***** Official 2024 Dallas Cowboys Cutdown Thread *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Protected or hid? I'm not so sure he is penciled in at all and nobody has been talking about him all camp either.
Could be one in the same, I'm not confident in Zeke's ability he's looked slow in drills but I think based on the relationship they plan to roll him out as the day 1 starter. If he's not producing I hope more of his carries are given to other guys rather than continuing to do the same thing. But I don't know I would have thought they would have given him a few preseason carries if they weren't planning to keep him.

Patrick

Reaction score
There's not an ounce of belief inside me of Zeke getting cut, not that I would be upset if it does happen.

They kept him on the bench in the pre-season for a reason, and the one element he brings is what we had nothing of last year.

Dowdle
Zeke
Vaughn (Cook if he's signed)
Luepke

Davis is the wildcard here, but he should not be taking up a roster spot as a special teams player. Freeman can do what Zeke does, but Jerry likes the name on the back of #15, probably believes he can sell some extra Elliott jerseys after the # change.

We need a young guy from outside the organization, Abanikanda is such an obvious move.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There's not an ounce of belief inside me of Zeke getting cut, not that I would be upset if it does happen.

They kept him on the bench in the pre-season for a reason, and the one element he brings is what we had nothing of last year.

Dowdle
Zeke
Luepke

Davis is the wildcard here, but he should not be taking up a roster spot as a special teams player. Freeman can do what Zeke does, but Jerry likes the name on the back of #15, probably believes he can sell some extra Elliott jerseys after the # change.

We need a young guy from outside the organization, Abanikanda is such an obvious move.
All of those RBs are scrubs.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Dowdle
Zeke
Luepke

Zeke doesn't bring that element. He was terrible his last year here, and he was even more terrible in NE. This decision was not a serious one. Jerry brought him back because he likes him personally, not because he helps us win, just like when he rehired Campo again after the disaster that was his HC time. It's the kind of move that let me know we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, because Jerry isn't serious about winning.

Patrick

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't bring that element. He was terrible his last year here, and he was even more terrible in NE. This decision was not a serious one. Jerry brought him back because he likes him personally, not because he helps us win, just like when he rehired Campo again after the disaster that was his HC time. It's the kind of move that let me know we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, because Jerry isn't serious about winning.
Zeke is completely washed as a running back, no one would argue that (well some probably would), he's a glorified fullback at this point in his career. he's here to pass block and score in goal-to-go situations within the 5. He had 12 TDs his last year here, 9 of them came within the 5 yard line.

Creeper

Reaction score
I remember when Fehoko was picked, more than a few fans in this forum thought he was going to be a good player. For him to get cut in his second year as a 4th round pick, he must have been special bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Protected or hid? I'm not so sure he is penciled in at all and nobody has been talking about him all camp either.
I’m getting that same vibe. Things are TOO QUIET when it comes to Zeke. And then this Cook visit makes things look even more foreboding.

Status
Not open for further replies.