Offensive Line Rankings via PFF

starfan1

Reaction score
Im happy that your pleasantly surprised. For me the Oline issues are worse than even I thought. I thought we would at least have some kind of a run game. We have none. Thought the 5 starters would open up holes. They didnt.

Glad our enjoying yourself. Personally I am done with this current team and coaching. Needs big changes.
the back ups have played better than i expected Pollard up until last week was 5th in the league rushing. dowdle has done ok. Its only game 5 no need to throw in the towel just yet but Sunday was terrible. If your basing the whole season on sunday then I can see why you feel that way but they wont play that bad all the time and i still see them winning at least 10 which should get us in the playoffs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the back ups have played better than i expected Pollard up until last week was 5th in the league rushing. dowdle has done ok. Its only game 5 no need to throw in the towel just yet but Sunday was terrible. If your basing the whole season on sunday then I can see why you feel that way but they wont play that bad all the time and i still see them winning at least 10 which should get us in the playoffs
Bass in the only guy playing better than expected. Stop with the leading rushing nonsense. thats about volume of carries.

YPC is the indicator and our entire team averages 4 ypc. Did you like the run game on Sunday night?

The entire 5 games have been underwhelming with this entire offense and scheme.

starfan1

Reaction score
you guys will be back after we beat the Chargers. The SF game will be called a fluke, the Super Bowl is back on and dak is top 5 and we have the best defense in the NFL.....and the offensive line is top 3... go Cowboys...HOw bout dem cowboys.........
they should beat LA but honestly thers nothing wrong with being optomistic. Versus being pessimistic. in terms of Super bowl that may be abit optomistic but what happens if Philly loses AJ brown or Hurt. What If Nick Bosa goes down or fred warner and maybe a offensive star its not over till its over

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
they should beat LA but honestly thers nothing wrong with being optomistic. Versus being pessimistic. in terms of Super bowl that may be abit optomistic but what happens if Philly loses AJ brown or Hurt. What If Nick Bosa goes down or fred warner and maybe a offensive star its not over till its over
they are nothing wrong with being optimistic.

starfan1

Reaction score
Bass in the only guy playing better than expected. Stop with the leading rushing nonsense. thats about volume of carries.

YPC is the indicator and our entire team averages 4 ypc. Did you like the run game on Sunday night?

The entire 5 games have been underwhelming with this entire offense and scheme.
Edoga had beeen playing well too.Pollard has the 9th most carries in league which isnt outrageous and has 4.2 yards not spectacular not horrible. duece vaughn probably brings down team average. they didnt run a ton sunday because the defense couldnt stop anyone

Look if yall want to drop into everything is horrible mode then so be it.Its game 5 ill wait. Dak is regressing though and i think any fan can see that if they open their eyes. doesnt mean that things cant end well doesnt mean it will either

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Edoga had beeen playing well too.Pollard has the 9th most carries in league which isnt outrageous and has 4.2 yards not spectacular not horrible. duece vaughn probably brings down team average. they didnt run a ton sunday because the defense couldnt stop anyone

Look if yall want to drop into everything is horrible mode then so be it.Its game 5 ill wait. Dak is regressing though and i think any fan can see that if they open their eyes. doesnt mean that things cant end well doesnt mean it will either
Edoga sucks and has been playing terrible. Vaughn gets tackled behind the line like most of our backs.

hate to break it to you but 4.2 is not good

But Im glad your happy. LOL

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There are PFF grades and then there are real results. Tyler Smith has been awesome this year. So has Tyron Smith; at least when he's been out there. Terence Steele has been bad, especially with penalties. Zack Martin has been banged up and not been himself. And center has been shaky with Biadasz in and out of the lineup.

If we think this Cowboys o-line is on the same level as the Eagles and 49ers based on PFF's grades I think we're making a big mistake.
The offensive line has been good this season. If you pay attention to the San Francisco game they were not the problem. To be honest they held up well against Arizona. Offensive line was far from the problem.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offensive line has been good this season. If you pay attention to the San Francisco game they were not the problem. To be honest they held up well against Arizona. Offensive line was far from the problem.
Oh yah, they were fantastic. All those huge holes in the run game. Amazing stuff.

Defense wasnt the problem too right? 42 points, TD's everytime. Extending drives with penalties.

Scheme was great. Receivers were open everywhere.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Oline is one of many problems.
If you think the offensive line is a problem I don’t know what we can do for you. I will admit I would be for drafting a first round left tackle next offseason but you can’t do much better then the two Tylers, Martin, and Steele. Tyron has been ok as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you think the offensive line is a problem I don’t know what we can do for you. I will admit I would be for drafting a first round left tackle next offseason but you can’t do much better then the two Tylers, Martin, and Steele. Tyron has been ok as well.
So how come there was nowhere to run Sunday night? And how come our run game is averaging 4.2 ypc on the year?

You do know that run blocking is half the job correct?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Roy is right. You and the rest of the Dak haters are wrong. So is PFF.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So how come there was nowhere to run Sunday night? And how come our run game is averaging 4.2 ypc on the year?

You do know that run blocking is half the job correct?
It’s one game with the starters against a top 5 defense. Teams can stop the run if you can’t pass the ball to back them off the line of scrimmage. Playing from behind didn’t help either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s one game with the starters against a top 5 defense. Teams can stop the run if you can’t pass the ball to back them off the line of scrimmage. Playing from behind didn’t help either.
Ah............so we should forgive the entire teams meltdown because we played the niners?

4.2 ypc is on the year after 5 games. The run game has been less than stellar the whole time.

Redzone offense is a mess. Gotta be able to run the ball down there. Oline isnt doing their job. Before it was missing multiple starters. What is the excuse last week with all 5? Niners?

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is where I think PFF is full of it. Did they take Sunday night in to the grade.
I think the protection was good against the niners. That’s about as goood as it’s gonna get against a D line as good as San Fran.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And yet we can't run when we want to or pass protect when we want to. The Cowboys have two or three good individual performers, but this line as a unit hasn't been anywhere near top five in anything. Is PFF just averaging individual player grades? What is that supposed to prove?
Nothing! Unless you have an agenda.

The O line DID NOT perform like a top 5 line vs the Whiners.

Dak played terrible.
The O line played terrible.
The Offensive play design was terrible.
The officials were dog shi_!