Video: NY Biker road rage incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith22

Reaction score
Has anyone heard how they are doing in tracking down the bikers?
I assume they know who most are because many were part that stunt group.

I thought I read earlier that they have the identity of the main suspect who smashed the drivers window open.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Justice was served. Justice isn't turning to the law you were ignoring when your actions backfire and take you out.
No way this guy should be charged for anything and more people should be arrested than the two who were.

Justtice was certainly NOT served, imo.

If justice was served, this guy wouldn't have been brutaly beaten and stabbed in front of his family.

If justice was served, all of those bikers would be dead or in jail right now and this world would be a better place for it.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Justtice was certainly NOT served, imo.

If justice was served, this guy wouldn't have been brutaly beaten and stabbed in front of his family.

If justice was served, all of those bikers would be dead or in jail right now and this world would be a better place for it.

True, but I meant in the singular case of this guy and his family crying for justice.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a gem for you...

One of the bikers involved in this mess is an undercover cop.

"An off-duty, NYPD undercover officer was among the pack of motorcyclists who chased a Financial District family up the West Side Highway — and he stood by as the dad was hauled from his car and beaten, The Post has learned.
The unidentified narcotics officer only came forward Wednesday night, four days after the caught-on-video biker predation, and is described as a motorcycle hobbyist who rides with Front Line Soldiers, a New Rochelle-based group that also counts several other cops among its members, a source said.
Internal Affairs is investigating whether those cops, too, were among the bikers, and whether any of them are also witnesses to the beating that left Internet exec Alexian Lien bleeding on the pavement as his wife and toddler daughter cowered inside their black Range Rover."

more... http://nypost.com/2013/10/04/undercover-cop-stood-by-as-bikers-beat-dad/

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
A friend and I were riding a few years ago. Some guy was upset about something that my friend had done... I was behind both of them. The guy in the truck tried to run my friend off the road and almost ran him over and killed him. I wasn't involved until then. But he came to a light and I went to his door, unlocked it, yanked him out to the ground and mounted up on him for a bit. People who think it's ok to bully people on bikes are morons. If you ride, then you know this is pretty common. I won't comment on the OP either way. I have no idea what happened. But the guy shouldn't have run anyone over....

speedkilz88

Reaction score
A friend and I were riding a few years ago. Some guy was upset about something that my friend had done... I was behind both of them. The guy in the truck tried to run my friend off the road and almost ran him over and killed him. I wasn't involved until then. But he came to a light and I went to his door, unlocked it, yanked him out to the ground and mounted up on him for a bit. People who think it's ok to bully people on bikes are morons. If you ride, then you know this is pretty common. I won't comment on the OP either way. I have no idea what happened. But the guy shouldn't have run anyone over....

Maybe you shouldn't be commenting from ignorance then, because the bikers were the bullies in this situation.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Maybe you shouldn't be commenting from ignorance then, because the bikers were the bullies in this situation.

Well, I tend to agree in this situation. But I still don't think the driver needed to run anyone over like that....

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Guess who just stood there and watched the guy get beaten?

An off-duty undercover New York City police officer was among the crowd of motorcyclists on the scene as SUV driver Alexian Lien was beaten on Sunday, officials confirmed to ABC News today.

The undercover narcotics cop did not intervene in the beating out of fear that his cover would be blown, sources said.

The cop's identity has not been released by the NYPD. According to officials, the officer notified his superiors days after the incident. He was a motorcyclist who was there on his own time, they said.

The information is part of the ongoing investigation by the NYPD and the Manhattan district attorney into the confrontation and beating that happened Sunday afternoon between a group of 20 to 30 motorcyclists and Lien, caught on video and uploaded to the Internet.

The officer's involvement is also the subject of an Internal Affairs investigation, sources said.

Robert Sims, 35, who allegedly grabbed the SUV's door about 5 minutes into the video, is also in custody after he turned himself in to police in Brooklyn earlier today, NYPD officials said. Charges against him are pending. Sims was arrested in 1998 for possession of a loaded firearm and a samurai sword, and he served eight months in jail, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/undercover...-driver-beaten-motorcylists/story?id=20476834

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Well, I tend to agree in this situation. But I still don't think the driver needed to run anyone over like that....

They deserved a lot worse than just getting ran over.

And yes, I have a bike (Cruiser) and I ride often too. I know how sometimes morons treat "bikers" but that wasn't the case in this incident. Those bikers were the aggressors and I only wish the SUV driver had ran a few more of them over.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
They deserved a lot worse than just getting ran over.

And yes, I have a bike (Cruiser) and I ride often too. I know how sometimes morons treat "bikers" but that wasn't the case in this incident. Those bikers were the aggressors and I only wish the SUV driver had ran a few more of them over.

I don't think they did anything terribly wrong until the end. I don't think the guy should have gassed it so hard in the beginning. Perhaps he could have slow-footed it out of there?

But I didn't see the whole thing, so I don't know anything here. All I know is people often treat bikers like dirt on the road.

The most interesting, or disturbing, part to me is that there was a cop there. And he just stood by and did nothing--didn't even report the incident until days later...

Typical, though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't think they did anything terribly wrong until the end

Wow.
YEah cuz chasing the dude down the freeway for miles terrorizing him and his family... that wasn't "terribly wrong"?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't think they did anything terribly wrong until the end. I don't think the guy should have gassed it so hard in the beginning. Perhaps he could have slow-footed it out of there?

But I didn't see the whole thing, so I don't know anything here. All I know is people often treat bikers like dirt on the road.

The most interesting, or disturbing, part to me is that there was a cop there. And he just stood by and did nothing--didn't even report the incident until days later...

Typical, though.

THen why bother commenting?

And that cop was UNDER COVER. You understand what that means?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Wow.
YEah cuz chasing the dude down the freeway for miles terrorizing him and his family... that wasn't "terribly wrong"?

I did not see that part. I only saw them around his vehicle. Even then, he could have slowly left the scene.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

lol

Oh my goodness.. you are too much, man.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I did not see that part. I only saw them around his vehicle. Even then, he could have slowly left the scene.

You obviously didn't see the beginning when the bikers swarmed his SUV and break checked him and that's when is escalated. We are talking about 1 guy with his 2 year old Daughter in the car and the bikers were the aggressors. Sorry can't defend them they looked like a bunch of crazed idiots after 1 man. NYPD has stated the SUV was not in the wrong and no charges will be filed. So obviously they have enough evidence to conclude this.

Status
Not open for further replies.