Video: Not Serious Team

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Well if you dont care if the team wins or losses, good for you...............just keep in mind that 99% of the fans here dont roll like that.

Most fans want their team to win, they are not into participation trophies....................but you do you, if you dont care if your favorite team wins or losses and you just love the sport itself, congrats.
I like it when they win. I’d much prefer it if they do. But if they don’t my life most likely won’t end. There’s another season, hopefully.

Slick

Reaction score
The fan base including the blowhard in the video think you have to move on from Dak to show the Cowboys are serious about winning. How is moving on from a QB who won 12 games and was statistically better than any QB in the league last season AND who came in second for MVP going to make the Cowboys a better team? Unless you can replace Dak with a better QB, we’re not going to get better. Chances are we’ll get worse because who can the Cowboys get to QB the team in 2024 that’s as good or better than Dak AND who will sign at a reasonable price? Good luck with anyone coming up with a good answer for those questions. :thumbup: If you can’t come up with an intelligent response don’t bother responding.
You realize he only beats losing teams, right?

Stats against winning teams matter, and let’s not bring up his complete lack of post season performance in games that actually matter.

Slick

Reaction score
Total BS. The Cowboys win a lot. Just have playoff woes. People way overstate the case. Andy Jerry wants to win more than any fan. He just doesn’t know how.

I never will understand those who question Jerry’s desire to win simply because the team fails in the playoffs. You think the Lions owners don’t care about winning? Every NFL owner wants to win. And every year, 31 owners fail.

Does it mean they don’t care? This is such lazy and self-entitled BS from fans.
If he really wanted to win, he’d step aside and let a real GM run this team. Stop drinking his kool aid.

Sydla

Reaction score
Total BS. The Cowboys win a lot. Just have playoff woes. People way overstate the case. Andy Jerry wants to win more than any fan. He just doesn’t know how.

I never will understand those who question Jerry’s desire to win simply because the team fails in the playoffs. You think the Lions owners don’t care about winning? Every NFL owner wants to win. And every year, 31 owners fail.

Does it mean they don’t care? This is such lazy and self-entitled BS from fans.
It's not that I don't think Jerry wants to win. Obviously he'd prefer to win SBs than not win SBs.

The problem is that he has to win his way. He has to be calling the shots. He needs all the glory and praise for building that SB team. He can't have a situation where someone else gets the credit.

So in that sense, given he's seen 28 years of utter postseason failure on his watch, I can see why some fans think he's not really serious about winning. If he was, he'd have made major changes a long time ago. And yet, he has not and continues to do things that haven't won him squat. So it begs the question, is winning important or is it really winning HIS WAY that is most important?

Although party of me does wonder if at this point in his life, he's also just wanting to have fun. Like how many feel when fantasy football starts and you have a draft, etc. Does he just derive that much pleasure at this point from being the personnel guy and that at this point, that's worth more to him than actually winning a SB at this point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You realize he only beats losing teams, right?

Stats against winning teams matter, and let’s not bring up his complete lack of post season performance in games that actually matter.
I realize we’ve won 4 division titles with him, the most since Aikman was our QB and we’ve made the playoffs three straight seasons, which are the most since Aikman. I realize he has the best regular season winning percentage of any QB we’ve had since Aikman. I also realize that if we end up with a QB that’s just a notch below him we’ll struggle to make the playoffs. You’re one of those who seems to think all the Cowboys need to do to get over the hump in the playoffs is replace him and BINGO! If you think it’s going to be that easy to win with another QB, especially one that’s not as good as Dak, with the coaching, defensive and running game issues we always have in the playoffs you’ll be sadly mistaken.

Slick

Reaction score
I realize we’ve won 4 division titles with him, the most since Aikman was our QB and we’ve made the playoffs three straight seasons, which are the most since Aikman. I realize he has the best regular season winning percentage of any QB we’ve had since Aikman. I also realize that if we end up with a QB that’s just a notch below him we’ll struggle to make the playoffs. You’re one of those who seems to think all the Cowboys need to do to get over the hump in the playoffs is replace him and BINGO! If you think it’s going to be that easy to win with another QB, especially one that’s not as good as Dak, with the coaching, defensive and running game issues we always have in the playoffs you’ll be sadly mistaken.
4 division wins when the East was a shadow of old self back in the day. He ran up winning numbers against the weakest division teams in the NFL twice a year. He’s hit his ceiling long ago. They should have kept Dalton for 25% less at the time, and blew up the team back then like I stated. They’d have had 4 yrs to rebuild properly and get players that have heart unlike these prima donnas they have today.

He’s still part of the problem and needs to go. They need a defense and both lines before wasting time on a QB. Keeping him for anything above $25M is overpaying him money that needs to go elsewhere.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
4 division wins when the East was a shadow of old self back in the day. He ran up winning numbers against the weakest division teams in the NFL twice a year. He’s hit his ceiling long ago. They should have kept Dalton for 25% less at the time, and blew up the team back then like I stated. They’d have had 4 yrs to rebuild properly and get players that have heart unlike these prima donnas they have today.

He’s still part of the problem and needs to go. They need a defense and both lines before wasting time on a QB. Keeping him for anything above $25M is overpaying him money that needs to go elsewhere.
Since 2017 Philly has reached the SB twice, winning once. In 2022 the Cowboys, Giants and Philly made the playoffs. Some of you look for anything and everything to knock what Dak has accomplished because of our postseason failures. You have to be the only one who would have rather kept Andy Dalton over Dak. :rolleyes: We ended up 6-5 with him. You’re just part of the anyone but Dak crowd. The Cowboys wouldn’t get far even with a solid defense and OL without a viable QB. You can’t just stick a low priced castoff in the lineup who’s more suited to be a backup than a starter and expect to compete for a championship.

We’re seeing the same problems with the Cowboys that we saw when Romo was here. What’s holding us back most in the playoffs is the defense. It’s been an ongoing problem in postseason for the past 2+ decades. Penalties have also been a huge problem along with an inconsistent running game. No QB will get the team over the hump until those problems are fixed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They need a defense and both lines before wasting time on a QB. Keeping him for anything above $25M is overpaying him money that needs to go elsewhere.
Wasting time on a QB? That shows just how little you understand the game. Everything starts with the QB and you build around them.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
The fan base including the blowhard in the video think you have to move on from Dak to show the Cowboys are serious about winning. How is moving on from a QB who won 12 games and was statistically better than any QB in the league last season AND who came in second for MVP going to make the Cowboys a better team? Unless you can replace Dak with a better QB, we’re not going to get better. Chances are we’ll get worse because who can the Cowboys get to QB the team in 2024 that’s as good or better than Dak AND who will sign at a reasonable price? Good luck with anyone coming up with a good answer for those questions. :thumbup: If you can’t come up with an intelligent response don’t bother responding.
You can't replace Dak and I'm ready for these soft Cowboys fans to see that. Dak to Minnesota would be perfect. They improve and we get stuck on a QB carousel for the foreseeable future. Teach these fans a lesson if I'm Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can't replace Dak and I'm ready for these soft Cowboys fans to see that. Dak to Minnesota would be perfect. They improve and we get stuck on a QB carousel for the foreseeable future. Teach these fans a lesson if I'm Dak.
Dak to Minnesota, improving them and leaving us with nothing shows just how ridiculous this fan base is.

Slick

Reaction score
Wasting time on a QB? That shows just how little you understand the game. Everything starts with the QB and you build around them.
Not if he’s running for his life every down.