Video: Not Serious Team

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry has been waiting almost 30 years for someone to say he’s a genius with his “strategy” in regards to winning!!

Guess he’ll be waiting ANOTHER year for it…

Or maybe we don’t need anything. They’ll be able to go into the draft and get BPA if they don’t sign any FAs lol…and HOARDE the money of course. They LOVE a fat wad of cash
Jerry will be on the phone with the first round pick talking about what number they will wear.

That’s who runs this team.

And McClay is no draft guru. It’ll show up on the field by this season and let’s see where they go from there.

They had an open window for the last couple of years and decided to go a different way because they think they are smarter than everyone else for not investing in proven players.

They deserve what’s coming. We don’t.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Please be more specific before I decide whether you are a reasonable person.
  1. VH 1 is one of the greatest debut albums of all time
  2. Hendrix and Eddie are the only two rock guitarists who completely changed the electric guitar overnight are the two most influential rock guitarists of all time
  3. I love both the Roth and Hagar eras (Gary Cherone doesn’t count)
  4. Eddie’s songwriting improved when he started writing w Sammy
  5. I like Wolfgang’s sound and skills and he’s very smart to forge his own style when he could have just tried to sound like his dad
  6. I used to own a 5150 amp in the 90’s

Kwyn

Reaction score
  1. VH 1 is one of the greatest debut albums of all time
  2. Hendrix and Eddie are the only two rock guitarists who completely changed the electric guitar overnight are the two most influential rock guitarists of all time
  3. I love both the Roth and Hagar eras (Gary Cherone doesn’t count)
  4. Eddie’s songwriting improved when he started writing w Sammy
  5. I like Wolfgang’s sound and skills and he’s very smart to forge his own style when he could have just tried to sound like his dad
  6. I used to own a 5150 amp in the 90’s
I have to respect that dedication even though I am not a fan of any of the Hagar era stuff.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Detroit hasn’t won a title in 67 years. Great example.
Yet Detroit has played in an nfc championship game a few months ago while it has been well over 300 months since we played in one. So it is a great example.

washington and Dallas are the only nfc teams so inept that they haven’t played in the nfc championship game in 28 years and counting and even longer for wash but they can fire their gm.

LittleD

Reaction score

Nonsense. Jerry and Stephen are extremely serious about building the Cowboy brand and driving that 10billion franchise number to 20 billion. NFL football is all
business all the time.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yet Detroit has played in an nfc championship game a few months ago while it has been well over 300 months since we played in one. So it is a great example.

washington and Dallas are the only nfc teams so inept that they haven’t played in the nfc championship game in 28 years and counting and even longer for wash but they can fire their gm.
What trophy do you get for conference title appearances?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To give Tom ( the host) credit--- he has said repeatedly--after the GB embarrassment--- TO BLOW THIS UP. Trade Dak, fire MM and trade away Lamb/Parsons to load up on draft picks. He added that when you rebuild, build the trenches ( both sides ) and after that, THEN get your QB. Do NOT start your team with the QB first. Delay starting the clock on that QB until you get your foundation set --FIRST !
That's about my strategy. Build the rest of the team, particularly the trenches, while working hard to find/develop a QB on the cheap. Young running QBs are ideal. Their running gives them an extra dimension, which older QBs with tens of millions in cap overhang are too big a risk to indulge in.

Don't pay top free agent money to a QB unless and until you hit on a HOF talent.

If we had Lance under a long term deal for cheap, he'd be a good prospect. But no matter what, keep em coming. There are more quality QBs out there than ever get a chance to prove it. Get serious about finding and developing them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There’s no possible Dak trade. Never going to happen with his contract situation.

So yes, the guy in the OP is correct. Going into this season unwilling to commit to either your HC or QB while also not having any cap flexibility to actually improve the team is incredibly dumb. If you don’t trust them then just rip the band-aid off and start the rebuild. The plan seems to be to cross our fingers and hope a miracle happens this season
No team would give Dak a contract more attractive to Dak than spending the next year behind a bad oline putting bad tape out there for his next contract negotiation?
I think some team would.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Woo hoo! A conference title appearance! Woooow.
You do realize that if Fat Mike and Dak had made the NFCCG last season, both would have like 10 year extensions right now.

And the path was literally laid out to them like a yellow brick road, two home games, and they still screwed the pooch.

They are never going to have it that easy again, that is why most likely this season will be the last for both of them.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And if we don’t, so what?
Well if you dont care if the team wins or losses, good for you...............just keep in mind that 99% of the fans here dont roll like that.

Most fans want their team to win, they are not into participation trophies....................but you do you, if you dont care if your favorite team wins or losses and you just love the sport itself, congrats.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Every indication is Son doesn’t have the same need to be face of the franchise nor a celebrity football guy.

And assuming he’ll share ownership equally with his two siblings will be held accountable by them.

I expect him to assume the Pres position and hire GM who they can hold feet to the fire. Stephen will still oversee football operations.

This doesn’t mean it will be better but at least more normal.
That dynamic is already in place without the titles.

Will McClay is the GM and Stephen has been taking on the bulk of the ownership role for at least 3 years now. I wouldn't expect things to be much different than they are right now when Jerry passes.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
You do realize that if Fat Mike and Dak had made the NFCCG last season, both would have like 10 year extensions right now.

And the path was literally laid out to them like a yellow brick road, two home games, and they still screwed the pooch.

They are never going to have it that easy again, that is why most likely this season will be the last for both of them.
If it is, it is. I’m not going to expend my emotional energy worrying about it.