Now trade Parsons

Sandyf

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
not a chance, they will sign Prescott then work during the season on Parsons

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They got some good value in later rounds. And the Ramsey and Stafford trades were good short term investments. Ramsey didnt work out for them in the long run, but he was key to their title run
Aye they got a championship out of it so the Ramsey deal was worth it. But they did they hit on some solid picks but it also helps to have a good offensive line and one of the best defensive players of all time on the defensive line. If the game is won in the trenches you better have that. And McVey....they could take the risk with all the pieces they had in place. They probably have a few hall of famers on that squad.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I bet you a red penny Jerry and Stephen ALREADY know right now what it will take and what to expect.
They know what to expect that’s for sure. We’ll see how Parsons performs this season under Zimmer and whether they want to pay what it’s going to take to get him extended.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends on compensation honestly. If we got 2 1st round picks then still spent money to sign quality DL players I'm all for it if we ended up with 3 good to great starters. It's a crap shoot. What we know right now is by himself Parsons has not made much of an impact in the post season, he needs help.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Naw you are right man. Its pathetic. All the dude does is competitor and talk football. In his free time at that. We are very fortunate that's the worst you can say about him.
I mean you hear nothing about him partying, clubbing or whatever and he is stingy as heck. Read something last where he complained about paying $40 for a haircut. (LOL)
I think he's a natural people person who is enjoying every bit of his life right now. He loves meeting and interacting with people from all walks of life but he's an alpha. As you may know, communication is always the key with them........tone, timing, diplomacy, tact.

Adreme

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
I find the idea of 3-5 firsts hilarious. You are looking at 2 1s a 2, and maybe a 3 and that is me rounding up. In the past 15 years we have seen more than that traded once and that was the bad Washington trade for RG3. Teams aren’t throwing 3-4 1s in a trade for one player at any position.

So focusing on the 2 1s, and figuring they will be late 1s let’s look at who the Cowboys last 2 firsts have been to get context on this deal: Tyler Smith and Maxi Smith. Would you trade a top 5 defender for that because I wouldn’t?

coult44

Reaction score

I thought these kinds of post would disappear after the start of real football. My God….. You gave me a great laugh though with the 5 first round picks though.

John813

Reaction score
We trade Parsons, then what do we have on the defense???
Diggs and Bland, who will look very ordinary when every opposing offense can replicate the 2014-2017 Dallas Cowboys offensive line due to the lack of pass rush talent.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of getting rid of Parsons. The objective is 2024. The objective is to win. Parsons gives me the best chance to win in 2024.

And make no mistake whoever we trade him to will be a dominant team and have a great defense. So I get what? Two late first rounders? To do what? Draft the next Taco or next Mazi?

If I do trade Parsons its for a game day pick of a top 10 pick and a future 1st at the minimal.

Well, yeah, if we do trade him, it'd be for a mini-Walker type deal. We're talking multiple firsts and several other picks too.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys are all in this season. The time to trade Parsons would be after this season. He’ll be holding out for a huge contract extension next summer. He’ll be looking to be the highest paid non-QB.

Yup, and after the season, someone is going to give us in haul.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
not a chance, they will sign Prescott then work during the season on Parsons

Perhaps, which is fine, and, tbf, this thread may be better after this season, but I think, following this season, I could see us getting a Walkerish deal.

John813

Reaction score
Well, yeah, if we do trade him, it'd be for a mini-Walker type deal. We're talking multiple firsts and several other picks too.
History has sort of shown the value for Parsons.

Mack was traded for 2 1sts(19/20) a 6th rounder(2019) and a 3rd rounder(2020).
But Mack was also sent with a 2nd round pick(2020) and a 7th round pick(2020).

Now Mack was in his 5th year tender deal or 1 year till UFA, but I doubt any team will give up a Walker level deal.
Both teams didn't really see much success from the trade either, in terms of playoff success. Raiders blew the picks, Chicago doinked their best shot.

Now, with two years left, he maybe could get more, but you are talking about a small handful of teams willing to give up that much assets, which could end up as late 1st rounders.
The conditions Jimmy pulled off for Walker will never happen again.

Creeper

Reaction score

This is not a serious post, is it?

Let's trade our best player so we can stockpile draft picks, then draft great players so we can trade them for even more draft picks?

How about we build a team around our best players so we can at least try to win a Super Bowl.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.
No one is giving you 3 1sts for a nonQB. The Hershel Walker deal only happened because Jimmy tricked the Vikings. That’s never happening again.

The most you’ll probably get is what Oakland got for Mack, which was 2 1sts but had to give up a 2nd in return. part of the issue is teams are not just trading for Micah, they’re also trading for the “privilege” of making him the highest paid nonQB ever.