Now trade Parsons

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
THIS!!! This has been my stance that pick 6 went the other way in GB. Time to blow it up and move on. Sign CD, Shop Micah and Sayonara Dak.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
Teams are not allowed to trade more than their next three firsts. So four and five 1sts cannot happen. Escalating salaries in the salary cap era makes 1st and 2nd round draft picks more valuable than in the past. They are necessary to acquire good talent that can be “cost controlled” 4 or 5 years. “Draft hauls” will be increasingly rare going forward. Every team, for instance, has their 2025, 2026, & 2027 first round picks. All but two or three have the 2nds In 2025.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, sign the WR of the present to a big deal, to "win now" to send the defense back to the stone age.
And also let Dak Prescott walk, so CDL can be possibly playing with a rotating QB carousel for years.

What.
Your reply is so simple, a caveman could have come up with it. Brilliant!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

I really expect the Cowboys will be all ears without proactively shopping Parsons around. I think they expect to receive offers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You don't sign Lamb, who will be in his prime for the duration of this 4 year deal, and then go into rebuild mode. You sign all 3, manage the cap as best as you can, and try to build your team via roster churning and the draft. They will shed some bigger contracts the next few years between Tank, Martin, etc. They appear to have nailed the draft and have retooled the O-line with all of them on cheap deals for the foreseeable future. They have another year before they need to pay Micah. They've found good safety and LB's on cheap contracts, and the only big defensive contract they currently have is Diggs. Whether or not anyone agrees on Dak being the best option, he's the likeliest option for the Jones'. Signing Ceedee is indicative they plan to ride the course with this group for the foreseeable future. They can always trade him but I don't think that's the plan.
Since it looks like Guyton is our LT of the present/future and Beebe our C, I'm starting to wonder if Richards might not be our RG when Martin retires. I like Bass, but I think Richards was our most solid backup lineman this preseason at G. He shows nice power and good movement ability. Before this preseason, I had Bass being the next up, but I think Richards has surpassed him.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Yup. Outside of Dak, everyone is in the early or mid 20's. You don't restart a team, by trading away the 1st and 2nd most important positions on the team, especially when the players are in their prime

Truthfully, if they decided to blow it up, I wouldn't of hated it, but you don't re-sign the #1 WR to top cheddar and then blow it up. Now if Dak wanted crazy money or didn't want to re-sign, you still keep Parsons at this point.
Dak wants 60 - let him get it somewhere else. He hasn’t earned that money in Dallas. Maybe he’ll do it - but don’t bet 60/yr on it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Oakland traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper for Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Abrams, and Damone Arnett lol

Talk about seismic
Please. Please people read this.

The Walker trade was an anomaly and had a prime Jimmy, with an expertise of college players, picking the players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creeper

Reaction score
I actually agree with the OP.

Micah is our best player, but as a player whose game is largely due to freak athleticism, there's a distinct possibility we're already entering the end of his prime.

I think he'll always be a good player, but we're probably not going to see the return the contract will warrant.

Think of it this way: what are the chances we can surround CeeDee, Micah, and Diggs with a stronger team than we've recently had now that they've been paid when we couldn't do it when they were cheap?

We've got to find a way to inject more talent into the team, but that means we need more resources via draft capital.

If wecould get something close to what the Raiders got for Mack, then we should take it.

But it won't happen.
But always keep in mind Jerry only drafts talent, and that is a 50-50 proposition even for 1st round picks. And no one is going to give up 5 1st round picks for Micah or any player. Who has that kind of draft capital to begin with?

What Jerry should have done is get defensive line help for Micah. He needed to get another pass rush threat on the opposite side and someone to push the middle of the pocket to free up Micah and let him do his thing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry will role with 3 players making 150M and 49 guys making the NFL minimum wage before he trades Micah.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they were going to not retain one of the three players with recent contract questions, Lamb would have been the one to do it with.

What’s easiest to find/replace?

-Top 10 QB
-Elite edge rusher
-WR1

Door #3 can be found in just about any draft between picks 5-20. The other two? Not so much.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The one player you might be able to trade on the roster is Bland. The key is how Diggs, Lewis, and Carson perform in the 5 games without him. Then in the offseason you can trade the kid for a haul.

blueblood70

Reaction score

OMG!! STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: o_O:mad: just book it stop it Hes NOT going anywhere we cant let drama settle for 1 dang day!!

CD gets singed now its to parsons!! we have his right for 2 more years easily. Get war daddy now trade war daddy lmao!!!!:facepalm::popcorn::espn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol.

Jerry Jones is not trading Micah Parsons.
and neither would about 25 other smart teams.. you don't sign lamb and diggs and possibly keep Dak and let Parsons go? it makes zero sense now if Prescott's on this team next year trade them all including CD that's a play. But the immediate CD signed let parsons go is an ignorant plan at best! this place can't appreciate anything not even 24 hrs to be happy CD back more freaking drama!