Not Overly Impressed With Chance Warmack

IrishAnto

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5021053 said:
I heard that same garbage about DeCastro last year though and he was as good a technician and a better athlete. Like Warmack his power was not as good as advertised and he didn't even sniff the pro bowl.

This is the NCAA ie AAA talent and he is supposed to step up in the bigs and beat out Mankins and Iupati?

I don't get the DeCastro hate on this site!

How was he meant to "sniff the pro bowl" when he got injured in the preseason and only played in 3 games?

Come back in a couple of years and we'll see just how good or bad DeCastro is.

In addition Warmack doesn't have to beat out Mankins or Iupati to start for the Cowboys does he?

burmafrd

Reaction score
IrishAnto;5021777 said:

How was he meant to "sniff the pro bowl" when he got injured in the preseason and only played in 3 games?

In addition Warmack doesn't have to beat out Mankins or Iupati to start for the Cowboys does he?

Fun watching fuzzy pretty much get owned here

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I prefer Cooper simple as that... I was on the Wormack train earlier but the more I see Cooper the more I think he's Brian Waters.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Alright, my first post was with a few limited games that I watched and I probably should have just kept my mouth shut. I have gone back through a few more of his games recently thanks to my neighbor and I think the guy would make a great Dallas Cowboy. He isn't an ideal pulling guard and he is not pretty getting to the second level, but he keeps his area clean and man would he ever improve the run game dramatically.

On a side note, thanks to all of you guys for chipping in your info and opinions. Work and life have been crazy busy lately for me and I have not been able to do much of anything as far as checking all of these guys out this off-season. It's awesome to come in and get some quick info from you folks, so I thought I would tell you folks that I appreciate it!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
IrishAnto;5021777 said:

I was told that he would be making the probowl next year. Just plug and play. I get that DeCastro had circumstances he had to deal with beyond being hurt. He didn't crack the starting lineup before he got hurt. He was supposed to be pug and play.

My point is not so much to bash Warmack as it is to realize that even the highest rated talent is no sure thing.

He is a great zone block poa blocker. He works with his teammates very well and he knows his 'zones' to help create lanes in the second level. He destroys LB and S.

He is not a very good man blocker. He is not good pulling. And he is not good in pass protection.

I didn't say he was bad. I said he was limited. I don't hate him. I just don't see him as the best OL in years or automatic probowler etc.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5022506 said:
I was told that he would be making the probowl next year. Just plug and play. I get that DeCastro had circumstances he had to deal with beyond being hurt. He didn't crack the starting lineup before he got hurt. He was supposed to be pug and play.

My point is not so much to bash Warmack as it is to realize that even the highest rated talent is no sure thing.

He is a great zone block poa blocker. He works with his teammates very well and he knows his 'zones' to help create lanes in the second level. He destroys LB and S.

He is not a very good man blocker. He is not good pulling. And he is not good in pass protection.

I didn't say he was bad. I said he was limited. I don't hate him. I just don't see him as the best OL in years or automatic probowler etc.

Frankly if all the hype surrounding each and every draft actually came true, then we’d have 20-30 all pros every year.

DeCastro did start the three games at the end of the year and certainly didn’t disgrace himself, if fact if I remember correctly he played quite well against us.

As I said above, come back in a couple of years and we’ll better know just how good he is, not every great player hits the ground running. Just look at Randy White’s career.

As it stands Warmack would most likely be an upgrade over our current starting guards and I’m sure the Cowboys could do a lot worse than pick him in the 1st round.

Time will tell.

burmafrd

Reaction score
IrishAnto;5022559 said:
Frankly if all the hype surrounding each and every draft actually came true, then we’d have 20-30 all pros every year.

DeCastro did start the three games at the end of the year and certainly didn’t disgrace himself, if fact if I remember correctly he played quite well against us.

As I said above, come back in a couple of years and we’ll better know just how good he is, not every great player hits the ground running. Just look at Randy White’s career.

As it stands Warmack would most likely be an upgrade over our current starting guards and I’m sure the Cowboys could do a lot worse than pick him in the 1st round.

Time will tell.

some are desperately grabbbing for any excuse not to pick a OL high in the draft

dart

Reaction score
this today

Nick Saban on Warmack: “Chance has a unique skillset. He’s got really good size, he’s very powerful, he’s athletic, he’s got good feet, he can pass block and he can get movement in the run game. I think people that have his kind of balance and body control and the kind of athleticism that he has at his size are rare commodities

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Alabama/4fb2f9b4-918b-4c18-9f37-e4d038b6a312

TYO

I take scouts an Nicks take on him

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think the Rams are the only other contender for Warmarck,he will be there at 18 imo.

tm1119

Reaction score
dart;5022599 said:
this today

Nick Saban on Warmack: “Chance has a unique skillset. He’s got really good size, he’s very powerful, he’s athletic, he’s got good feet, he can pass block and he can get movement in the run game. I think people that have his kind of balance and body control and the kind of athleticism that he has at his size are rare commodities

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Alabama/4fb2f9b4-918b-4c18-9f37-e4d038b6a312

TYO

What!? No way! Clearly the guy who has 0 affiliation with the game of football who watched a few youtube clips knows more than everybody else. You don't know how these things work?

RS12

Reaction score
dart;5022599 said:
this today

TYO

Dont listen to Saban, plenty posting here have better credentials. Oh thats right, they dont. Sadly though, I dont think he will be the pick.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
burmafrd;5022580 said:
some are desperately grabbbing for any excuse not to pick a OL high in the draft

I would be fine with Cooper and several OT. Try again and thanks for playing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
RS12;5022651 said:
Dont listen to Saban, plenty posting here have better credentials. Oh thats right, they dont. Sadly though, I dont think he will be the pick.

:lmao2: I never said I have better credentials. I just said what I saw and tried to give specifics.

I am not talking to Saban. I am talking to you guys and I am mentioning specifics. You can find all kinds of scouts gushing about him. What I do not see are specific refutations. You guys rely on others to make your arguments for you.

Do you deny that he gave up sacks, QB hits, and regularly let himself be walked back in pass protection?

Can you show me the man blocking plays where he drives someone downfield a la a road grader schtick justification?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Joe Rod;5023379 said:
Well, I read it and now I really am wanting Barrett Jones more than ever. Any chance he falls to Dallas in the third?

I'm not sure he'll last to the 3rd.

We do have a history of picking injured players in the 2nd if we have a high enough grade on them.

If we didn't go OL in the first would you take a chance on him in the 2nd?

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
IrishAnto;5023384 said:
I'm not sure he'll last to the 3rd.

We do have a history of picking injured players in the 2nd if we have a high enough grade on them.

If we didn't go OL in the first would you take a chance on him in the 2nd?

Man, that is a good question. He really seems to fit that Jason Garrett mold: Team Captain, smart, respected, plays hard, plays hurt and, yes, injured, which seems to fit the second round billing of late.

Yeah, as we sit here now I would say I would probably pull the trigger.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Joe Rod;5023513 said:
Man, that is a good question. He really seems to fit that Jason Garrett mold: Team Captain, smart, respected, plays hard, plays hurt and, yes, injured, which seems to fit the second round billing of late.

Yeah, as we sit here now I would say I would probably pull the trigger.

It looks to have a Dallas 2nd round pick written all over it.

And I wouldn’t be disappointed if we picked him in the 2nd if we went defense in the 1st.