Twitter: Now saying they could have Zeke deal done by weekend

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I think this is true. Market value is a moving goal post, at best. However, in the case of Zeke, his market value should not have been a discussion until 2021. That's the problem as I see it.
I see your point, but disagree. He has leverage now and used it to get his value.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I see your point, but disagree. He has leverage now and used it to get his value.

He had no leverage at all to be honest. He made a bad choice IMO and listened to some idiot agent who was in his ear. Had he waited for the Dak deal and the Coop deal to get done, I think he probably gets a record deal for RB in another year or two. A deal that probably gives him much more, in terms of contract. I mean, I don't understand all this. When has Jerry ever not taken care of his guys? Jerry does this, to the point of pissing me off at times. He is an owner that does this, sometimes to the teams detriment. Zeke kinda screwed that up IMO. He has a good deal, that's good for him but it would have been better, IMO, if he had just listened to what Jerry had told him. Jerry told Zeke that he would be taken care of but not this season. That was reported.

It is what it is. I hope we don't end up regretting it.

aria

Reaction score
Agree here 100%......hell, we may steal a few early games but it just a matter of time before team start attack the liabilities of current RBs ( pass protection, route running etc.) and make the offense one dimensional.
Steal? I think our back ups could win our first three games for us. Take it with a grain of salt but 3 of the first 4 teams we play are ranked 29th, 31st and 32nd respectively.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He had no leverage at all to be honest. He made a bad choice IMO and listened to some idiot agent who was in his ear. Had he waited for the Dak deal and the Coop deal to get done, I think he probably gets a record deal for RB in another year or two. A deal that probably gives him much more, in terms of contract. I mean, I don't understand all this. When has Jerry ever not taken care of his guys? Jerry does this, to the point of pissing me off at times. He is an owner that does this, sometimes to the teams detriment. Zeke kinda screwed that up IMO. He has a good deal, that's good for him but it would have been better, IMO, if he had just listened to what Jerry had told him. Jerry told Zeke that he would be taken care of but not this season. That was reported.

It is what it is. I hope we don't end up regretting it.

I agree with you their. I think Cowboys plan was taking care of Dak and Cooper this season and then focus on Zeke. In doing that they would restructure contracts to free up money to get Zeke the deal he wanted. As for me I just want to get Zeke back out on the field. As I have said before in my opinion this is the strongest looking team both sides of the ball that I have seen in a while. I don't see a situation where one side of the ball will have to carry the other. Both offense and defense look prime and I have no doubt this offense is stronger with Zeke on the field than without him

aria

Reaction score
Sanders entered a 1 year before Emmitt. However Emmitt out rushed Sanders 4 year including 3 years in a row. I take nothing away from Barry but Emmitt is the rushing leading and all the ands , if or buts mean nothing. Sanders played 10 season and rushed for 15,269 and Emmitt 13 season for 18,355. I would also add that Sanders put up 99 rushing TD to Emmitt 164 rushing TD
And Sanders O line was ranked what compared to the best line in the league at the time?

Thanks for the stats though!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Steal? I think our back ups could win our first three games for us. Take it with a grain of salt but 3 of the first 4 teams we play are ranked 29th, 31st and 32nd respectively.

All 32 teams are starting a new season.........last year's ranking means zero. Besides, some of you guys act as if we only have to show up and win the game. Any team can be beaten on any given Sunday, especially early. Hell, based on this thinking, why not rest out starters the first three games, we don't need them.

aria

Reaction score
All 32 teams are starting a new season.........last year's ranking means zero. Besides, some of you guys act as if we only have to show up and win the game. Any team can be beaten on any given Sunday, especially early. Hell, based on this thinking, why not rest out starters the first three games, we don't need them.
Let me ask you this, have you watched the Giants or Miami play?

BTW, these rankings are from a couple weeks ago.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with you their. I think Cowboys plan was taking care of Dak and Cooper this season and then focus on Zeke. In doing that they would restructure contracts to free up money to get Zeke the deal he wanted. As for me I just want to get Zeke back out on the field. As I have said before in my opinion this is the strongest looking team both sides of the ball that I have seen in a while. I don't see a situation where one side of the ball will have to carry the other. Both offense and defense look prime and I have no doubt this offense is stronger with Zeke on the field than without him

I completely agree. I think that Jerry offered him a deal that would have taken care of him short term, just so that he wouldn't have to play for his Salary in 2019, with the intent to redo it when the cap allowed for more. I think Jerry would have made Zeke the highest paid RB, in every way, if he would have just been patient. I don't think it's a secret that Jerry liked Zeke, although, for what reason I can't imagine. He's been a PITA since he got here but that's here nor there. I think it's clear that Jerry like him and Jerry looks after his guys and not just on the Football Field or while they are playing. Jerry helps them after. Jerry gets them into business opportunities that can lead to long term security after Football. He's done that for a lot of his guys, over the years.

Now, I don't think that happens. While I haven't seen the details of the contract, what's being reported is that it's a step below Girley's in every way. If that's true, that's not a mistake. That's a message. Zeke may have screwed himself here. I mean, can't be sure but I would not be surprised at all.

JMO

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And Sanders O line was ranked what compared to the best line in the league at the time?

Det O line was not a bad OLine. Sorry people throw up excuses I gave you fact not what if or buts. If you can't handle facts don't ask

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let me ask you this, have you watched the Giants or Miami play?

BTW, these rankings are from a couple weeks ago.

No, I have not......it doesn't matter coz we have not played ONE regular-season game. C'mon Ace, surprise you don't see this.

Let me ask you, what the worse fear EVERY NFL coach have of playing rookie RBs? Or even some vets who are not good at it? .....pass protection or getting their QB killed coz they know defensive coor will show no mercy.

aria

Reaction score
No, I have not......it doesn't matter coz we have not played ONE regular-season game. C'mon Ace, surprise you don't see this.

Let me ask you, what the worse fear EVERY NFL coach have of playing rookie RBs? Or even some vets who are not good at it? .....pass protection or getting their QB killed coz they know defensive coor will show no mercy.
I’ve seen the Giants starting O line all 3 games now, last night for a full half. I also watched the Giants starting defense play 3 games, last night for a full half. Their offense didn’t have Barkley or Engram but Cincy’s front 4 (which is above average) dominated the Giants O line. Solder looked like Flowers and Hernandez had 3 penalties on 15 plays or something like that. Their new RT looked average at best. The sad thing is, that’s the most positive I have to say about their team (besides Jones is looking good but we don’t have to worry about that yet).

Their defense was almost dead last in pressures and/or sacks last year are and are arguably worse this year. They traded away their two best guys on defense and didn’t address pass rushing AT ALL. I take that back, they picked up a guy out of Old Dominion or somewhere like that in the later rounds. Their secondary has potential a year or two down the road but they are young. Their LB’ers suck and I expect our TE’s to dominate them as usual. I wouldn’t be surprised to see their defense in the bottom 3 this year, our offense will have a field day.

Cowboys are already favored -7 over the Giants and I’ve already jumped all over that in a big way.

I get what your saying about pre season but I’ve seen enough of the Giants to have a good feel. Miami is a hot mess and is in full rebuild mode, unfortunately I can’t give too many details other than what I saw yesterday and what I’ve read. I expect the Commanders D to be our best challenge but it won’t matter with Keenum slinging the rock, he has been atrocious as expected with wild swings in his game. Not to mention I think our best player and friend, Erek Flowers, may be starting for them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’ve seen the Giants starting O line all 3 games now, last night for a full half. I also watched the Giants starting defense play 3 games, last night for a full half. Their offense didn’t have Barkley or Engram but Cincy’s front 4 (which is above average) dominated the Giants O line. Solder looked like Flowers and Hernandez had 3 penalties on 15 plays or something like that. Their new RT looked average at best. The sad thing is, that’s the most positive I have to say about their team (besides Jones is looking good but we don’t have to worry about that yet).

Their defense was almost dead last in pressures and/or sacks last year are and are arguably worse this year. They traded away their two best guys on defense and didn’t address pass rushing AT ALL. I take that back, they picked up a guy out of Old Dominion or somewhere like that in the later rounds. Their secondary has potential a year or two down the road but they are young. Their LB’ers suck and I expect our TE’s to dominate them as usual. I wouldn’t be surprised to see their defense in the bottom 3 this year, our offense will have a field day.

Cowboys are already favored -7 over the Giants I’ve already jumped all over that in a big way.

I get what your saying about pre season but I’ve seen enough of the Giants to have a good feel. Miami is hot mess and is in full rebuild mode, unfortunately I can’t give too many details other than what I saw yesterday and what I’ve read. I expect the Commanders D to be our best challenge but it won’t matter with Keenum slinging the rock, he has been atrocious as expected with wild swings in his game. Not to mention,I think our best player and friend, Erek Flowers, may be starting for them.

Check the win/loss point differential of our two games with the Giants over the 7-8 years. You will see with the exception of a few games, and more than Commanders and Eagles, games with the Giants are always decided by 7 points or less. Many times, less than 7. Bottom line, games against the Giants for some reason almost always decide in 4th period.

aria

Reaction score

Just for the record, again, I completely get what you’re saying about pre season, especially divisional rivalries but we have way too much going in our favor and that was even without Zeke. All 3 of those teams, minus the Commanders and not by much, are baaaaaaaaad.

aria

Reaction score
Check the win/loss point differential of our two games with the Giants over the 7-8 years. You will see with the exception of a few games, and more than Commanders and Eagles, games with the Giants are always decided by 7 points or less. Many times, less than 7. Bottom line, games against the Giants for some reason almost always decide in 4th period.
I know and I’m less worried about it this year than every other year. Our O line is better this year, their D line is worse, much worse than last year. Our D line is arguable better this year, even without Quinn, their O line was supposed to be better but I haven’t seen it yet. Their secondary is very young, their LB’ers are equal, if not worse and they were horrible last year. We literally dominate them in every category. Oh yeah, they also won’t have Golden Taint for the first 4 games.

As I said, the Commanders worry me more than the other 2. If, IF, Keenum happens to have a decent game then they could be a little nuisance.

X550i

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're NOT rooting for him to do good things on gameday..........
I’m sure as soon as Zeke is streaking down the field towards the end zone, everyone will be on their feet yelling go Zeke go!

It’s still a gladiator sport and fans have short memories. Zeke will be loved again and all will be forgiven when he performs and whips the crowd into a frenzy.