Twitter: OBJ Wants 20 Million a year per ESPN

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
so what do you all expect him to say? Hey teams.... im looking for a 3 year 6 million dollar deal?
Thats what he wants, doesnt mean that is what hell get. You think there is a team out there willing to pay him that kind of money? This reminds me of when Dallas wanted to sign Dak and Dak didnt want to sign. Everyone slammed Jerry for not signing him sooner.......
Since I dont se any team signing him for that...... negotiations will happen.

SO the real question is what do you think he is worth or can get from someone?
At what point do you cross the line from being willing to pay to saying Id pass? 10 million? 12? 14?
Id do a 3 year deal worth 42 million if I was sure his health was 100% BUT, remember that the Bills somehow managed to over pay Von Miller like crazy going for Broke... so honestly.... our time is right now, go for it and get it done.... but not 20 per.
He will get max 14m a yr but not from us

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It also says in that article prorated for the amount of games left this season it’s actually around 5m

There's more to the contract:
Should Beckham sign for the final six games of the season, his prorated salary would be around $5 million for the year. Like the other five teams (New York Giants, Buffalo Bills, San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs), the Cowboys can afford to do that cap-wise. And they can also afford to do $20 million APY for the next "three or four years,'' a stated Beckham contractual goal.​

5mil prorated *this* year *and* 20mil for the next 3 or 4 years.

It's ludicrous if any of that future money is guaranteed.

The 20mil target really hurts, as that is what Cooper was making. They'll look like fools for trading in Cooper for a washed up OBJ *for the same money*.

If the future money is *not* guaranteed, then it's just a fig leaf over him making 5mil this year.

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No...It's gonna come down to how many games can he play? No one is gonna give him more than a one year deal....and it's gonna be prorated.

he’s gonna get a deal for the games this year and next year. And it’s already be specified it’s going to be pro rated…..read the article

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Really? you don't think teams look at an agent and how difficult he has been and not take that into consideration.

OBJ is NOT a critical need for ANYONE. You do get that, right?

Little things have serious impact.

Teams do not want to get into long involved talks in the middle of the season; they want it now and to be blunt OBJ is simply not that big a deal

you can’t tell me he’s not a big deal when he’s all over espn everyday and the best teams in the league are after him

Proof

Reaction score
Someone threw out 10-11 mil and that was too much.

In the real world, when you ask for exorbitant salaries you lose ground, not to mention looking like a fool.

that’s gallup money and probably decent value for him honestly. 20 mil is more than i’d want Dallas to pay but it’s not exorbitant considering the wr market.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Correct. Returning 100% from a 2nd serious ACL surgery is seldom assured. What a guy wants and gets don't necessarily match.

Jerry and Stephen love to "play the game" but when it comes to closing the deal on difficult negotiations, they often don't succeed.

Seems as though they tend to relish the idea of putting forth the hype to please the fans, but the truth has a way of being exposed.
Truth

jnday

Reaction score
Don't see us coughing up that kind of dough, folks.
Time to move on.....

Stephen’s ideal of going “all in” does not include signing any WR to a $20 million a year contract. They had one WR with a big contract and made themselves look like incompetent idiots in their rush to get him off of the roster. I don’t think they will sign another one.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
He’s worth 10 max

anyone paying for a injured wide receiver past his prime deserves the misery they get

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I also read he's asking for a multi year deal. He's just not in touch with reality.