Now that’s over - what defensive Free Agents can we afford

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the only way to fix this defense is through the draft. if we don't draft well, there is no way in heck we can fix this defense through FA.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure they’ll do a bunch of restructures to free up 15-20 million for free agency. Are there 2-3 quality defensive free agents they could look at and now afford that would be a bridge until the likely high influx of rookies gets up to speed?

None. I’d focus your attention on the draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yet, our FO is somehow obliged to predictably opt for tier 3 veteran free agents each and every year. If we're so blessed with their competent cap management, there'd be no need for such an extreme level of frugality. Yet, that situation predictably exists each and every year. Let's hope this year represents a new level of cap health but we've yet to see it occur when it comes to defensive improvement.

It's not a healthy way to manage the cap by having to restructure contracts each and every year. Our FO just isn't adept in their budget management. Hopefully, you and I and the rest of those here won't again be disappointed with the defense's situation but that remains to be seen, imho.
Add in poor player evaluation, and you have 8-8.