Offensive Line will be a factor

davey999

Reaction score
The upgrade for the offensive line will come with running the football. Tyrone was not the dominant run blocker that he used to be. I think the left tackle they draft will be the best run blocker of the tackles that are left.
There aren't any left tackles in the draft at 24 that are any good.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You can pretend that there are no costs to Dak playing out his contract year behind a depleted offense.

Players would generally disagree with you. They don't like the injury risk of still playing a contract year. And coming off one of his best seasons, Dak shouldn't like the relative performance risk lining up for him this year.
If Dak is so worried about his blocking, he can give 1/2 his salary to the team to go out and get the top FA O lineman.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I realize the group as it is today will be upgraded in some way through the draft. This unit will potentially be the weakest Offensive Line Dak has ever had to play behind

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year. Knowing the amount of time Dak requires and how he collapses under pressure this is looking like a long season

It could potentially cut His asking price in half. Not to mention a Young Line learning benefits a young QB who has a pair of wheels. . . Just saying

It is gonna be a long season for Dak
Young offline.
Not many Dog teams on the schedule.
Lockerroom has lost faith a long time ago.
No way Daktrash finishes the season either from an injury or being benched by the end of the season.
Value, what value, wait and see what he if offered when he hits the FA parade..............

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It's extremely subjective so we'll have to see how it plays out especially since they haven't drafted anyone yet. Biadasz was the weak link in the OL last season. Tyron was good in the 13 games he played in but I've seen some who look at this sort of thing say his run blocking was weak and that was the area we wanted to get better at going into the season. If Tyler is moved to left tackle he may not be quite as good in pass pro as Tyron but in his rookie season he was well above average and his drive blocking is exceptional. Someone compared the OL to a chain that's only as good as it's weakest link so a healthier Steele who got beat a lot early on, an upgrade to Biadasz who also got beat quite a bit, and a first or second round rookie draft pick that could come in and play like Tyler his rookie season could easily be better than last years group.
100%!
We have some good young talent on the O line from last years draft. I think 1-2 will play very well. I am not worried about Biadaz’s replacement at all. He was a weak link.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Interesting that they want to get better at run blocking. Maybe they're deprioritizing pass blocking because they plan on going young and cheap at QB, so aren't so worried about protecting the QB.

I do like Tyler for run blocking. He moves more like an athletic fullback than an olineman. One way in which he really passed the eyeball test for me.

But your guy to replace Tyler at LG needs to be better than he was last year, not his rookie year. And Tyler was good. And G is where strength matters most, and rookies are at a disadvantage as far as strength goes. Doing better than Tyler would be hard in the first, very hard in the second.

Biadasz was a little better than average. Where's the resource to replace him?

I hope they don't spend the 1st round pick on a G. I value C more.

Even if we spend the first two picks on G and C, most likely we're worse.

And we really need some DTs too. Gallimore, Hankins gone, Mazi a disappointment last year, Osa more like a tweener.
Gallimore? Who cares. Did me make a play all year.

Hankins I liked, but he is getting older.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
100%!
We have some good young talent on the O line from last years draft. I think 1-2 will play very well. I am not worried about Biadaz’s replacement at all. He was a weak link.
This is an uncommon reaction by fans.

Pro Bowl C1 leaves for mega $$$ because we are cap broke.

Fans then hate on ex-C1 and attempt to promote the next player on the roster.

Hoffman. (Some fans wanted CWill)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Most likely we pick up a 2nd tier FA after the draft to play C1.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I realize the group as it is today will be upgraded in some way through the draft. This unit will potentially be the weakest Offensive Line Dak has ever had to play behind

Is anyone else factoring this in to the potential performance of Dak next year. Knowing the amount of time Dak requires and how he collapses under pressure this is looking like a long season

It could potentially cut His asking price in half. Not to mention a Young Line learning benefits a young QB who has a pair of wheels. . . Just saying

Last season it was the oline holding this team back. Going forward it has to be mucho better.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
This is an uncommon reaction by fans.

Pro Bowl C1 leaves for mega $$$ because we are cap broke.

Fans then hate on ex-C1 and attempt to promote the next player on the roster.

Hoffman. (Some fans wanted CWill)
Are you dating/stalking/related to TB? What is your fascination with him? There was literally nothing he excelled at. I'll side with Nate Newton's opinion on TB. He has just a bit more credibility than you on the subject.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Next year is a wasted year.

I don’t care.

I wish we could trade Dak and move on now.
Agree....Jerry and son just delaying the inevitable. Don't want to just rip the band aid off... which is what should have been done with MM, DC and Dak....they have let some of them go, but not enough. It is in rebuilding mode without saying they are rebuilding. ON the bright side, a losing record will give them better draft position. But it will be a wasted year 2024.

plymkr

Reaction score
Good point.

The line will still have two all-pros in Martin and Smith and almost a given at this point a 1st round pick.

2 all-pros and a 1st rounder is still better than what half the QBs in the league have, but yeah, Dak is going to have to take some hits this season.
2 all pros and a 1st rounder. Bass played well last season. If he makes a sophomore jump then we should be okay. Also Steele may be 100% which will help the run game. I also agree that Dak will have to take some more hits this season.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OL Coach/system is out dated.
This is the biggest sign they are prepping for Mike's fail and clean out of assistants.
Our RBs were getting smacked in the backfield because almost every play defenders were unblocked.
Throw away year until the house cleaning.
It will be early.

KeepinTime

Reaction score

Maybe Jerry’s playing the long game and is using the fact that Dak will most likely have a poor season to lower his salary. Nah, who am I kidding? JJ wouldn’t have the smarts for a plan like that.

LysleE

Reaction score
The effectiveness of the OL will be a huge factor in the success of Dallas’ season.
I’m not convinced that the FO shares the same concern and as usual, thinking the OL depth is much better than it really is, so no urgency to upgrade.
The OL is in shambles; Dallas lost a HOF LT, a serviceable C, RG is showing his age and missed games last year and RT had a sub-par year, hopefully due to continued recovery from his ACL injury; moreover, the FO is considering moving their All-Pro LG to LT, which I believe would weaken the OL even more.
The back-up o-linemen have very little to no playing time; although some have played during live games, the sample size is too small to determine how effective they would be playing on a full time basis.
I’m hoping the FO will draft some offensive linemen and bring some UDFAs for tryouts. If this need is not addressed, I look for the offense to be negatively impacted this season.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
good, he can play behind guys off the street and then we can compare him to Cousins when he played for Washington.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If we can pickup the OL players who are All American, we should be ok.

If not, go for the players who are All Conf.

We gonna lose Martin next.

Steele has to step up.

We could be in a situation next Spring with Tyler being our only PB OL.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry’s playing the long game and is using the fact that Dak will most likely have a poor season to lower his salary. Nah, who am I kidding? JJ wouldn’t have the smarts for a plan like that.
Dak humiliated Jerry.

Took his money and then Made him cry on TV.

I suspect there is some sort of Pay Back going on.

Same deal with Big Mike.

The OL problems are a mess.