Nothing “free” in free agency

Doomsday101

Reaction score
has anyone hoisted the lombardi screaming "we re the youngest team" why do our fans tout that like its a path to the SB? trust me, its not.

No and considering the odds for all team are pretty long heading into any season making it to the SB and it is never a given to expect it. All I can say is this current team since Dak and Zeke have taken over have made post season 2 out of the last 3 season and as a fan all I can do is hope they can continue to grow and help this team over the hump. I'm not settling for anything, I'm a fan that is it, I can back and support this team or not and that is my choice. Acting as if you are the only one who wants a SB is a joke we all want one some of us are grown up enough to not demonize any and every thing this team does. I don't agree with every move yet there are some I firmly believe in. Seems your interest is more about finding any and every thing to rail about. Good luck with it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
i think we see the same goal, not the same path.

and who is to say your path it right one. You think your view in how to get it done is the only one? LOL I like what they have been doing in recent years with McClay on board I like the drafts we have put together and I like that they are not looking to build a team through FA. I do think a team is built with the draft and using mid level FA to help fill in gaps. My biggest problem is Dallas going easy on stupid players who can't stay clean. If it were my call they would be not be given 3nd and 4th chances they would be out the door. I think having guys like Gregory constantly setting us back because we now have to once again address the same position hurts this team and yes I put that on the front office.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sounds great in principle, but where are the results?

tenor.gif

The team's been getting winning records, winning its division, and going to the playoffs, and even winning in the playoffs. That's a lot better than the numerous 5 and 11 and 8 and 8 seasons we suffered through. It's not the ultimate goal, true, but the team is being smarter than it was back then Jerry overpaid for aging stars and made trades like the Joey Galloway one.

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry wanted Dez here but the entire Front Office voted no when the Dez said he wouldn't take a paycut. Old Jerry would have kept him anyway, semi-retired Jerry went with the FO decision.
Any thing to back up your claim? You may believe that, but that doesn't make it so.

EST_1986

Reaction score
So whats your plan to improve the team? Just sit back and hope we magically improve our weaknesses?

How can you praise a FO that hasn't reached a semi final in 25 years?
its a 15 year process

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Any thing to back up your claim? You may believe that, but that doesn't make it so.

Dez seems as if he has no ill feeling towards Jerry, his comments after being released was at Garrett and as he said some of Garrett guys (players)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Of course but then Parcells has said the same thing. Jerry listens to those he has hired to do the job. When there was a debate about taking Ware or Spears, Jerry made the final call. Parcells was pushing for Spears and Ireland was pushing for Ware in the end we got them both but Ware was the 1st pick. It was not Jerry scouting them it was Ireland and Parcells but it was Jerry final call.
I wonder how often that happens.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wonder how often that happens.

I think Jerry leans on head of scouting quite a bit dating back to Lacewell whom many seem to forget was brought in to Dallas by Jimmy Johnson. What give me much hope these days is seeing the job being done by McClay, I think he has done a very good job in terms of talent evaluation and for the most part Cowboys have gone with his input.

Brax

Reaction score
Dez seems as if he has no ill feeling towards Jerry, his comments after being released was at Garrett and as he said some of Garrett guys (players)
I agree with what you are saying, almost same situation with TO but Jerry made the call for Dez as well as TO. Jerry is the final say good , bad or indifferent . Jerry is the FO final say and both are gone.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
and who is to say your path it right one. You think your view in how to get it done is the only one? LOL I like what they have been doing in recent years with McClay on board I like the drafts we have put together and I like that they are not looking to build a team through FA. I do think a team is built with the draft and using mid level FA to help fill in gaps. My biggest problem is Dallas going easy on stupid players who can't stay clean. If it were my call they would be not be given 3nd and 4th chances they would be out the door. I think having guys like Gregory constantly setting us back because we now have to once again address the same position hurts this team and yes I put that on the front office.

thats where we part. you are for keeping the hc, i was for replacing him last year when the timig was much better. the talent isnt te problem. we can survive that, we cant survive our FO, the gm is bad, the fa take is bad, the allowing this coach to keep at it is bad, keepig the ST coach alone should have him fired. that ST coach is bad.

i want to start at te top, new GM, fire Stephen, and get football guys or ladies, at this point, not a PC move, but there are even more capable women out there. again, NOT for PC purpose. but you gotta respect the talent out there ad Stephen isnt going to do it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying, almost same situation with TO but Jerry made the call for Dez as well as TO. Jerry is the final say good , bad or indifferent . Jerry is the FO final say and both are gone.

Of course he has the final say, he had handed over a bi increase to TO the year before releasing him and had a very close relationship with Dez and to this day Dez seems to talk highly of Jerry. The people Dez was upset with was Garrett and as he said Garrett guys like Witten. For me I don't hate Dez never have but what I saw was a WR making top dollar yet not playing that standard towards the end. I think he at times allows his emotions to get the better of him and it effects his play on the field, quite opposite of a guy like Irving who was also emotional but his emotions seemed to motivate him and others around him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thats where we part. you are for keeping the hc, i was for replacing him last year when the timig was much better. the talent isnt te problem. we can survive that, we cant survive our FO, the gm is bad, the fa take is bad, the allowing this coach to keep at it is bad, keepig the ST coach alone should have him fired. that ST coach is bad.

i want to start at te top, new GM, fire Stephen, and get football guys or ladies, at this point, not a PC move, but there are even more capable women out there. again, NOT for PC purpose. but you gotta respect the talent out there ad Stephen isnt going to do it

I have said many times if he is fired tomorrow I will not shed a tear, he has been given the time and has yet to get it done. Since I have no say I can support him and hope he gets this team over the hump, unlike you I have no personal issue with Garrett and see positives with him as well as negatives. As for Jones there are things I like and things that I don't like and when the time comes I don't like anything about them then I will stop watching. I'm going to sit here and say they must do things I want or I will throw a hissy fit, I'm a grown man if I hate them that much then again I would not bother to watch or support their team.