Not so fast on the Mccarthy love

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Don't listen to the media Cowboy Nation! They want to enrage the fan base and make us forget that we have a Superbowl winning coach that has been to the top of the mountain.

We are the loudest fan base in the nation. Even if McCarthy doesn't listen to the media he will hear Cowboys fans if we become the puppet to the media's strings.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
True, but you could also prop up a dead body on the sideline and it would have done a better job than Garrett.
The walking dead "NFL Coaches Touchline Edition" featuring a claping zombie dragging his playbook etc etc.
Starring zombie owner JJ <---- No make-up was applied to this owners face.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
MM is a happy mess. I will say one thing. He has the locker room right. That's a BIG plus.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not confident that Mccarthy is that guy yet. If I remember right, JG once went 5-1 with a rookie dak.

What will change my mind? A nfccg birth. I don't want to settle for playoffs or 8-8 anymore. I want to taste success once again.

Who here is with me?
I'm not with you. I'm all in on McCarthy and have faith we will compete for the NFCC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I haven’t read where anyone is disputing this is a very good team. And applaud the coaching efforts .

But that doesn’t mean some criticism or questions can’t still be applied.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I gave Garrett 6 years before I wanted him gone. Not going to rail on MM but also won’t give him that long to produce results either, especially if he continues making blatant time management mistakes.

That said, if we flame out in playoffs, I wonder if Jerry moves on so he doesn’t lose Moore thinking he is missing the next Sean Payton.
And if we flame out especially if it’s a time Mgmt or 4th down debacle , that could provide Jethro his exit plan to promote Moore.

Without these two areas of criticism on McCarthy there would be little or nothing to critique him on.

I’m not sure what’s driving him on these analytical and risky 4th down decisions . He had no history of this in Green Bay.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I haven’t read where anyone is disputing this is a very good team. And applaud the coaching efforts .

I agree, I think McCarthy has done a good job having his team ready to play and some things he has done during the game I agree with and some I have not. As a fan I there were times I question a play call by Landry, there were time I questioned Jimmy on things as you said nothing wrong with it but often what we see here are constant negatives with no credit given even when winning.

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
We'd be 6-0 and the one score wins against the Panthers, Pats, and Chargers would have been 14 point wins with a better head coach.
Really wish MM could have kicked those 2 missed fg's by Greg the Leg that cost us that game...*SARCASM*

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not confident that Mccarthy is that guy yet. If I remember right, JG once went 5-1 with a rookie dak.

What will change my mind? A nfccg birth. I don't want to settle for playoffs or 8-8 anymore. I want to taste success once again.

Who here is with me?
I'm with you....we should be excited and hopeful...but if we...from dak to km to mm want to be elite...this needs sustained through the season and into playoffs.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy....the horse stays in front of the cart. The chickens will be counted when hatched.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Another McCarthy post, these are starting to get old. But to comment, this team hasn't been this focused and disciplined in a very long time. Great sign of a great culture. Yet, of course, someone will always complain. It's easy to complain, takes no effort.

Disciplined as in 12 penalties and not getting out of their own way in the first half of games?

This "MM is 5-1, he must be a great coach" crap is kinda silly.

1) screwed the pooch with the Nolan hire- he had a whole year to figure out who should be his DC
2) Many questionable decisions at end of halves and games - many!
3) Did not get Gregory on the field last year like he should have been
4) Poor time management
5) Did not have a kicker ready game 1 - should have had another in camp - cost us the game!

The defensive credit I think goes to Quinn and Diggs and Gregory who have changed the culture on that side of the ball- possibly some Parsons

Dak and Moore get the credit for the offense. Zeke cleaned up his act and fixed the focus problem he had last year. Oline got healthy

Without any evidence, people are saying MM is responsible for the winning culture - that is just a feeling at this point.

So far he has not done anything that Garrett had not accomplished a few seasons.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Same posters whining about McCarthy were probably the same ones banging on the table for Urban Meyer to come here. lol

Incredible to me that some of you can't just enjoy the season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Thanks for repeating this important message a billion times. Your criticism can also be criticized.
This is a much better coached team than recent past, enjoy it because it's been decades. For some reason I don't think you want joy.

Mannix

Reaction score
I'd have rather had Andrew McCarthy....he wore cool sport coats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thanks for repeating this important message a billion times. Your criticism can also be criticized.
This is a much better coached team than recent past, enjoy it because it's been decades. For some reason I don't think you want joy.
That’s a poor perception . I offered criticism on certain aspects going back to the Landry era.

I’m not sure why we can’t enjoy while offering some critique? There’s a time to cheer and a time to analyze.

If you want to stand on the sidelines and just cheer us on , fine .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That’s a poor perception . I offered criticism on certain aspects going back to the Landry era.

I’m not sure why we can’t enjoy while offering some critique? There’s a time to cheer and a time to analyze.

If you want to stand on the sidelines and just cheer us on , fine .
Lol, perception lessons now? Hahaha

SackMaster

Reaction score
I’m fine with ya know, just seeing how things play out.
Exactly.

Hey, if we are 1-and-Done in the playoffs, I think the vast majority of fans will understand if MM is fired. Especially with this team.

But if we get to the NFCCG or dare I say, SB, then those that are calling for MM head already should understand why he is retained, if he is retained.

MM fate should ONLY be tied to what this team does in the playoffs.
If KM wants to leave a NFCCG / SB team (if we get that far) with one of the best offenses in the NFL, oh well, bye Felicia. I'm sticking the HC that got us there.

JMHO

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol, perception lessons now? Hahaha
There’s all types of fans . We have analyst , cheerleaders, critics, cynics, skeptics, etc.

If you want to sit back and cheer the entire time. Fine. If you want to question and critique every play. Fine.

If the criticism wanes on you why would you bother chiming in. Start a silver lining thread .

Some fans come off like they just want everyone to be a fan as they are. They obviously haven’t attended many games cause there are many of our own fans we wouldn’t want to sit by for various reasons . We all conduct our fandom in somewhat different ways.

Gravitate to those who you are more aligned with. Unless you’re just looking for the confrontation to elevate yourself because a more eternal optimistic fan. That’s great for you but it doesn’t work for everyone.

Otherwise it comes off like your just defending everything under the Star. Which isn’t necessary on a Cowboys fan forum assuming we are all Cowboy fans . That rhetoric might be more appropriate if we are contending with other NFL fans.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There’s all types of fans . We have analyst , cheerleaders, critics, cynics, skeptics, etc.

If you want to sit back and cheer the entire time. Fine. If you want to question and critique every play. Fine.

If the criticism wanes on you why would you bother chiming in. Start a silver lining thread .

Some fans come off like they just want everyone to be a fan as they are. They obviously haven’t attended many games cause there are many of our own fans we wouldn’t want to sit by for various reasons . We all conduct our fandom in somewhat different ways.

Gravitate to those who you are more aligned with. Unless you’re just looking for the confrontation to elevate yourself because a more eternal optimistic fan. That’s great for you but it doesn’t work for everyone.

Otherwise it comes off like your just defending everything under the Star. Which isn’t necessary on a Cowboys fan forum assuming we are all Cowboy fans . That rhetoric might be more appropriate if we are contending with other NFL fans.
Is that you Tony Robbins?