Offensive Line will be a factor

NotForLong

Reaction score
I realize the group as it is today will be upgraded in some way through the draft. This unit will potentially be the weakest Offensive Line Dak has ever had to play behind

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year. Knowing the amount of time Dak requires and how he collapses under pressure this is looking like a long season

It could potentially cut His asking price in half. Not to mention a Young Line learning benefits a young QB who has a pair of wheels. . . Just saying

It is gonna be a long season for Dak

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I realize the group as it is today will be upgraded in some way through the draft. This unit will potentially be the weakest Offensive Line Dak has ever had to play behind

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year. Knowing the amount of time Dak requires and how he collapses under pressure this is looking like a long season

It could potentially cut His asking price in half. Not to mention a Young Line learning benefits a young QB who has a pair of wheels. . . Just saying

The upgrade for the offensive line will come with running the football. Tyrone was not the dominant run blocker that he used to be. I think the left tackle they draft will be the best run blocker of the tackles that are left.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Next year is a wasted year.

I don’t care.

I wish we could trade Dak and move on now.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
I think it's kinda hard to say at this point. They could easily be a weak unit, but with a couple of high draft picks that hit the ground running much like Zach Martin and Fred Beard they could also be a pretty good unit. But the gurus could also pick a TE and an injured punter instead, so there's that. Lol

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

Yes, absolutely! He's been pampered most of his career. We like to complain about the line, but statistically, it's been one of the best most of his career. Unless they strike gold in the draft, I have a really hard time believing this one will hold up as well as previous units. How does Dak process the field with less time to think? This season could make him the richest man in football, it could cost him a ton of cash.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year.
I've been saying this at least since the Jets signed Tyron.

Gone from the offense - Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, Gallup. No oline. No RB. It's all on Dak.

Dak can play in the middle of a depleted offense, or ok a trade.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I've been saying this at least since the Jets signed Tyron.

Gone from the offense - Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, Gallup. No oline. No RB. It's all on Dak.

Dak can play in the middle of a depleted offense, or ok a trade.
The notion that Jerry Jones can bully or threaten Dak Prescott is silly. Last time Jerry took a hardline approach with France he got mowed down. Dak will show up for the team regardless of circumstances. He’ll play behind whatever line the teams puts out there. Lots of quarterbacks play behind comparatively poor offensive lines. Dak can, too. One more season and he’s free to go. He’s probably counting the days.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The notion that Jerry Jones can bully or threaten Dak Prescott is silly. Last time Jerry took a hardline approach with France he got mowed down. Dak will show up for the team regardless of circumstances. He’ll play behind whatever line the teams puts out there. Lots of quarterbacks play behind comparatively poor offensive lines. Dak can, too. One more season and he’s free to go. He’s probably counting the days.
Good point.

The line will still have two all-pros in Martin and Smith and almost a given at this point a 1st round pick.

2 all-pros and a 1st rounder is still better than what half the QBs in the league have, but yeah, Dak is going to have to take some hits this season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can pretend that there are no costs to Dak playing out his contract year behind a depleted offense.

Players would generally disagree with you. They don't like the injury risk of still playing a contract year. And coming off one of his best seasons, Dak shouldn't like the relative performance risk lining up for him this year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The upgrade for the offensive line will come with running the football. Tyrone was not the dominant run blocker that he used to be. I think the left tackle they draft will be the best run blocker of the tackles that are left.
Except we still have scrub RBs.

And our new LT1 is still unknown.

And C1 also.

Sydla

Reaction score
I feel like we’ve heard this before. LOL.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think it will be much different than last year's line if it stays as is. My only real question is Hoffman. Seemed ok but not enough sample size. Couldn't be worse than biadesz.

Carson

Reaction score
Except we still have scrub RBs.

And our new LT1 is still unknown.

And C1 also.
Tyler Smith had a +70 rating his rookie year at LT. He will be in his third year and mor experienced and improved. It’s not HOF Tyron but it’s solid.

Barton or JPJ is a massive upgrade over Biadasz.

People quit hyping Pollard like it’s the pollard of two years ago. The Miami game? Barely hit 1000 yards in 17 games with 3.9 YPC. He was equal to guys like Devin Singletary and Chubba Hubbard. He was slow, not effective and didn’t break the tough tackles when needed.

I am more concerned about the DT and LBs.

Offense still has Dak, Lamb, Cooks, Fergy, Smith, Martin and at worst is a top 10 offense

morasp

Reaction score
There is a strong possibility it will be better than last season.

In not specific order:

--Biadasz got pushed around
--Tyler's flexibility gives them some latitude with who they draft
--Steele got better as year progressed making me think he was still recovering from his injury
-- The team has a strong track record drafting offensive lineman

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyler Smith had a +70 rating his rookie year at LT. He will be in his third year and mor experienced and improved. It’s not HOF Tyron but it’s solid.
Tyron was not HOF Tyron his first year either.
Didn't make Pro Bowl til his 3rd season.
All Pro til his 4th.
Tyler's first year might have been better than Tyron's. I think they were pretty comparable in their first years.

Carson

Reaction score
I don't think it will be much different than last year's line if it stays as is. My only real question is Hoffman. Seemed ok but not enough sample size. Couldn't be worse than biadesz.
I don’t get this rueing over JAGS like Biadasz and Pollard.

Draft Graham Barton and Jaylen Wright and it’s upgraded

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There is a strong possibility it will be better than last season.

In not specific order:

--Biadasz got pushed around
--Tyler's flexibility gives them some latitude with who they draft
--Steele got better as year progressed making me think he was still recovering from his injury
-- The team has a strong track record drafting offensive lineman
Lost a 2nd Team All Pro LT and a better than average C.

We're getting worse at LT (Tyron for Tyler), LG(Tyler for ?), C(Biadasz for ?), and better at RT(Steele healthy). Overall worse.