Not Overly Impressed With Chance Warmack

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;5017656 said:
Watched him against Tenn, LSU and ND and did not really come away impressed youtube scouting. I don't watch NCAA sports except to look at draft prospects and I never watch ESPN but for Spurs, Red Sox and Cowboys games so I am insulated from the hype. I get the feeling that some of the hoopla about him is from the "best OL in football" and "best running team in football" comments you get from Mussberger and the like. Anyway onto specifics.
Good analysis.

What is you opinion of Fluker?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5026044 said:
My grades are done for all the the videos that are currently posted. I have a current NFL executive and a former NFL scout on standby waiting for Burm's grades. He can pick which one he wants or he can even provide one of his own to be the "judge".

I probably shouldn't hold by breath for a site-killing troll though should I?

What did you think of his man blocking and pass protection?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5019901 said:
NFL LBers aren't going to stand there uncovered like ND's did.

Show me where he dominates a DT:

This argument has gotten ridiculous. Happens a lot as debates wage on for far too long....

But this point you make here is as goofy as goofy gets. The ND LB he was routinely manhandling will be an NFL LB no more than a day later than Warmack. In fact entering the NC Game Teo was considered the better NFL prospect. He was humiliated in the NC game to the extent his invisible GF is a secondary concern.

Warmack has tons of youtube clips dominating DTs, LBs and everyone else. If you can't find them you are not trying very hard. On more than a few TD runs at the goal line he buries multiple people. There is a reason EVERY scout mentions his raw power.

He is a very large, agile individual with great power. And your chosen youtube footage shows he was routinely upfield or on the edge blocking people with great success. Thoughts that he can't move are silly as is any thought about lacking power or explosion. He often turns guys completely with just one arm on them.

Bench Press numbers are largely pointless and certainly overrated. It is an exercise you improve with practice and has a lot do with your build. I can easily best many of these hopefuls but they'd crush me with pads on battling. Many collegiate and NFL programs hate the exercise altogether. It is damaging to you body with no real benefit. That's why they focus on Olympic lifts and other full body movements.

The only real issue is can you afford to take an OG at 18. It is a position where even a pro bowl performance means little to the win total. A solid, veteran OG like Livings makes 3m a year whereas a rookie 1st rounder will make nearly as much day 1.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jterrell;5026225 said:
This argument has gotten ridiculous. Happens a lot as debates wage on for far too long....

But this point you make here is as goofy as goofy gets. The ND LB he was routinely manhandling will be an NFL LB no more than a day later than Warmack. In fact entering the NC Game Teo was considered the better NFL prospect. He was humiliated in the NC game to the extent his invisible GF is a secondary concern.

Warmack has tons of youtube clips dominating DTs, LBs and everyone else. If you can't find them you are not trying very hard. On more than a few TD runs at the goal line he buries multiple people. There is a reason EVERY scout mentions his raw power.

He is a very large, agile individual with great power. And your chosen youtube footage shows he was routinely upfield or on the edge blocking people with great success. Thoughts that he can't move are silly as is any thought about lacking power or explosion. He often turns guys completely with just one arm on them.

Bench Press numbers are largely pointless and certainly overrated. It is an exercise you improve with practice and has a lot do with your build. I can easily best many of these hopefuls but they'd crush me with pads on battling. Many collegiate and NFL programs hate the exercise altogether. It is damaging to you body with no real benefit. That's why they focus on Olympic lifts and other full body movements.

The only real issue is can you afford to take an OG at 18. It is a position where even a pro bowl performance means little to the win total. A solid, veteran OG like Livings makes 3m a year whereas a rookie 1st rounder will make nearly as much day 1.

You certainly do a very good job of not disagreeing with a single thing I am saying while using said logic as a blanket dismissal.

Those are the only 4 games I found of Warmack on the interwebs. Three of them were against top 5 teams. I posted everything I could find and they are top competition. The Tennessee DT he faced is one of the better DL in the SEC. Warmack couldn't handle him quite the contrary. He got handled.

And for all of these clips of him dominating DT: you haven't posted one. You're all talk and no show in that regard. If they are easy to find then by all means show it. I looked and didn't see them when he was one on one. Again overpowering a S or LB or getting Jones to help him is not impressive to me. I saw the power when he would hit a guy that was already engaged or stood up a guy so they could do the same and that's not that impressive to me either. The linemen at AL were very well coached and worked very well together that impressed me.

I am still waiting for you to show me where he drives his man downfield in POA man blocking. I don't disagree that he combos well with Jones. Never have but that is how he got push because as your lack of example indicates the one on ones showing that are few and far between.

What Teo is supposedly going to be in the NFL is besides the point and assumptive He didn't move laterally. You don't deny that so the rest of your assumptions are meaningless. Because of that Warmack didn't have to move laterally. In other cases like against GA the LB did move laterally and he would just wall them off to get a crease. What I did not see was a LB try to attack him and get on his hip. Who knows how that would go.

As for the bench press: I guess the NFL has them do it for fun. Blocking is not just about the your ability to push off obviously. Your meaningless comparison of yourself to him aside, I also brought up vert and BJ because of that fact. I haven't brought up his 40 time even though it's pretty bad because I couldn't find his 10 yard split but his BJ is not impressive and his vert was well below average. No matter how you try and spin it, he showed below average athleticism at the combine. He was average to awful in each event he participated in even for a man his size.

tm1119

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5026245 said:
You certainly do a very good job of not disagreeing with a single thing I am saying while using said logic as a blanket dismissal.

Those are the only 4 games I found of Warmack on the interwebs. Three of them were against top 5 teams. I posted everything I could find and they are top competition. The Tennessee DT he faced is one of the better DL in the SEC. Warmack couldn't handle him quite the contrary. He got handled.

And for all of these clips of him dominating DT: you haven't posted one. You're all talk and no show in that regard. If they are easy to find then by all means show it. I looked and didn't see them when he was one on one. Again overpowering a S or LB or getting Jones to help him is not impressive to me. I saw the power when he would hit a guy that was already engaged or stood up a guy so they could do the same and that's not that impressive to me either. The linemen at AL were very well coached and worked very well together that impressed me.

I am still waiting for you to show me where he drives his man downfield in POA man blocking. I don't disagree that he combos well with Jones. Never have but that is how he got push because as your lack of example indicates the one on ones showing that are few and far between.

What Teo is supposedly going to be in the NFL is besides the point and assumptive He didn't move laterally. You don't deny that so the rest of your assumptions are meaningless. Because of that Warmack didn't have to move laterally. In other cases like against GA the LB did move laterally and he would just wall them off to get a crease. What I did not see was a LB try to attack him and get on his hip. Who knows how that would go.

As for the bench press: I guess the NFL has them do it for fun. Blocking is not just about the your ability to push off obviously. Your meaningless comparison of yourself to him aside, I also brought up vert and BJ because of that fact. I haven't brought up his 40 time even though it's pretty bad because I couldn't find his 10 yard split but his BJ is not impressive and his vert was well below average. No matter how you try and spin it, he showed below average athleticism at the combine. He was average to awful in each event he participated in even for a man his size.

And you certainly do a good job of dismissing everyone else's opinion and acting as if only yours could possibly be right. Ya know, because obviously watching a few YouTube clips qualifies you as an expert.

I'll just take the word of the dozens and dozens of coaches, scouts, and people who get paid to evaluate college football who all completely disagree with you and would more than likely laugh at your nonsensical evaluations. Keep stating your opinion as if its written in stone fact though, the self confidence of a YouTube scout is kind of admirable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
tm1119;5026379 said:
And you certainly do a good job of dismissing everyone else's opinion and acting as if only yours could possibly be right. Ya know, because obviously watching a few YouTube clips qualifies you as an expert.

I'll just take the word of the dozens and dozens of coaches, scouts, and people who get paid to evaluate college football who all completely disagree with you and would more than likely laugh at your nonsensical evaluations. Keep stating your opinion as if its written in stone fact though, the self confidence of a YouTube scout is kind of admirable.

I didn't dismiss his opinion. I said what he is saying doesn't disagree with anything that I am saying.

I dismiss things like the above because you seem incapable of coming up with an independent idea.

visionary

Reaction score
tm1119;5026379 said:

this has to be a stake in the heart of all current and former (and prospective) youtube scouts

pretty sure Fuzzy is a member of the personnel department of an NFL franchise and speaks from a depth of knowledge not found in lesser men

set him straight Fuzzy :)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
tm1119;5026379 said:

I don't know that any of the "dozens and dozens" who get paid to evaluate have actually weighed in. They do that on draft day. Unless you count web sites who don't get paid to evaluate players, they get paid to drive hits for advertisers.

I've talked to several people who are currently employed by the NFL and will say that not all are sold on Warmack's potential.

visionary

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5026550 said:
I don't know that any of the "dozens and dozens" who get paid to evaluate have actually weighed in. They do that on draft day. Unless you count web sites who don't get paid to evaluate players, they get paid to drive hits for advertisers.

I've talked to several people who are currently employed by the NFL and will say that not all are sold on Warmack's potential.

so, when they do weight in (i.e. the draft), are you saying warmack will not go in the top 20?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Still waiting on Burm's grades. This might take awhile.

I graded the rest of the players on Alabama while waiting and am much more impressed with Fluker than I thought I'd be. I'm starting to think he's the best guard prospect in this class. It's an art, not a science, projecting him inside but he seems like he has potential to be an above average guard at the next level.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5026880 said:
Still waiting on Burm's grades. This might take awhile.

I graded the rest of the players on Alabama while waiting and am much more impressed with Fluker than I thought I'd be. I'm starting to think he's the best guard prospect in this class. It's an art, not a science, projecting him inside but he seems like he has potential to be an above average guard at the next level.

Said this from Day 1. I thought he projected better to RG then to RT.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;5026882 said:
Said this from Day 1. I thought he projected better to RG then to RT.

I've always respected your opinions but I try not to be swayed without my own research.

I can say that if that was you who brought it up, my respect for you just went up again. After watching his videos then looking at his combine numbers, I really think he has a chance to be special as a guard but could make more money if someone projects him as a RT.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
C'mon Burm. Grading them isn't that time consuming. You keep touting your opinions of OL as gospel. Now's your chance to prove your genius.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5026245 said:

The fact you claim to only be able to find 4 games shows your general lack of ability to use the internet. It really isnt that hard. EVERY 2012 Alabama SEC game is available.

I don't know but perhaps try typing in alabama plus the opponent name and 2012 in a google search???

Here's the elusive Auburn game link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PXccv2goI

Took me about 8 seconds to find.

I am not going to bother going into some play by play beak down of 2 hour games when the person I am debating is making certifiably insane remarks.

Nice way of ignoring the Teo talk. And basically every other point to pretend I didn't refute you.

Mike Mayock gets paid to evaluate players. He does this for a living.
Yesterday NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock made some surprising statements concerning the NFL Draft and Alabama guard Chance Warmack.

“People will tell me I’m crazy, that a guard can’t go No. 1,” Mayock explained. “I think he’s the best player in the draft, so I would argue that.”

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5026550 said:

Right....

You got all the inside scoops baby..., you and Manti Teo's girlfriend.

Either name names or keep that nonsense to yourself.

People who work for websites have amazingly been getting NFL jobs in scouting departments lately. And if you run a website and want advertisers you better build a track record of proper evaluations. A couple terrible draft seasons and that site will be gone.

Russ Lande who was an actual scout and now runs the scouting for NFP has Warmack has his 2nd overall player. Mayock who is the lead scout for NFL.com ranks him 1st overall. Kiper has him 9th, McShay 3rd.

If you want to disagree that is completely your right but coming in here with weak nonsense from unnamed sources is pointless. Especially so while dismissing people who do publicly sign their name to these thoughts and make a living based upon this work alone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jterrell;5028068 said:
The fact you claim to only be able to find 4 games shows your general lack of ability to use the internet. It really isnt that hard. EVERY 2012 Alabama SEC game is available.

I don't know but perhaps try typing in alabama plus the opponent name and 2012 in a google search???

Here's the elusive Auburn game link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PXccv2goI

Took me about 8 seconds to find.

I am not going to bother going into some play by play beak down of 2 hour games when the person I am debating is making certifiably insane remarks.

Nice way of ignoring the Teo talk. And basically every other point to pretend I didn't refute you.

Mike Mayock gets paid to evaluate players. He does this for a living.
Yesterday NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock made some surprising statements concerning the NFL Draft and Alabama guard Chance Warmack.

“People will tell me I’m crazy, that a guard can’t go No. 1,” Mayock explained. “I think he’s the best player in the draft, so I would argue that.”

Cannot find anything and name dropping. You can call me insane. I will just say that you are all talk and rely on others to do your thinking for you.

I was looking for videos with just the AL offense. I don't want to sift through an entire telecast. You never did click my links. I watched 4 games against top competition ie the highest ranked games they played. If there is something in that Auburn game that is pertinent then sure but you're jsut replacing evidence with posture.

I didn't ignore the Teo stuff. I said Teo didn't move laterally but I have never had issue with him in a 3 yard box or running straight ahead.