OBJ says his reported asking price isn't true

exciter

Reaction score
If I told you were getting a player who was the best player on a Super Bowl run who was on his way to MVP for 12-14m per year that is a bargain. If not for said ACL tear he likely is getting 20-22m which is why you get him cheaper: far higher upside than any other WR in the 10-15m but larger risk.
Lol… No! If not for the ACL tear he would probably be out of the league by now as he was in obvious decline even before the injury and and that’s not even taking into consideration his other issues. With his ego (even now) he wouldn’t sign a reasonable contract and no one with the ability to use simple basic reasoning skills would sign him for more than 3-4m, much less 22m!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I am pretty confident Jerry told him to see what his market is and come back to him. The market is telling us 11 million a season and he wants more then that, Cowboys would be foolish to pay more, if another team won't do the same.

In the end we will

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's really asking for 19 million, these media outlets are reckless with their 20 million reporting. :)

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’s high maintenance and it clearly turns teams off. Not to mention he’s a serious injury risk. Why would you offer any guaranteed money to a guy like that? 4-5 million seems a reasonable gamble. He unfortunately (for him) needs to prove himself again.

That being said I think he’ll eventually get 7-8 million per over 2-3 years.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
So Stephen was willing to break his piggy bank for obj to the tune of 4 million. And you all say Stevie boy is cheap.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I’m sure be all seen his post by now. He deserves 10 million ish.
10 mil based on what, in the last three seasons he's played a total of 21 games and scored 8 td's...He's played one full season since 2016....This guy would be lucky to get a 5 million with incentives on a one year prove it deal, there's no way I'd give him a long term contract at 10 mil a season who can't stay healthy and has proven time and time again that he's a malcontent......He's just not worth the headache!

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
10 mil based on what, in the last three seasons he's played a total of 21 games and scored 8 td's...He's played one full season since 2016....This guy would be lucky to get a 5 million with incentives on a one year prove it deal, there's no way I'd give him a long term contract at 10 mil a season who can't stay healthy and has proven time and time again that he's a malcontent......
He’s trying to live off his one crazy catch.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He’s high maintenance and it clearly turns teams off. Not to mention he’s a serious injury risk. Why would you offer any guaranteed money to a guy like that? 4-5 million seems a reasonable gamble. He unfortunately (for him) needs to prove himself again.

That being said I think he’ll eventually get 7-8 million per over 2-3 years.
Explain how he is a serious injury risk?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
10 mil based on what, in the last three seasons he's played a total of 21 games and scored 8 td's...He's played one full season since 2016....This guy would be lucky to get a 5 million with incentives on a one year prove it deal, there's no way I'd give him a long term contract at 10 mil a season who can't stay healthy and has proven time and time again that he's a malcontent......He's just not worth the headache!
10 million to cover the cost of his ego.

Reactions: CWR