O man skins and their imagination

Derinyar

Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
Actually, the person didnt predict that the Skins are going to the SB nor did he post on CZ.com. The original thread starter posted this from another site where a Commanders fan says that the Commanders CAN be in the SB.

Also...
No you're receiving corps is not by far the best(if they even are the best)

Washington did not get lucky at all with injuries last year. David Patten, our 2nd WR, had a season ending injury. Randy Thomas, our pro-bowl caliber Guard got a season ending injury. Shawn Springs, Walt Harris and Carlos Rogers were injured off and on for most of the season. Jon Jansen, our RT, was playing with both of his thumbs injured. Mark Brunell, our QB, got a knee injury against the Giants. Clinton Portis had stingers in both of his shoulders. James Thrash, our 3rd WR, was injured in the playoffs. Even Taylor Jacobs, our 4th WR was injured. Also one of our guards got injured in the playoff game against Seattle and our backup Center, Corey Raymer had to play some guard. So tell me, how did we get lucky with injuries last year?
Lets see, you didn't miss many full games from starting linemen, where the game is won. Your QB didn't miss many games, despite a "knee injury". The only legitimate injuries you've really mentioned there are the ones to your CB's and the WR's. Honestly, the WR's were missing most of the time when they were on the field anyway.

As to the cowboys having the best WR corps in the division, that should be pretty much self evident. TO is the best WR in the division. Terry Glenn is the best #2 WR in the division now. Sure teams will have an advantage in 3rd WR over Crayton, but I doubt its huge enough to over come the advantages that the Cowboys have at the first two postions.

1fisher

Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
I asked how is it so far fetched for Skins fans to think that they can make it to the SB and hos replies by saying that I need to stop expecting people here on CZ to be glowing about the Commanders.

Now that is overexaggerating.

exaggerate = To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree.... no need for the word over......:p:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1fisher said:
exaggerate = To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree.... no need for the word over......:p:

1fisher...you are dealing with RedStink logic! Which in itself, "RedStink Logic" is an exaggeration! :cool:

Those mutants don't know the difference! Don't waste your time trying to educate them...

Where you could say day...
they will tell you it's night..

Where you could say black...
they will tell you it's white..

It's always the same..
its' just a shame..
That's all..
that's all.

:star:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
5Stars said:

It's Black, It's White
It's Tough For You
To Get By
It's Black , It's White, Whoo

It's Black, It's White
It's Tough For You
To Get By
It's Black , It's White, Whoo

1fisher

Reaction score
5Stars said:
1fisher...you are dealing with RedStink logic! Which in itself, "RedStink Logic" is an exaggeration! :cool:

Those mutants don't know the difference! Don't waste your time trying to educate them...

Where you could say day...
they will tell you it's night..

It's always the same..
its' just a shame..
That's all..
that's all.

:star:

it's all clear now!!!!!:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

illone

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a chance to make it to the big dance the same as the Skins do.

Luckily the game is played on the field, where it counts, and not in here. If you went to either forum you'd find posters who are willing to hoist the trophy before training camp. Same can be said for posters who understand nothing has been won or lost yet.

Cowboys have as much chance as any other team. I think the article just suggests the Skins are closer right now than the Cowboys based on last years performance and this years free agency/draft. That doesn't change anything that could/will happen when the game is played. The team that PLAYS the best on Sunday, wins.

Who cares about some lame article anyways?

1fisher

Reaction score
illone said:

Luckily the game is played on the field, where it counts, and not in here. If you went to either forum you'd find posters who are willing to hoist the trophy before training camp. Same can be said for posters who understand nothing has been won or lost yet.

Cowboys have as much chance as any other team. I think the article just suggests the Skins are closer right now than the Cowboys based on last years performance and this years free agency/draft. That doesn't change anything that could/will happen when the game is played. The team that PLAYS the best on Sunday, wins.

some homers certainly do!:eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
illone said:

Well, based on the fact that 4 of the first 5 responses were from Skins fans I'd say your contemporaries do.

They saw an immediate sleight of Clinton Portis and a couple of them had to bring up Cowboys fans expectation even though the thread wasn't even about that.

It's called insecurity.

Oh, and it wasn't an article, it was a Q & A or chat.

illone

Reaction score
Hostile said:
They saw an immediate sleight of Clinton Portis and a couple of them had to bring up Cowboys fans expectation even though the thread wasn't even about that.

You are correct. The thread was initially about skins fans and their imagination.:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
illone said:
You are correct. The thread was initially about skins fans and their imagination.:rolleyes:
Oh brother. I swear too many of you guys need your hand held while reading.

You read the thread title and jump to conclusions that are off base and you cling to them like a life preserver.

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
Personally, I LOVE to imagine the Skins winning the SB. It's one of my favorite things. I also like to dream of them in the SB. Oftentimes I'll fantasize about them winning the SB.

It's what gets me through the summer. :)

1fisher

Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
Personally, I LOVE to imagine the Skins winning the SB. It's one of my favorite things. I also like to dream of them in the SB. Oftentimes I'll fantasize about them winning the SB.
JohnLockesGhost said:

your fantasies scare me!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:

Nothing wrong with this. Just try to be of sterner stuff when others aren't on board with your nightmares...err dreams. These guys and their instant hurt feelings are boring.

illone

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Oh brother. I swear too many of you guys need your hand held while reading.

You read the thread title and jump to conclusions that are off base and you cling to them like a life preserver.

Oh brother, here we go again. I post one thing you don't agree with and all of a sudden I need my hand held and am clinging to off base conclusions like a life preserver.

Spare me the bullcrap.

The least you could do is ATTEMPT to banter with me intelligently rather than try to correct a silly mistake like calling this an article rather than a Q&A.

1fisher

Reaction score
[QUOTE=Hostile]Oh brother. I swear too many of you guys need your hand held while reading.

You read the thread title and jump to conclusions that are off base and you cling to them like a life preserver.[/QUOTE]

:laugh2:

anytime they see something regarding the skins they get bent out of shape... this is a COWBOY mb... do they expect us to pour out praises on them?:banghead:

1fisher

Reaction score
illone said:
Oh brother, here we go again. I post one thing you don't agree with and all of a sudden I need my hand held and am clinging to off base conclusions like a life preserver.

Spare me the bullcrap.

The least you could do is ATTEMPT to banter with me intelligently rather than try to correct a silly mistake like calling this an article rather than a Q&A.

are you going to run back to ES and tell them what a bunch of homers we are???