Nothing to be positive about

jnday

Reaction score
No. There are TONS of miserable people out there. I’m just not one of them. Things could always be worse.
How? If things was worse, we could be looking forward to a losing season that would result in high draft picks. They will win just enough games to miss out on the elite draft prospects. Dallas has put the fans in purgatory.

Mannix

Reaction score
You are a perfect example of why I absolutely abhor certain Cowboys fans. On the other hand, it pleases me to hear the last two weeks gutted you. You should be gutted, you worthless piece of crap! Just saying. ;)

You feel better? I'd have respect for you, had you detailed exactly what it was you abhor about me and my post.

jnday

Reaction score
To the OP, you are definitely not alone in your thoughts. But let's face it. You are a typical fan, lured by the hype of sports pundits who pretend to know the first thing about any of the FAs. Us fans have the luxury of looking at players the same way kids look at toys. Somebody else pays for it, someone else have to figure out whether X, Y or Z free agent is a good fit for their team. We get to just look at names and lists and pretend that we know anything about what it takes to run a team. Sure blames the Joneses for being among the worst for making football decisions. But there isn't a single CZ member that would be capable of running the Dallas Cowboys organization. NOT ONE MEMBER!
You could buy a couple draft magazines and do a better job than dumb and dumber. Risen could work as a part-time GM, working four hours a day, and field a team that’s better than anything that the Jones family has put together since Jimmy left. I bet Risen wouldn’t have secret children coming out of the woodwork that becomes a big distraction .

jnday

Reaction score
One positive thing- Jerry won't live forever and each offseason beings us one year closer to a real gm
It brings you one year closer to having the biggest , cheapskate doofus take over because his dad bought the team. Stephen will be ten times worse than Jerry. Can’t you see the difference he has made these last few years? The Cowboys haven’t made a competitive offer to a good free agent in several years. That’s what Stephen brings to the table.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?

Why did Mannix always get a parking spot in front of buildings?
Next year will not be a disaster.
It will be a mediocre 9-8 or 10-7 season. Yay, chums, we have turned the corner! What can possibly go wrong? Year 27?

:angry:
And, buster, if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door I'd rock me pleather pimp look, yo Jerry and Kimberlee! Par tay!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It brings you one year closer to having the biggest , cheapskate doofus take over because his dad bought the team. Stephen will be ten times worse than Jerry. Can’t you see the difference he has made these last few years? The Cowboys haven’t made a competitive offer to a good free agent in several years. That’s what Stephen brings to the table.

I don't agree, rough lad, that Stephen will be worse.
Blimey, Limey! Stephen won't dote on players and head cases as much as Jerry, and Stephen's heart is smaller than his brain (you know what I mean, ruffians)
Otherwise, well done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?

One reason I'm much more into being a furry (albeit, I added a lotta Cowboys things to my character) and similar activities.

vicjagger

Reaction score
I absolutely disagree. 100%

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
To the OP, you are definitely not alone in your thoughts. But let's face it. You are a typical fan, lured by the hype of sports pundits who pretend to know the first thing about any of the FAs. Us fans have the luxury of looking at players the same way kids look at toys. Somebody else pays for it, someone else have to figure out whether X, Y or Z free agent is a good fit for their team. We get to just look at names and lists and pretend that we know anything about what it takes to run a team. Sure blames the Joneses for being among the worst for making football decisions. But there isn't a single CZ member that would be capable of running the Dallas Cowboys organization. NOT ONE MEMBER!

NOT TRUE.

Robert Kraft never knew how to run an NFL football organization when he bought the team. He came from the business world, but he was smart enough to know it and surrounded himself with football people at every level. Jerry has always thought he knew how to run the football side and he still gets in his own way and has over the years taught his son how to do it because of course, his ego dictates he (they) get all the credit.

There are a lot CZ posters who if they were billionaires I'm sure would have the self awareness, common sense and maturity to hire the best possible people they could.

As the owner, that's your job. It's not rocket science.

starfan1

Reaction score
That's like being the prettiest pig in the pigpen. I want out of the pigpen and in the winners circle.
You may want to follow another team then cause until ole Jerry kicks the bucket it isn’t happening here without some luck

heck Steven may be worse if that’s possible. I’ll root for them on Sunday and let it go Sunday night it’s just not that serious

I’ve resided myself that at my age unless we have another 1990 moment or 89 whichever it was and someone else buys the cowboys it’s unlikely to happen

so I enjoy the highs and not get down on the lows and watch the clown show screw up the players. Poor Micah

plasticman

Reaction score
This is way better than the Campo era and three consecutive 5-11 seasons.

This team went from 6-10 to 12-5 so I would say they are trending in the right direction.
\
Will they get better or worse? that's the question.

I mean, what did the Cowboys lose?

Two of the top ten penalized players in the NFL last season in Williams and Collins.

Also, 80% of Gregory's "impressive" stats happened during a four game period early in the season. Other than that, he was hardly noticeable.

If anyone believes that losing Williams and Collins detriment the offensive line and offense in general, consider the 24 times they combined to potentially kill a drive. Also consider Collins's 23 missed games over the past two seasons as a result of his personal actions or lack thereof.

They lost a WR that was very good but not nearly worth the value of his contract because the more important the game, the more he disappeared. This was Cooper. They are now using that money to sign players.

they lost another WR that was always going to be the fourth or fifth option when he was on the field. I like Cedrick but his shoes will be easily filled.

\What do you get when you sign a high profile veteran to a large contract? You get a financially satisfied player that is handed a starting job without competing and who has already played their best football.....and it's all based on past accomplishments, different team, different coaching, different circumstances and different system

I prefer the one year "show me" contracts. This team doesn't need any more "stars". They just need the "stars" they already have to play better in big games.

The defensive draft of last year is composed of players who are now entering their 2nd season in which typically, the greatest improvement are seen. Parsons, Osi, Joseph, Cox, Golston, Bohanna, Wright should make an even greater impact than they did last season. Then you can add Diggs and Gallimore from the previous draft and that makes for a young, still improving, defense with great upside and potential.

The running game will get more Pollard and Zeke will be much healthier than he was in 2021, I think we will see a man possessed in 2022

The subtraction of Cooper's average of 4 receptions over 17 games can be easily absorbed by Lamb, Gallup, Washington, and others. without having to compete with Cooper for touches, this next season could put Lamb at the next level. I don't think the Cowboys have even scratched the surface when it comes to Lamb.

As far as special teams, Anger is resigned and the Cowboys will get a better kicker, difficult to do otherwise.

Consistency.....same coordinators is huge when it comes to teams improving.

There is room for at least guarded optimism. This team is not destitute from a talent perspective.

And don't forget, the Cowboys scouting department have been lobbing them over the fence in recent seasons. Could they find another future All Pro or even two in this year's draft?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is way better than the Campo era and three consecutive 5-11 seasons.

This team went from 6-10 to 12-5 so I would say they are trending in the right direction.
\
Will they get better or worse? that's the question.

I mean, what did the Cowboys lose?

Two of the top ten penalized players in the NFL last season in Williams and Collins.

Also, 80% of Gregory's "impressive" stats happened during a four game period early in the season. Other than that, he was hardly noticeable.

If anyone believes that losing Williams and Collins detriment the offensive line and offense in general, consider the 24 times they combined to potentially kill a drive. Also consider Collins's 23 missed games over the past two seasons as a result of his personal actions or lack thereof.

They lost a WR that was very good but not nearly worth the value of his contract because the more important the game, the more he disappeared. This was Cooper. They are now using that money to sign players.

they lost another WR that was always going to be the fourth or fifth option when he was on the field. I like Cedrick but his shoes will be easily filled.

\What do you get when you sign a high profile veteran to a large contract? You get a financially satisfied player that is handed a starting job without competing and who has already played their best football.....and it's all based on past accomplishments, different team, different coaching, different circumstances and different system

I prefer the one year "show me" contracts. This team doesn't need any more "stars". They just need the "stars" they already have to play better in big games.

The defensive draft of last year is composed of players who are now entering their 2nd season in which typically, the greatest improvement are seen. Parsons, Osi, Joseph, Cox, Golston, Bohanna, Wright should make an even greater impact than they did last season. Then you can add Diggs and Gallimore from the previous draft and that makes for a young, still improving, defense with great upside and potential.

The running game will get more Pollard and Zeke will be much healthier than he was in 2021, I think we will see a man possessed in 2022

The subtraction of Cooper's average of 4 receptions over 17 games can be easily absorbed by Lamb, Gallup, Washington, and others. without having to compete with Cooper for touches, this next season could put Lamb at the next level. I don't think the Cowboys have even scratched the surface when it comes to Lamb.

As far as special teams, Anger is resigned and the Cowboys will get a better kicker, difficult to do otherwise.

Consistency.....same coordinators is huge when it comes to teams improving.

There is room for at least guarded optimism. This team is not destitute from a talent perspective.

And don't forget, the Cowboys scouting department have been lobbing them over the fence in recent seasons. Could they find another future All Pro or even two in this year's draft?

THis is true. I just hope they cut down on the penalties and block better. We need oline.