Now is the time to began the SB Hype for Cowboys

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys will make it to the Super Bowl but for now they just have to focus on beating Buffalo. I'm so proud of Dak and this team. It's really been a fun season. Go Cowboys!!!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Now is the time to concentrate on beating the Bills and hoping that the Seahawks beat the Eagles. The Super Bowl hype can commence when we advance to the game.

Cmac

Reaction score
Hype and early hype has gotten this team and fanbase to be the brunt of many jokes and letdowns. Let's take one game at a time. We can enjoy but with reason.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There’s no hyping if you’re already there. Perhaps you don’t grasp the concept of hyping teams to be a SB Contender.
Then count me out. They have not earned to mentioned with the super bowl until they make it there. Too many letdowns.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's going to be a tough road to get there. Most likely will have to go the same route as last year. Favorable NFC South matchup round 1 we should win. After that, gets very dicey. Winning on the road in the NFL playoffs is hard. Doing it 3x in a row is extremely hard. This team definitely has what it takes to tackle the task.

But it needs to stay the course this final 5 games. Got 3 more good teams in a row. All with good playmakers on offense.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Again there’s no hyping after the fact. Perhaps either you don’t fully grasp the concept or are just totally against it.
There are usually 2 full weeks for the “hype” between conference championship games and the SB. Plus, you’d actually be hyping the two teams who’ll actually play in it .. all the rest is meaningless fluff.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I’ve been waving warning flags most of the season to pump the brakes on all of the SB hype. At least until we beat a legit SB contender.

The time has arrived. Not only did we beat the defending NFC Champion but they had best record in NFL. And we did in dominating fashion as we had some lesser teams which had been the support for the what I had defined as premature SB Hype.

Let the talk commence . We finally have a good offense and defense which can take on the more proven SB contenders . And while we need some help to win division and a playoff game at home , we definitely have the potential to make some noise in the playoffs .

I still consider SF to be the best team not only in NFC but NFL. Looks like the NFC is going to go thru them . That’s fine . We are still a team that should be a tough out for anyone . Bring it on!!
They can never win a SB with Jerry, just give up.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’ve been waving warning flags most of the season to pump the brakes on all of the SB hype. At least until we beat a legit SB contender.

The time has arrived. Not only did we beat the defending NFC Champion but they had best record in NFL. And we did in dominating fashion as we had some lesser teams which had been the support for the what I had defined as premature SB Hype.

Let the talk commence . We finally have a good offense and defense which can take on the more proven SB contenders . And while we need some help to win division and a playoff game at home , we definitely have the potential to make some noise in the playoffs .

I still consider SF to be the best team not only in NFC but NFL. Looks like the NFC is going to go thru them . That’s fine . We are still a team that should be a tough out for anyone . Bring it on!!
The Cowboys are a contender. They do have a shot at the number 1 spot. Anything can happen down the stretch.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
I’ve always maintained as a critic analyst which relies on current trends and results you must be able to recognize when things are turning. Or at least have the potential to turn .

If this performance coupled with the previous games this season doesn’t provide all fans a higher level of confidence then perhaps you’ll never have until after the fact.
Remember the old forum? I feel this team will do well this year. Since my first year following the Cowboys, I feel confident.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Loved the win over the Eagles but "SB hype" for me begins when the Cowboys win in the divisional round. Then I'll know it's real.
But it will be too late for the hype then. Hype is about having an insight or instinct based on what you’ve seen or feel that it’s a possibility it could occur before it happens.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They can never win a SB with Jerry, just give up.
The thing is they can. Cause they have. No one despises what Jethro had meant to our franchise. And no doubt he’s been a huge hurdle to overcome. But never say never.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are usually 2 full weeks for the “hype” between conference championship games and the SB. Plus, you’d actually be hyping the two teams who’ll actually play in it .. all the rest is meaningless fluff.
It meaningless fluff is what we do on fan forums. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is no need for hype at all. Hype is a business/marketing strategy to sell tickets and merchandise and get media attention.

For a fan it's meaningless. What are we hyping & why? We have proven to be a contender, which puts in a category with several other teams.

To be clear, I'm not talking about being enthusiastic or optimistic. That's what makes being a fan enjoyable. But what is the point of going beyond that?
No point except to have more fun enjoying the ride with more excitement and anticipation.

rambo2

Reaction score
The thing is they can. Cause they have. No one despises what Jethro had meant to our franchise. And no doubt he’s been a huge hurdle to overcome. But never say never.
Jerry is the one that has made the whole thing possible. The Cowboys where dying when he took over the show. He brought them back to life and made them a modern marvel.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
still too early, wait till they do something like win a div round game an maybe win a champ game!
Then get out your SB drums and other cheer equipment and make some noise.
but until the div round game is over the rest of this is just stats records and talk and other fluff.

I am going to wait till they actually do
what they havent done in the 28 years!
Like I said , as I’ve been shooting down the hype all season, this is finally a win which at least provides a starting point for deservedly some hype.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even though they looks terrible the past few weeks the Eagles have the next best chance. The should win the division and will no longer be playing teams who had more rest then they have had. The Cowboys had 10 days off the eagles had 7 rest. The week before the 49ers also had 10 days to the Eagles 7. Both games the eagles looked slow and tired in comparison to the 49ers and Cowboys who looked fresh.
While the Cowboys don’t currently have the history of recent success as Egirls we do look as good as them, it could change of course but I’d argue it at least warrants the discussion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is the one that has made the whole thing possible. The Cowboys were dying when he took over the show. He brought them back to life and made them a modern marvel.
Jimmy resurrected our franchise. Jethro only gets credit for hiring Jimmy. Which should have been enough credit for him. But it wasn’t.

Jones could have been one of the greatest owners in NFL history but he’s struggled staying out of the way and out of the limelight.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even though this is a different coaching staff now entirely, I'm still going to maintain my playoff skepticism until we prove it. A Jerry Jones team has not made it to an NFC title game in what, 28 years. McCarthy/Quinn have a challenge to overcome Jerry's shortcomings. I'm just enjoying the ride for now.
Then I guess you’ll never sense or have the instinct to see when it could be turning.

And it might not turn. But it certainly looks and feels like it could. That’s all hype is about.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Whatever, G. So we aren't supposed to hype up the Cowboys as SB contenders until you and several other critics say so?

Instead, why don't y'all admit us season long hyped supporters have been right while y'all have been wrong?

Pfft, I know you and your negative crew won't admit that......how wrong y'all were.