Number 1 Defense in NFL!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
5th in points is my main thing (yards tells a little bit of the story) But points is the bottom line. I fear any team that takes running the ball seriously. It's our only kryptonite I feel.

Agree 1000%.......always been in mind since I heard Belichick mention it years ago.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
run defense is the only weakness, we should pnot fear any qb.
I think we already fixed the run defense. With the defensive tackle. Don’t know his name. And Vanda Is playing so much better

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, how good is the pass defense, to add in a 19th ranked run defense and still be first overall defense???

I expect that run defense ranking to get better now that DLaw and Gallimore are back.
Hard to imagine this before the season. The run defense is still kinda leaky at times.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super Bowl level if you ask me........two words I keep hearing/reading from others about this D, lots of energy and fast

Pass rush has kicked it in and the entire defense is opportunistic when it comes to turnovers, two areas where this team has been lacking for far too long. I wonder if anyone still wants to defend Rod Marinelli?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to imagine this before the season. The run defense is still kinda leaky at times.

That's about to be tested. If not by Arizona, then certainly by Philadelphia. Once they realized they had a running game, they've been tops in the league.

Zman5

Reaction score
I told all of you here numerous times after the draft, before camp, and during camp that the Cowboys would have a top 5 defense. Why didn’t you people believe me?

Because you only have one eye and a real long tongue.

Never trust someone with only one eye. LOL.

GINeric

Reaction score
AR's fake broken toe, just said ouch...I don't want to play this team.

I've been saying this for the longest. Aaron Rodgers toe isn't any more broken than mine. He's just one of those fraudulent dudes who want to be praised for appearing like he's overcoming some painful obstacle.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Lol. Football Outsiders DVOA
I thought it may mean something like that

well I lol at the vast variety of people and sites making up their own convoluted stats that combine and weigh 10 other stats. I mean sure if I analyzed each one I would probably think some of them make a lot of sense, but I'm sure just as many don't, in my opinion anyway.

Cowboys do not have the #1 defense. I wish they did but they don't.

IceBowler

Reaction score
This Defense just looks nasty.. Every pass play he had people in his face. When we do this to rogers he gets really upset..

.. and the officials immediately neutralize our efforts for the blessing of Gödel and and his vision of the League. We are one "No holding" call away from being in the #1 seed spot. NOT an accident.

glimmerman

Reaction score
.. and the officials immediately neutralize our efforts for the blessing of Gödel and and his vision of the League. We are one "No holding" call away from being in the #1 seed spot. NOT an accident.
Or the 4 PI calls on Brown. 2 of those were pretty ticky tack.