Twitter: OBJ Wants 20 Million a year per ESPN

jrumann59

Reaction score
Someone at ESPN left their finger on the "0" key 1/2 second too long....:muttley:

Verdict

Reaction score
He can suck on balut juice.
Yeah. Paying OBJ that would be a monumental mistake. Lol.

I’m thinking the rest of this year on a prove it deal. Anything more than that and I would say NO to OBJ.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
This should give people here a good reality check. Especially in the context of the dumber and dumber by the day looking Cooper deal, this front office has done.

Especially all those "oh for 5 mill a year we'd take him, but only for one" calls b the experts here were funny if not ridiculous.

Even if he only wants 15 or ten million... there simply was no reason to let Cooper go this way if they were serious about a SB run this year. And even worse, for what they got for him.

And if you call that deal "massaging the cap" then Jerry and Steven run the worst massage parlor on the planet.

This only proves that they were caught with their pants down by how good the youngsters are performing this year and want to correct their mistake with Amari now. Because the only way, this deal makes sense is if they thought we're in a rebuilding phase and had no shot at the title anyway.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. What a complete moron.

I was worried that 5 mil might be too much.
Yeah he may have priced himself out of a job. this season would only be partial, like 1/3 at most, so wonder if he wants 20 mil for that too?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This should give people here a good reality check. Especially in the context of the dumber and dumber by the day looking Cooper deal, this front office has done.

Especially all those "oh for 5 mill a year we'd take him, but only for one" calls b the experts here were funny if not ridiculous.

Even if he only wants 15 or ten million... there simply was no reason to let Cooper go this way if they were serious about a SB run this year. And even worse, for what they got for him.

And if you call that deal "massaging the cap" then Jerry and Steven run the worst massage parlor on the planet.

This only proves that they were caught with their pants down by how good the youngsters are performing this year and want to correct their mistake with Amari now. Because the only way, this deal makes sense is if they thought we're in a rebuilding phase and had no shot at the title anyway.
the jones boys like their guys lol.
They thought lamb would light it up as a # 1 and then the young guys and rookies would be better.
Washington was their cheap FA signing.

Flamma

Reaction score
An agents job description isn’t to be rational. He’s asking for the moon as he should. The end result is likely something much more workable for everyone.

Did Gallup ask for 20M a year? Usually your asking price is a ballpark figure. Not meant to be outrageous. Or else Tony Pollard might as well ask for 20M.

Spotrac has his market value at 13M. He's probably shooting for around 13-15M per year.

ghst187

Reaction score
Well since we wouldn’t pay Amari that much…..
I’m sure Stephen was ready to offer vet minimum

plymkr

Reaction score
Don't see us coughing up that kind of dough, folks.
Time to move on....
I want him but not for that price. Goodbye OBJ, good luck to you.

On a completely unrelated topic if they pay him that any good feelings I had towards our front office the past 2 months would quickly disappear. They could have kept Cooper for that and Cooper is not coming off of 2 ACLs. I know Cooper and Dak had some disagreement and the front office was mad at Cooper but suck it up buttercups. We all have to work with people we have disagreements with. If they sign OBJ to a Cooper contract with OBJs recent history of injuries then they're plain stupid.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't see us coughing up that kind of dough, folks.
Time to move on....

Correct. Returning 100% from a 2nd serious ACL surgery is seldom assured. What a guy wants and gets don't necessarily match.

Jerry and Stephen love to "play the game" but when it comes to closing the deal on difficult negotiations, they often don't succeed.

Seems as though they tend to relish the idea of putting forth the hype to please the fans, but the truth has a way of being exposed.

Last edited:

rynochop

Reaction score
This just isn't the type of move the Jones' make, even at a reasonable salary. He probably gets a quad strain or something in his 2nd game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. What a complete moron.

I was worried that 5 mil might be too much.

Exactly -- that's more than likely what this FO is about to propose. Even then, it might turn out be more than he's worth.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I was only interested if they rented him for DEC and the playoffs anyway- was more against them signing him long-term than any $ amount really

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So, five pages long and we still haven’t seen a link?

Here’s what I found on ESPN:

“Beckham wants to play for a contender, and league sources are predicting that his eventual compensation package could be similar on a prorated basis to some of the free agent deals signed last offseason by fellow wide receivers such as Chris Godwin and Mike Williams, each of whom makes an average of $20 million per year.”

1. That’s “league sources” speculating; and
2. That’s a pro-rated figure

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35012972/sources-odell-beckham-jr-hopes-sign-end-november