Twitter: Now saying they could have Zeke deal done by weekend

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They were always going to sign Elliott.

The team loves him. He loves the Cowboys.
Jerry and Stephen understand business. They probably got a little miffed at Zeke’s agent but I doubt the ever had any negative feeling towards Ezekiel.

Dallas wants to be a physical, run first team and Elliott gives them just that, and he gives it better than any RB in the league. I lol’ed every time someone said trade him o make him sit all year. That just isn’t practical for the team or for Elliott.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
gotta love the people without in-demand, highly-specific skills declaring what *they* would do if in this situation.
they wouldn't fight for the most money they could get! they wouldn't care what market value is! they'd play for the love of the game! anything to help the team! i KNOW i would do this, despite never being close to this scenario!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

clowns

It's easy to forgo someone else's money and be self-righteous about it, especially when you'll never be in that someone else's position and have to live by your own words.

CWR

Reaction score
Im glad we can put this to bed. I love what Zeke does for this team, but I hate the suspension scares. Hopefully he will have quite off seasons moving forward. Lets go Cowboys! :dance:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I guess is doesn't matter that contracts are always arrived at by mutual consent! Go figure . . . :rolleyes:

It's a good bet that both sides will be relieved to sign that contract and happy to be done with it.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Didn’t it actually take a few years for Emmitt to beat Barry’s total rushing yards after Barry retired years before him? I may be wrong but am too lazy to look it up.

Sanders entered a 1 year before Emmitt. However Emmitt out rushed Sanders 4 year including 3 years in a row. I take nothing away from Barry but Emmitt is the rushing leading and all the ands , if or buts mean nothing. Sanders played 10 season and rushed for 15,269 and Emmitt 13 season for 18,355. I would also add that Sanders put up 99 rushing TD to Emmitt 164 rushing TD

dfense

Reaction score
I'm not buying the hype. Zeke may come back and play in the opener, but he's not getting paid. At least not what he thinks he is. There is a pecking order and I think it goes like this

Amari gets new deal mid season.
Dak gets new deal end of season.
Zeke gets to wait.
And he might have to wait for Byron Jones to.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Greedy for the labor and the product to want market value?

I guess I see it differently.

I think this is true. Market value is a moving goal post, at best. However, in the case of Zeke, his market value should not have been a discussion until 2021. That's the problem as I see it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How about the fact he still has 2 years left on his rookie deal? Soon enough the rookie cap will mean nothing because draft picks are going to come in demanding more $$$ not caring about the CBA rookie cap!
Nice idea! Tell Barkley he’s a year late so he can hold out.