Now trade Parsons

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is not a serious post, is it?

Let's trade our best player so we can stockpile draft picks, then draft great players so we can trade them for even more draft picks?

How about we build a team around our best players so we can at least try to win a Super Bowl.

I'd love for us to build for a SB. Also, as for the trade, it's probably better of an idea for after the season. The point is, I'm not sure they keep Dak after this season. Depending on how things go, what's to say Parsons will want to stay? If not, why not see if we can get a big haul and set ourselves up for a SB with a nice haul. I'd prefer to keep Parsons, but a big ransom for him would be nice too.

links18

Reaction score
Parsons is Jerry's jersey sale money. He ain't going anywhere--even if he eventually takes down the locker room.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This is not a serious post, is it?

Let's trade our best player so we can stockpile draft picks, then draft great players so we can trade them for even more draft picks?

How about we build a team around our best players so we can at least try to win a Super Bowl.
I actually agree with the OP.

Micah is our best player, but as a player whose game is largely due to freak athleticism, there's a distinct possibility we're already entering the end of his prime.

I think he'll always be a good player, but we're probably not going to see the return the contract will warrant.

Think of it this way: what are the chances we can surround CeeDee, Micah, and Diggs with a stronger team than we've recently had now that they've been paid when we couldn't do it when they were cheap?

We've got to find a way to inject more talent into the team, but that means we need more resources via draft capital.

If wecould get something close to what the Raiders got for Mack, then we should take it.

But it won't happen.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
Every player has a price, if a team came in offering 5 first rounders for Parsons I think most GMs would be crazy not to take that. However, I doubt that happens though and would probably be looking at 2 1sts and a day 2 pick on his actual trade. Probably similiar to the Mack trade.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
You don't build your team up trading guys like Parsons though. Teams like the Eagles trading guys like Sam Bradford for a 1st rounder.....and Patriots trading older vets for 1st rounders....that's what you do. Chiefs trading Chris Jones would kill that team. 49ers trading Fred Warner would kill that team. There are some guys you trade and some you don't. You trade the guy who's not as good as perceived. For instance, a good guy to have traded was Biadiz last year.
wow I forgot the Eagles traded Sam Bradford and got a 1st and a 4th rounder out of that deal. I wish we had a forward thinking GM that could make good trades. Jerry isn't that guy. He falls in love with the players too much.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Every player has a price, if a team came in offering 5 first rounders for Parsons I think most GMs would be crazy not to take that. However, I doubt that happens though and would probably be looking at 2 1sts and a day 2 pick on his actual trade. Probably similiar to the Mack trade.

Yeah, a Mack deal would have to wait until after the season

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Yeah cause trading a pass rusher and one of the most dominating defensive players in football is such a great idea. The Micah parsons hate on here sometimes is crazy…. Just like ware. He’d leave an instantly win a title with an organization who’s good.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
Well, maybe 2 #1s
Because I was standing 1 foot away from him at Saturday nights game and I'm telling you if I'm a OC I'm running right at him!!
The lad needs some meat!:lmao:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah cause trading a pass rusher and one of the most dominating defensive players in football is such a great idea. The Micah parsons hate on here sometimes is crazy…. Just like ware. He’d leave an instantly win a title with an organization who’s good.

I don't hate him one bit. Frankly, I think this trade is probably better for after the season. That said, in terms of the cap, I'm concerned with how we can keep Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons. I know we don't sign FAs, but we might want to keep more of our own players. I don't think we keep Dak after this season. We kept CeeDee (right move). I think the question then becomes what to do with Parsons. If we can get a big haul for Parsons, we have to think about it (I'd prefer after the season).

Retro88

Reaction score
I'll never understand the love CZ has of wanting to trade every player they have for picks in hopes of drafting a player that's as good as the players you traded away.

75boyz

Reaction score

No matter the criticism you get from the "trade your best player" crowd here...
This is a pretty good forward thinking post that tries to genuinely improve the team. Its a reasonable suggestion to try and find trade partners for a top 3 type defensive talent in order to re-build the team properly.

I'd shop him and entertain all the best draft pick packages other GMs may be willing to offer.

I may be in the minority but I like your idea.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Damn, just when I thought you knew a little football....

Flamma

Reaction score

Wow, 3-5 first round picks? How many energy drinks did you have? Count me in. But seriously, at best I can see tow first rounders plus a bit. You think that would replace him? I can see if they weren't going to sign Dak, you'd need the draft capital to trade up for a QB that may or may not hit. But even then they might not need to trade him. Just start Lance in 2025 and we'll already be where we need to be come draft day.

Cmac

Reaction score
Seems some just don't want good players, even when they have subpar games.....but especially when they are about to talk about money soon.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Not this year , our pass rush without him is non-existent ,let him play this year and he has the typical 2ndhalf Fade,then tradehim .