Offensive Line Rankings via PFF

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
And yet we can't run when we want to or pass protect when we want to. The Cowboys have two or three good individual performers, but this line as a unit hasn't been anywhere near top five in anything. Is PFF just averaging individual player grades? What is that supposed to prove?

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
And yet we can't run when we want to or pass protect when we want to. The Cowboys have two or three good individual performers, but this line as a unit hasn't been anywhere near top five in anything. Is PFF just averaging individual player grades? What is that supposed to prove?
It's pretty obvious teams are stacking to box to take away our run game. San Francisco pretty much told the world this last week.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
There are PFF grades and then there are real results. Tyler Smith has been awesome this year. So has Tyron Smith; at least when he's been out there. Terence Steele has been bad, especially with penalties. Zack Martin has been banged up and not been himself. And center has been shaky with Biadasz in and out of the lineup.

If we think this Cowboys o-line is on the same level as the Eagles and 49ers based on PFF's grades I think we're making a big mistake.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate. And not sure if they are bottom BECAUSE they played our defense, but 2 of our 3 defensive dominance wins were against alleged league's worst offensive lines. And the 3rd was against arguable the worst starting QB last year. (Jets)
Wait til the play us. PFF will have to invent a 33rd place

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
There are PFF grades and then there are real results. Tyler Smith has been awesome this year. So has Tyron Smith; at least when he's been out there. Terence Steele has been bad, especially with penalties. Zack Martin has been banged up and not been himself. And center has been shaky with Biadasz in and out of the lineup.

If we think this Cowboys o-line is on the same level as the Eagles and 49ers based on PFF's grades I think we're making a big mistake.
I think this is the danger of just listing out 1-5 and not breaking it down into tiers. I think what we are seeing is that Dallas just may have a top 5 OL in the league, but there seems to be a pretty large gap between teams 1-2 and teams 3-5. OL play around the league is simply not good overall.

gtb1943

Reaction score
No no now pff will not mean anything because those guys are geeks who don’t know anything about football. Get with the program. LOL just wait AC will be blasting you.
I feel sorry for anyone that takes PFF ratings seriously.