OBJ says his reported asking price isn't true

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He seemed fine with that 20 mil rumor out there till there wasn’t any interest and no friends or fans in the media saying he’s worth it. As stated earlier in the thread, he shows us who he is. He prioritizes PR and perception which ironically, for the right price makes him a perfect fit.

The fastest way to really getting paid what he wants, is to jump into a 1 year deal and kill it, and get his last deal and payday after that. Instead, he wants the payday first, and then prove he’s worth it. No thanks.

Adreme

Reaction score
It’s hilarious too because he tweeted that he didn’t want to negotiate over social media when Jerry said he thought obj was joining lol
Yes but at the same time, I get that he has to refute false reports about him.

exciter

Reaction score
JuJu just signed for 11m and OBJ at 50% is more than JuJu ever has been.
Lol, so some team overpaid some guy, we should drastically overpay Junior who’s coming off back to back ACL tears and hasn’t eclipsed 600 yards receiving since 2019? Brilliant!!!

Adreme

Reaction score
Hes also 26 years old. Odds are he's got a couple more seasons left. OBJ on the tail end. He's done been paid.
If OBJ is half what he was before the injury that is better than JuJu has ever been. If not for getting to play with Mahomes JuJu likely is stuck with a 3-5m deal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am pretty confident Jerry told him to see what his market is and come back to him. The market is telling us 11 million a season and he wants more then that, Cowboys would be foolish to pay more, if another team won't do the same.
+1 but I'm going a step further and saying G-money could be the issue.

Adreme

Reaction score
Lol, so some team overpaid some guy, we should drastically overpay Junior who’s coming off back to back ACL tears and hasn’t eclipsed 600 yards receiving since 2019? Brilliant!!!
If I told you were getting a player who was the best player on a Super Bowl run who was on his way to MVP for 12-14m per year that is a bargain. If not for said ACL tear he likely is getting 20-22m which is why you get him cheaper: far higher upside than any other WR in the 10-15m but larger risk.