Offensive Line Rankings via PFF

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Straight from NFL.com...

Dak was pressured on 37% of his dropbacks. That's QB pressure on over 1/3rd of his pass attempts. Add in the 3 sacks, receivers not getting open and the Oline unable to get the running game going (57 total rushing yards on 17 attempts for a paltry 3.3 yards/carry), yeah, shows how idiotic PFF sounds by stating the Cowboys Oline finished Top 5 in Week 5. What a joke.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-5-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

starfan1

Reaction score
Oh yah, they were fantastic. All those huge holes in the run game. Amazing stuff.

Defense wasnt the problem too right? 42 points, TD's everytime. Extending drives with penalties.

Scheme was great. Receivers were open everywhere.
You can’t take lightly the team you are playing. Using San Fran as a measuring stick may not be the best way they stop every one in their tracks

Not sure what’s going on with run game but pollard is pollard minus the splash plays.

Last year he’d get stopped and stopped then bust a big one hence his average was higher than this year. He’ll get it together

Sunday was a train wreck across the board I won’t use it as a measuring stick now if it continues then there’s cause for meltdowns

Sydla

Reaction score
Hmm I thought are line was the problem. Or was it the receivers Wait it’s the tight ends. Or was it the running backs. I lost track
wbhhoyj2yj3arj67smtu

gtb1943

Reaction score
Straight from NFL.com...

Dak was pressured on 37% of his dropbacks. That's QB pressure on over 1/3rd of his pass attempts. Add in the 3 sacks, receivers not getting open and the Oline unable to get the running game going (57 total rushing yards on 17 attempts for a paltry 3.3 yards/carry), yeah, shows how idiotic PFF sounds by stating the Cowboys Oline finished Top 5 in Week 5. What a joke.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-5-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games
THAT means almost 2/3 of the time he was NOT pressured does it not?
The Dak Fanboobs are sometimes so ridiculous. Dak had his share of the blame just as he has the OTHER TWO TIMES he was up against SF and stank it up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can’t take lightly the team you are playing. Using San Fran as a measuring stick may not be the best way they stop every one in their tracks

Not sure what’s going on with run game but pollard is pollard minus the splash plays.

Last year he’d get stopped and stopped then bust a big one hence his average was higher than this year. He’ll get it together

Sunday was a train wreck across the board I won’t use it as a measuring stick now if it continues then there’s cause for meltdowns
It was the measuring stick we all wanted to see. Complete failure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
While that’s true it’s still early .
Early for what? So far through 5 games the run game is bad. Offense is bad. Defense is talented with no heart. Scheme is terrible. MM is a failure so far at play calling. Dak looks old. Pollard
Looks old. Safeties look old. Oline looks
Old.

starfan1

Reaction score
Early for what? So far through 5 games the run game is bad. Offense is bad. Defense is talented with no heart. Scheme is terrible. MM is a failure so far at play calling. Dak looks old. Pollard
Looks old. Safeties look old. Oline looks
Old.
So you tossing in the towel in week 5? :laugh:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, how long does the offensive line need to hold their blocks before inept finds a wide, wide-open receiver? poor ole dak, no blockers, receivers, coaches, and anything else you can think of. How does this guy make it through a game?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you tossing in the towel in week 5? :laugh:
This team isnt winning the SB. Whatever small shot we had, yah thats over. Unless there are some major injuries to teams like SF, Eagles, KC, ect....ect...

HungryLion

Reaction score
You’re blind! The pass protection was mediocre at best and the run blocking was terrible! AND the play design sucked!
No I’m not blind. I didn’t say they were perfect. I’m saying they were good enough against an amazing defensive front.

The one issue I will point out has been Terrence Steele. Yet again our front office rushed somebody back from an ACL tear, relied on them being ready to start week 1. Just like they did with Gallup.

starfan1

Reaction score
This team isnt winning the SB. Whatever small shot we had, yah thats over. Unless there are some major injuries to teams like SF, Eagles, KC, ect....ect...
I’d like them to win the SB but it doesn’t hamper my ability to follow them. I’m not a SB or bust fan but you’re right injuries can happen that can change the landscape of things

If AJ Brown or hurts or even swift goes down Philly is beatable heck they are beatable now

If nick bosa and or Warner goes down that’s a different team but you’re right they both are more talented than us

Our margin of error is slim

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Ah............so we should forgive the entire teams meltdown because we played the niners?

4.2 ypc is on the year after 5 games. The run game has been less than stellar the whole time.

Redzone offense is a mess. Gotta be able to run the ball down there. Oline isnt doing their job. Before it was missing multiple starters. What is the excuse last week with all 5? Niners?
We played 1 game with all starters and all starters have been injured or coming off of an injury. Line is fine.