News: OBJ missing opener possibly more?

stiletto

Reaction score
I think the prevailing thinking over the years has been a jump to 18...pretty much always goes in two's...12 (1960) to 14 (thru 1977) to 16 (current)...etc.

I would think another BYE week for each team would be a good compromise with a 17 game schedule. Start a week sooner. End a week later. No big deal. Players get paid, we get another real game. Extra rest built in for the players.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I would think another BYE week for each team would be a good compromise with a 17 game schedule. Start a week sooner. End a week later. No big deal. Players get paid, we get another real game. Extra rest built in for the players.
I think the schedule remains the same with the trade off would be with pre-season games converting to regular season...since the league absurdly charges same price for both.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you're right and he plays on a tender ankle. Easier to roll it again and he'd be out for even longer.
oh-snap-gif-1.gif

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not me. I hope its serious. I don't care about him. Just like Giants fans are happy for Zeke being suspended. I'm happy for OBJ being injured. Frankly, I can't stand him.
Thank you! I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt this way. Football is about advantages. And with OBJ, we could gain a huge advantage. I wouldn't mind seeing Eli go down also

ghst187

Reaction score
Sorry he's one player I absolutely cannot stand. Hope he misses the rest of his career, after he cripples the NYG cap with a mega contract they can't get out of.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I want him to play opening night. It won't make a difference to us as we are going to pound this bums. He will play don't by this media nonsense that he can be out that long.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think the schedule remains the same with the trade off would be with pre-season games converting to regular season...since the league absurdly charges same price for both.
The really cool part of the
" stiletto concept*" of the league going to an odd number of games per season makes it so no team runs a middle of the road .500,,, that would be interesting as it would be changing the dynamics completely on how franchises approach the season in terms of it being successful,,, I know I was stuck in limbo with 3 .500 seasons on just what to think (other than it wasn't losing but it wasn't winning eithero_O)

cej757

Reaction score
She'll be ready by week 1. ESPN drama at it's best.

They're calling it a High ankle sprain. He really could miss about a month of action if he's dealing with a high ankle sprain. Those things are tough to come back from.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys and their players will be responsible for being fully prepared to win, come what may. Odell Beckham is but one WR who could pose a threat to us if he's able to play. They have others who are extremely capable of offering outstanding play. Our secondary will be sorely tested. Let's hope they're fully prepared to stop whomever shows up to compete.

Last edited:

Hailmary

Reaction score
Here's a thought. There's been talk that obj would insure himself for $100 mil if an extension can't be agreed upon before the start of the regular season. How long will the paperwork for something like that take? If it takes a little while for it to take effect, I can see obj using this injury as a reason to sit out (even if he's healthy) until the paperwork is finalized.

Pants

Reaction score
What a joke, IMO, this is yet another way for beckham to get MORE attention...can't stand divas...he likely plays and then he can come out and proclaim himself the GOAT....but, can you imagine if he and the two WRs are out? puss-face Eli with no receivers and zero running game?

Mara is not pleased that his master plan may back-fire on him