. When he leaves (I cry) even if it takes Jaylon 3 years to get rid of brace and play 3 downs to step in for Lee at Will linebacker is worth it. He is not ready this is true. but every week he gets more closer and that is the goal. Only fools think he start playing after 2 years off from college and injury not playing football and look like Ray Lewis. We fans love him and waiting for the great day the brace come off. and that day will come

I hope you're right. I really do.

Smashin222

Reaction score
Why is everyone who isn't naively supportive a troll? Don't be lazy.

I don't know you, but you've posted like 5 posts for every one post of other folks. And you're just repeating yourself ad nauseum. Hallmark signs of a troll or someone with an obsessive agenda. Unfortunately you're not providing any analysis so even if you're not purposefully being a troll, that's all you amount to in this discussion. If you had insight or information, it wouldn't be so offensive. God forbid a 2nd round pick who plays 0 snaps his first year doesn't light the world on fire in his first 3 games, and just leads his team in tackles as the backup MLB. I suppose we should never have drafted Demarcus Lawrence. What a waste of a top pick, you know?

Smashin222

Reaction score
He's the middle linebacker. Saying he leads the team in tackles is like the 4 hole hitter leading the team in RBIs. That stat tells you almost nothing about how good, or in this case, how terrible he looks.

#15 overall in tackles according to NFL.com. #9 at his position. He's so terrible that he's playing MLB in the #10 defense by yards, and #12 by points. How many teams can say their backup MLB is capable of that? Apparently not many.

LOL before you find another reason to ignore numbers.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I don't know you, but you've posted like 5 posts for every one post of other folks. And you're just repeating yourself ad nauseum. Hallmark signs of a troll or someone with an obsessive agenda. Unfortunately you're not providing any analysis so even if you're not purposefully being a troll, that's all you amount to in this discussion. If you had insight or information, it wouldn't be so offensive. God forbid a 2nd round pick who plays 0 snaps his first year doesn't light the world on fire in his first 3 games, and just leads his team in tackles as the backup MLB. I suppose we should never have drafted Demarcus Lawrence. What a waste of a top pick, you know?

That's not true. I was having some fun with Fuzzy, but other than that, I've simply been replying to comments towards me. I haven't even gotten around to replying to them all.

And where is your analysis? What kind analysis are you looking for, even? You think he's likely to repay the investment and I dont.

Smashin222

Reaction score
That's not true. I was having some fun with Fuzzy, but other than that, I've simply been replying to comments towards me. I haven't even gotten around to replying to them all.

And where is your analysis? What kind analysis are you looking for, even? You think he's likely to repay the investment and I dont.

Something beyond "he's bad, I watched and he was bad, therefore he's bad and won't get better, therefore he was a waste of a pick, because he's bad, therefore he won't get better, and we could have gotten something useful with the pick, what a waste of a pick, because he's bad."

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
#15 overall in tackles according to NFL.com. #9 at his position. He's so terrible that he's playing MLB in the #10 defense by yards, and #12 by points. How many teams can say their backup MLB is capable of that? Apparently not many.

LOL before you find another reason to ignore numbers.

Do you really think he's been good? Or that total tackles is much of an indicator?

We can certainly disagree on what happens moving forward, but I'm kind of surprised that some feel he's been good to this point.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Something beyond "he's bad, I watched and he was bad, therefore he's bad and won't get better, therefore he was a waste of a pick, because he's bad, therefore he won't get better, and we could have gotten something useful with the pick, what a waste of a pick, because he's bad."

Straw men. Moving on.

DiResta

Reaction score
Why is everyone who isn't naively supportive a troll? Don't be lazy.
i dont understand why so hard to see, Jaylon is not 100% ready hes got a brace and he said many times hes on a plan. heres that plan

on pass drop in zone, get in pass lane watch qb and on run crash line fill your gap but most of all keep the play in front of you right? when he gets doctor cleared and trainer takes off the brace then we know hes not limited. until then we watch him get better breaking on pass and attack the run. those things he will improve on and maybe he hits a wall but as long as he is getting better let him play. last night the defense play to much so we need to be careful not to over play because when tired much more chance of setback or injury.

DiResta

Reaction score
Do you really think he's been good? Or that total tackles is much of an indicator?

We can certainly disagree on what happens moving forward, but I'm kind of surprised that some feel he's been good to this point
Imagine our offense with Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, or even Sterling Sheperd.
imagine with a player other than Tyron or Zach or Lee or Fredrick

I like this pretend game

superonyx

Reaction score
He's relevant because, unlike Jaylon Smith, he could have helped the team win games, and could have been selected instead.
No he is relevant to you because you want to cherry pick an entire draft, look for the over performing players and hold us to a standard that isn’t possible and makes no sense at all.

You know this same thing can be done for almost every player in nfl history in every draft. It’s just goofy and lazy.

Ken

Reaction score
well...this shows you how much you know about baseball and defense in football.

The #3 hitter is your best hitter and will typically lead your team in batting categories.

The weakside LB in this defense will make most of the tackles.

John813

Reaction score

You know why he fell in the draft? Transferred to that small school?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/10/tyreek-hill-kansas-city-chiefs-domestic-violence

Hill, then a 20-year-old star returner and wide receiver at Oklahoma State, was at his apartment with his girlfriend, who was eight weeks pregnant with their child, when she received a text message from someone saying that Hill had been “hitting on high schoolers.” According to the police report and court testimony, Hill threw her phone and laptop into the hallway and shut her out of his room. When she re-entered, Hill hit her in the face, choked her and punched her in the stomach. He put her in a headlock that put “external pressure on her neck that compressed her airway” according to his statement in his guilty plea.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
No he is relevant to you because you want to cherry pick an entire draft, look for the over performing players and hold us to a standard that isn’t possible and makes no sense at all.

You know this same thing can be done for almost every player in nfl history in every draft. It’s just goofy and lazy.

Fair enough. You're right. It doesn't make sense to cherry pick like that. It doesn't matter now, but I simply would have preferred a player who was more likely to be contributing in a meaningful way by now.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
You know why he fell in the draft? Transferred to that small school?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/10/tyreek-hill-kansas-city-chiefs-domestic-violence

Hill, then a 20-year-old star returner and wide receiver at Oklahoma State, was at his apartment with his girlfriend, who was eight weeks pregnant with their child, when she received a text message from someone saying that Hill had been “hitting on high schoolers.” According to the police report and court testimony, Hill threw her phone and laptop into the hallway and shut her out of his room. When she re-entered, Hill hit her in the face, choked her and punched her in the stomach. He put her in a headlock that put “external pressure on her neck that compressed her airway” according to his statement in his guilty plea.

I honestly forgot about that. Good call. Do not want.

John813

Reaction score
I honestly forgot about that. Good call. Do not want.

Yea, no doubt he goes in day 2, if not round 1 if that never happened and he stayed at OK State.
Dude has legit wheels and can catch the ball.
Never really heard too much national outrage over his case. Small pip when he blew up in the NFL but it quickly died down.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm glad this board wasn't around when Randy White first started out with the Cowboys, and he wasn't even coming back from a major injury.

"He's a bust!" Too slow to be a linebacker, too small to be a tackle!"

RandyWhite.jpg