Now is the time to began the SB Hype for Cowboys

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I had one foot on the dock and one foot on the ship. EXTREMELY uncomfortable!

:laugh:

In all seriousness...I wonder who gets to decide?... who decides who are the rats and who are the mates? That line has always been mysteriously fluid depending on agenda and meanness of the accuser.
Rockport decides who the rats are, he is the Captain of his little boat.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had one foot on the dock and one foot on the ship. EXTREMELY uncomfortable!

:laugh:

In all seriousness...I wonder who gets to decide who decides who are the rats and who are the mates? That line has always been mysteriously fluid depending on agenda and meanness of the accuser.
Each fan will need to decide for themselves I guess. :laugh:

I don't really care. If we are winning, and those that weren't as positive now are more positive. That is fine.
But I also know if it all goes bad. It will be back to where it was after the SF loss. It is the nature of the fandom world.

I am enjoying the season as it unfolds. Also as I said, it is not impossible to win the division, or even get HFA, but improbable as well.
We need to win out, which is a tall order, and need SF & Philly to drop a game. But right now, winning the division and getting 2nd seed will be successful in itself.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I’ve been waving warning flags most of the season to pump the brakes on all of the SB hype. At least until we beat a legit SB contender.

The time has arrived. Not only did we beat the defending NFC Champion but they had best record in NFL. And we did in dominating fashion as we had some lesser teams which had been the support for the what I had defined as premature SB Hype.

Let the talk commence . We finally have a good offense and defense which can take on the more proven SB contenders . And while we need some help to win division and a playoff game at home , we definitely have the potential to make some noise in the playoffs .

I still consider SF to be the best team not only in NFC but NFL. Looks like the NFC is going to go thru them . That’s fine . We are still a team that should be a tough out for anyone . Bring it on!!
LoL. I'll wait til the NFCCG. This doesn't take anything away from that great win though. They came, saw and delivered. They are for real.

But as far as I'm concerned those two last post seasons can only be erased by a good post season this time. I like the odds though. :)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’ve been waving warning flags most of the season to pump the brakes on all of the SB hype. At least until we beat a legit SB contender.

The time has arrived. Not only did we beat the defending NFC Champion but they had best record in NFL. And we did in dominating fashion as we had some lesser teams which had been the support for the what I had defined as premature SB Hype.

Let the talk commence . We finally have a good offense and defense which can take on the more proven SB contenders . And while we need some help to win division and a playoff game at home , we definitely have the potential to make some noise in the playoffs .

I still consider SF to be the best team not only in NFC but NFL. Looks like the NFC is going to go thru them . That’s fine . We are still a team that should be a tough out for anyone . Bring it on!!
OH NO !!!!!!!!!!
Diehard is eating the cheese !
We are doomed !
:muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What would the hype be for exactly? Style points? Because they haven't done anything else that's any different. The way they are winning is different. Who they are beating and where isn't. Not yet. Go on the road and beat the Bills and Dolphins and then you are worthy of real hype.
Yep

Like I said this is the time to begin the Hype. And those type of wins on the road will only add to it and build it. And kisses could take away. It goes both ways .

But we can mark this win as that signature to build on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LoL. I'll wait til the NFCCG. This doesn't take anything away from that great win though. They came, saw and delivered. They are for real.

But as far as I'm concerned those two last post seasons can only be erased by a good post season this time. I like the odds though. :)
I understand the hesitation. But if you wait too long then then there’s no hype left. It’s after the fact .

Hardline

Reaction score
The only time that Super Bowl hype should begin is when the game clock goes to all zeros in the NFC championship game and the Cowboys have more points on the board.
27 years of failure in the playoffs will get no hype from me. Early hype is for the pom pom wavers like Rockport.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OH NO !!!!!!!!!!
Diehard is eating the cheese !
We are doomed !
:muttley:
No, just saying this was a signature win. And a time to begin the hype . Begin being key word. It can still turn .

And if you have to wait until after the fact then you never had any insight or instincts it could meet the hype.

This win was finally some evidence we could meet the hype .

stuckindc

Reaction score
We need to focus on beating the Bills. That’s it. It’s all we can control. Let the hype go to other teams.

BigD5

Reaction score

Worry about the Bills

Put away this RAT POISON

fivetwos

Reaction score
Obviously the 2 seed is better than the 5 for a possible second home game, but I wonder if a trip to Allanta or Tampa in the 5/4 game isn’t an easier game than hosting a team like Seattle in the 7/2 matchup.

Reaction score

Now is the time to began the SB Hype for Cowboys? No​

I was critical last week saying the Cowboys had not beaten a single team who currently had a winning record. They now have but that is not enough to say they are truly Super Bowl contenders. The 49ers seem be the best team in football and will likely have home field advantage. It is unlikely that the Cowboys will even win their division. So they will need to be on the road 3 Straight weeks. Possibly flipping East and West each week..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And both of you were rats doing summersaults off the Cowboys ship earlier in the year.
Damn right! I won't stay on a ship when it stinks, that is for you. Now, that the deck seems to be getting swabbed, I have the right to climb back on. So get to mopping!

ChrisL97

Reaction score
We need a few things to go right for us to beat SF. That team has no weaknesses.