Offense sustainable?

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I think it is sustainable but a few things need to happen imo.

(1) Dak needs to improve.

Dak needs to become a better pocket passer and i'm fully convinced now that he will and can. The disappointing thing to me is his foot mechanics still seem horrible when even slightly pressured which makes his accuracy suffer. Hard to understand how this is not fixed after two and a half seasons. That alone will help alot.

His reads need to improve but that will happen with time and exposure. As much as Dak gets blasted here, folks seem to not realize Romo had the same problems the first half of his career. He missed reads, took too long in the pocket. Same stuff. Romo was more accurate and had better footwork but tried to look for the big play too much (nearly never taking the check-down underneath stuff), which forced alot of unneeded mistakes (often too much to overcome)

Dak on the other hand has taken the underneath stuff alot, but until recently has failed to push the ball down the field with certain looks (outside his first year). The good thing is,a he has been as of late, and largely accurately. If that continues, it's a good thing because that will help him continue not giving the ball up (which alone puts us in good position to win ganes), while at the same time not allowing the defense to cheat up..

(2) The O-line needs to have consistency.

(3) Someone is going to have to step up on the outside at wide receiver if they start taking away Beasely again. My money is on Gallup from what I have observed. Not sure if he is "ready", but he appears to me to be the only guy that can win contested balls, or Butler if he gets in the field.

(4) Yes I think they need to keep utilizing Dak's legs, but regardless.. that (1) thing still needs to happen. Defenses are at times going to take that away as well.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If we play to our strengths and continue to hit on draft picks, we might sniff a championship in a year or two...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Prolly not... They will have Dak trying to be a pocket passer again next week...
This team seriously needs some new coaches...
If this coaching staff is smart , they should ride the wave until opponents scheme to stop that and have a couple of breakout plays when they do that.
Like using Bease always with another receiver in the same side and run break-ins / outs as develops ,for all I care run pick routes allday , refs call that seldom ...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It's good to have Dak running more as that is his strength, but what people need to realize is that teams will adjust to that as well.

Best case scenario teams start to spy Dak and maybe that helps the running and passing game a bit, worst case scenario this play style gets Dak hurt.

In reality, a QB, especially in 2018, needs to be able to pass the ball in this league.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's good to have Dak running more as that is his strength, but what people need to realize is that teams will adjust to that as well.

Best case scenario teams start to spy Dak and maybe that helps the running and passing game a bit, worst case scenario this play style gets Dak hurt.

In reality, a QB, especially in 2018, needs to be able to pass the ball in this league.
A QB since the 60's needs to be able to pass the ball in this league. A prolific running QB has never won a super bowl.