News: Now this is how you handle malcontents who don’t honor the contract they signed

Swanny

Reaction score
The union also negotiated a deal that allows teams to redo rookie deals after 3 years. Seems like Zeke is working the CBA like the owners do.
Absolutely he can try. But had no one to blame but his union for negotiating crap contracts.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You posted multiple times that the Cowboys were either responsible for year 2 of Hurns' contract or that another team had to take on those terms.

That's clearly wrong.
You're exactly right that's what I said. And the bottom line was it wasn't even in the contract guaranteed. Why did you take so long to say it. I didn't know his contract I didn't care about his contract I kept saying that but you got it wrong. Cuz you didn't mention it until the end. When you were called out on it

rags747

Reaction score
Again. The "honor the contract" thing is total garbage.

For example, we signed Hurns to a two year 12 mill deal. We cut him after a year.

Yet no one is crying about how the team didn't honor the contract.
Two years $12m was for performance, how many catches did Hurns have? His contract was honored while he performed, once he became useless he was cut as it should always be. Never ever pay someone for non performance, it would be like me paying my lawn and pool guys their monthly’s but they never show up.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You're exactly right that's what I said. And the bottom line was it wasn't even in the contract guaranteed. Why did you take so long to say it. I didn't know his contract I didn't care about his contract I kept saying that but you got it wrong. Cuz you didn't mention it until the end. When you were called out on it

His contract is not unique.

You made claims based on a failed understanding if the most common form of NFL deal. There was no special situation here with his deal. You just didn't understand the basics.

Sad. The worst.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Two years $12m was for performance, how many catches did Hurns have? His contract was honored while he performed, once he became useless he was cut as it should always be. Never ever pay someone for non performance, it would be like me paying my lawn and pool guys their monthly’s but they never show up.

Zeke has clearly outperformed his deal...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His contract is not unique.

You made claims based on a failed understanding if the most common form of NFL deal. There was no special situation here with his deal. You just didn't understand the basics.

Sad. The worst.
How old are you 15 go away Kid you bother me. LOL that's an old quote from the old Cowboys fan forum. Don't take it personal

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke has clearly outperformed his deal...
How by tripping over his own ego inside the 5-yard line. By only scoring six touchdowns last season. By putting the ball on the ground six times. Not counting the four he got back. What is his yardage really done for us four points. Time of possession great I understand that. We had no longer have the youngest starting defense in the league we don't need to play ball control

Batman1980

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol.

You got so owned in this thread.

Embarrassed for you.
I've Been a Cowboy fan since my Military Days. All you could get was the Cowboys overseas. I've been through the roller coaster. I train with a 2 time Super Bowl running back not that that gives me leverage. Just shows you my passion for this game you might think I was wrong. So you're wrong on two accounts my cowboy brother. Go Cowboys

AbeBeta

Reaction score
How by tripping over his own ego inside the 5-yard line. By only scoring six touchdowns last season. By putting the ball on the ground six times. Not counting the four he got back. What is his yardage really done for us four points. Time of possession great I understand that. We had no longer have the youngest starting defense in the league we don't need to play ball control

Gee, by averaging 100 yards a game? By dropping 2000k total yards last year? By leading the league in rushing twice?

But yeah, cherrypick.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gee, by averaging 100 yards a game? By dropping 2000k total yards last year? By leading the league in rushing twice?

But yeah, cherrypick.
And all that gave us six touchdowns. Great work look I love having the kid on my team but he's a knucklehead. He needs to grow up he needs a slap on the back of his head. He could be the best in the world but he's not even the third-best

romothesavior

Reaction score
The way fans side with teams on this issue instead of the players is so, so backwards.
Nah. As others have said, it's a function of the salary cap.

If Jerry was free to spend money however he saw fit, I wouldn't care if he wasted it on an over valued player. But he can't, so I want him to be smart and not overpay.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I've Been a Cowboy fan since my Military Days. All you could get was the Cowboys overseas. I've been through the roller coaster. I train with a 2 time Super Bowl running back not that that gives me leverage. Just shows you my passion for this game you might think I was wrong. So you're wrong on two accounts my cowboy brother. Go Cowboys

Thank you for your service.

With that out of the way, I gotta ask why you would even bring that up.

Your posts aren't any less wrong if you are a vet

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And all that gave us six touchdowns. Great work look I love having the kid on my team but he's a knucklehead. He needs to grow up he needs a slap on the back of his head. He could be the best in the world but he's not even the third-best

Keep focusing in fantasy stats. Dak would never have run for as many TDs or even thrown for several without the D keyed on Zeke

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you for your service.

With that out of the way, I gotta ask why you would even bring that up.

Your posts aren't any less wrong if you are a vet
I brought that up because my first point was, all you can watch overseas was the Cowboys that's how I became a fan. Why was I overseas you ask. Because I was in the military. I thought you needed explicit explanation so you didn't say I was wrong LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Keep focusing in fantasy stats. Dak would never have run for as many TDs or even thrown for several without the D keyed on Zeke
I totally disagree. We played Smash Mouth football. Why because we had the youngest starting defense in the league and we didn't want to overexpose them. When they turn Prescott loose in the fourth quarter he was nothing but brilliant. Make no mistake who the leader of this team is. The team Elliott took himself out of the games more times last season than I care to remember. Prescott had those scores without Elliott even on the field

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I totally disagree. We played Smash Mouth football. Why because we had the youngest starting defense in the league and we didn't want to overexpose them. When they turn Prescott loose in the fourth quarter he was nothing but brilliant. Make no mistake who the leader of this team is. The team Elliott took himself out of the games more times last season than I care to remember. Prescott had those scores without Elliott even on the field

Keep living in fantasy land

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just give you an exact example of our game plan and why we play it and you think that's fantasy. I didn't state opinion. That was factual. How do you expect anyone 2 take anything you say with any integrity . what you don't know the simple game plan with the Dallas Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You like living in Fantasyland. You use that expression a lot my cowboy brother. Again I'm starting to find you boring. You have to do better than that. You getting embarrassed.. that's the difference between you and I I don't care what people think