Offensive Line will be a factor

morasp

Reaction score
Lost a 2nd Team All Pro LT and a better than average C.

We're getting worse at LT (Tyron for Tyler), LG(Tyler for ?), C(Biadasz for ?), and better at RT(Steele healthy). Overall worse.
It's extremely subjective so we'll have to see how it plays out especially since they haven't drafted anyone yet. Biadasz was the weak link in the OL last season. Tyron was good in the 13 games he played in but I've seen some who look at this sort of thing say his run blocking was weak and that was the area we wanted to get better at going into the season. If Tyler is moved to left tackle he may not be quite as good in pass pro as Tyron but in his rookie season he was well above average and his drive blocking is exceptional. Someone compared the OL to a chain that's only as good as it's weakest link so a healthier Steele who got beat a lot early on, an upgrade to Biadasz who also got beat quite a bit, and a first or second round rookie draft pick that could come in and play like Tyler his rookie season could easily be better than last years group.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I feel like we’ve heard this before. LOL.
We can disagree but you know that is their plan. They want to get that left tackle/guard to play alongside Tyler and draft an all purpose running back. The Cowboys believe that they had two weaknesses last season that Green Bay exposed. Run offense and Run defense. On defense they believe Kendricks, Fat Mazi, Overshown and Zimmer will solve the run game. The Joneses don’t believe they are blowing smoke up our azzes They really believe they have a Super Bowl level team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wish we could trade Dak!

Wah! Wah! Wah!
:facepalm:

Ugh, it's definitely going to be a looooooooooooooooooooong year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's extremely subjective so we'll have to see how it plays out especially since they haven't drafted anyone yet. Biadasz was the weak link in the OL last season. Tyron was good in the 13 games he played in but I've seen some who look at this sort of thing say his run blocking was weak and that was the area we wanted to get better at going into the season. If Tyler is moved to left tackle he may not be quite as good in pass pro as Tyron but in his rookie season he was well above average and his drive blocking is exceptional. Someone compared the OL to a chain that's only as good as it's weakest link so a healthier Steele who got beat a lot early on, an upgrade to Biadasz who also got beat quite a bit, and a first or second round rookie draft pick that could come in and play like Tyler his rookie season could easily be better than last years group.
Biadasz was not the weak link.

Dude just got 30 million.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think it's kinda hard to say at this point. They could easily be a weak unit, but with a couple of high draft picks that hit the ground running much like Zach Martin and Fred Beard they could also be a pretty good unit. But the gurus could also pick a TE and an injured punter instead, so there's that. Lol
Those players are not easy to draft.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Interesting that they want to get better at run blocking. Maybe they're deprioritizing pass blocking because they plan on going young and cheap at QB, so aren't so worried about protecting the QB.

I do like Tyler for run blocking. He moves more like an athletic fullback than an olineman. One way in which he really passed the eyeball test for me.

But your guy to replace Tyler at LG needs to be better than he was last year, not his rookie year. And Tyler was good. And G is where strength matters most, and rookies are at a disadvantage as far as strength goes. Doing better than Tyler would be hard in the first, very hard in the second.

Biadasz was a little better than average. Where's the resource to replace him?

I hope they don't spend the 1st round pick on a G. I value C more.

Even if we spend the first two picks on G and C, most likely we're worse.

And we really need some DTs too. Gallimore, Hankins gone, Mazi a disappointment last year, Osa more like a tweener.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I realize the group as it is today will be upgraded in some way through the draft. This unit will potentially be the weakest Offensive Line Dak has ever had to play behind

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year. Knowing the amount of time Dak requires and how he collapses under pressure this is looking like a long season

It could potentially cut His asking price in half. Not to mention a Young Line learning benefits a young QB who has a pair of wheels. . . Just saying

It is gonna be a long season for Dak
Well the good news is analytics tell a different story about Dak under pressure. No QB will be his best under duress, but Dak apparently did it better than other QBs.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-... numbers for,and NCAA player performance data.

But yes the oline and RB have to be the biggest concerns right now. They need an OT early that can atleast be an average performer, or possibly guard if Tyler swings out to tackle. But come draft time atleast 2 of their first 3 picks should be spent on oline and RB.

morasp

Reaction score
Interesting that they want to get better at run blocking. Maybe they're deprioritizing pass blocking because they plan on going young and cheap at QB, so aren't so worried about protecting the QB.

I do like Tyler for run blocking. He moves more like an athletic fullback than an olineman. One way in which he really passed the eyeball test for me.

But your guy to replace Tyler at LG needs to be better than he was last year, not his rookie year. And Tyler was good. And G is where strength matters most, and rookies are at a disadvantage as far as strength goes. Doing better than Tyler would be hard in the first, very hard in the second.

Biadasz was a little better than average. Where's the resource to replace him?

I hope they don't spend the 1st round pick on a G. I value C more.

Even if we spend the first two picks on G and C, most likely we're worse.

And we really need some DTs too. Gallimore, Hankins gone, Mazi a disappointment last year, Osa more like a tweener.
It will be interesting to revisit after the dust settles. Of course even after we picked Tyler Smith a lot of people thought it was a bad pick until he played. FWIW I don't concede your point on using round 1 and 2 on OL and being worse, I still think there is a strong chance we will be better. If they do move Tyler his replacement doesn't necessarily need to be better as long as he's above average and the unit as a whole is above average. For example Steele got beat quite a bit even if the other four lineman held up. They had to start giving help to his side.

In the last 3 drafts they've used 7 out of 10 of our round 1-3 picks on defense and ended up with that performance against the Packers. Taking Dak out of the equation I think it's time to spend some draft capital on the offense not matter who our QB is going to be.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Biadasz getting 30 million just confirms there’s a sucker born every minute, and that you have a division rival (with a ton of cap) that knows taking your players puts more strain on your team.

Gotta use your eyes - Biadasz was average at best.
Good luck finding another C with TBs skill set.

Odds are we end up with some scrub C on a rookie contract.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Good luck finding another C with TBs skill set.

Odds are we end up with some scrub C on a rookie contract.
Yes, yes, you’re right, we’re all going to be lamenting the loss of Tyler Biadasz’s diverse “skill set”.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I realize the group as it is today will be upgraded in some way through the draft. This unit will potentially be the weakest Offensive Line Dak has ever had to play behind

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year. Knowing the amount of time Dak requires and how he collapses under pressure this is looking like a long season

It could potentially cut His asking price in half. Not to mention a Young Line learning benefits a young QB who has a pair of wheels. . . Just saying

One of the first opportunities to judge how Dak can play under a less than stellar offensive line. He has been very fortunate to have had an offensive line where he didn't need to run around as much as his predecessor

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I don’t get this rueing over JAGS like Biadasz and Pollard.

Draft Graham Barton and Jaylen Wright and it’s upgraded
Dallas must draft well , and I believe they will .This draft must improve the run game , as your post is solid and a sound plan.Dallas must draft players to run the ball and stop the run , if they do not a bad season will result.

khiladi

Reaction score

This team isn’t going to be playing against coordinators that have no experience, like Sean Desai. And the Commanders, nobody is even sure with the new management, but they have shown they will spend and if they hit on a franchise QB, that’s another issue. The Giants per reports gave no problems moving on from Daniel Jones, though they gave him that contract.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Center maybe. It depends on who is available. If the Cowboys drafted my man Barton from Duke they might start him at left guard. I think the Cowboys like Hoffman more then the media wants to admit.
Except Hoffman is a true scrub.

Not even on an all conf team in college ball.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There are three centers in this draft that will be better than Biadasz on day one.
There is one center on the board that has the same credentials as TB.

Unanimous All American. Rimington Trophy. All Conf TM.

JPJ.

There is no way we have a chance at drafting that kid.

Hardline

Reaction score
There is one center on the board that has the same credentials as TB.

Unanimous All American. Rimington Trophy. All Conf TM.

JPJ.

There is no way we have a chance at drafting that kid.
You way overvalue TB.
JPJ,Frazier and Barton are instant upgrades.