1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

***Official bench Romo or Romo stunk Thread***

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Moderator

54,220 Messages
    19,657 Likes Received
    Is this a trick question? First of all drafting Manziel with his history of poor judgment AND with an elite QB on the team already who would sit behind him would have been colossally stupid. Going to Cleveland may prove ok for the Browns but wasn't a good idea for us.

So your entire premise/question is flawed. Some think Manziel is an answer at QB and that is an assumption at this point. And some think Romo is done or has never been an answer so obviously Manziel was an answer we couldn't do without. A lot of clubs thought otherwise and they didn't have a QB that most would say was near the equal of a Tony Romo.

That was then not now. If Romo is already injured and/or not able to throw the ball well enough to play at a NFL level then the equation changes.

2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

6,161 Messages
    1,583 Likes Received
    So just out of curiosity, what is Romo's QB rating this season when throwing from PA calls?

3. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

2,197 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Training camp =/= real game situations.

4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

14,061 Messages
    8,993 Likes Received
    That appears likely. Worst case scenario.

silver likes this.
  5. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,908 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Not that worried because of the picks we have seen that before from Romo and he has bounced back. What worries me is how bad his passes looked almost all of them where off target and there was nothing on any of them

pancakeman likes this.
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

34,063 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    I'm still paying note upon his back for now...

7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

10,265 Messages
    6,532 Likes Received
    Dont want him anywhere around Big D ..Let him go to Cleveland and compete with JFF.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

6,014 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Yesterday just felt different. He didn't look right at all. I'm hoping it's just rust, but I'm having a hard time buying that. I hope he shows me otherwise starting with the Titans.

9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

34,063 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    lol, that's a bad case of the crabs.

BoysFan4ever likes this.
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

10,265 Messages
    6,532 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Ren likes this.
  11. strasscat

strasscat Active Member

104 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I've been a Romo fan from day one, and always supported him, but he looked done in this game.
    He looked like Schaub did last year when he threw five pick sixes in five consecutive games.

It has nothing to do with his back, it's just a mental issue.

I hope I'm wrong but this looks like the begining of the end for Romo.

12. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,204 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    I only saw the first INT Luck threw but what are you talking about? What I saw was a defender in position the whole time and looked like he was the target of the pass.

13. benson

benson Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    937 Likes Received
    I love Romo, I always have. I have always defended him because most of the time. His bone-headed mistakes are the EFFECT in a cause effect relationship. We're down big? Yes throw it into double coverage in the end-zone to Dez on 3rd & 20. We're trying to rally down 7-3? NO. His throws were not only some of the worst mental decisions I've ever seen him make, but they were also PHYSICALLY AWFUL. Lame duck throws.

It honestly looked like he was TRYING to throw the game.

14. benson

benson Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    937 Likes Received
    If he wad a quarterback yesterday that didn't look like they had PTSD after a tour in Afghanistan, that would have been a hard fought, beautiful rivalry game between SF-Dal, instead of the embarrassment it was.

15. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Well-Known Member

1,474 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    I've always defended him. Always been a huge supporter. I've always been able to say to people who argue that he's awful

"name one QB that could play behind our offensive line"
    "the plays called are the one who beat us every time"
    "he's always having to play behind with a horrible defense"

Well, none of those happened yesterday. The pass pro was decent, other than a few plays. Run game was solid. Play calling was balanced (except for goal line, which he AUDIBLED OUT OF and threw a pick on the play he audibled out of, confirmed by Jerry.) Also, the defense wasn't half bad. Giving up two TD's when your QB gives it to them twice deep in your territory, not a defenses fault, entirely.

Yesterday, my support for him ended. You're supposed to be getting better as a veteran. Not having rookie games like that. After Murray's fumble, the ENTIRE team should've been on red alert. Ok....no more mistakes, guys, Let's focus. Not your franchise QB making a fumble TD look like just another mistake in a game. Aikman said something about Tony not seeing the field well, and at this moment I totally agreed...Wow, Romo has NEVER seen the field well. His check downs a lot of times result in throwing underneath when someone has a step on a defender deep. That STILL couldn't be his defense, yesterday, though. He threw every pick into double coverage, (triple two times.) What REALLY errked me to the point where I'm done defending him until he has great games against great teams and stays consistent, is when he hung Dez out to dry. I seriously thought Dez's career was over. It was a sad moment and I'm still concerned, even though he got up. It was all Tony's fault. Romo didn't improve after mistakes, he only made them worse. Sucks to say I don't have it in me to defend him anymore, but I don't. Until he wins a big game, he'll just be another QB that has flashes but is inconsistent.

16. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,677 Messages
    14,217 Likes Received
    I'm not convinced you mean it. He had a bad game and he will have another bad game. He will have good games and great games.

While I don't ever want to see my QB throw into double coverage I do love how so many fans yell at Romo to force the ball to Dez so often. Now when he does he is awful.

The truth is Tony is not as good or bad as he seems at times. If he plays bus driver he takes sacks and people get upset. If he plays aggressive mistakes will happen and people get upset.

He knows his defense isn't good and that fact makes him feel that he needs to do it all. So mistakes will keep coming.

I believe Romo is in a situation where he cannot win. None of this makes a bad game better but my support for him is still as strong as ever.

17. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

10,162 Messages
    10,790 Likes Received
    For what it's worth my sisters friend was in dallas for the game late Friday night she was at a bar and guess who was there hammered ? Yep Romo . She took some pics with him at 1 am in a bar . Maybe the dude was hung over . Sure looked like it .

ilykdrama likes this.
  18. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,677 Messages
    14,217 Likes Received
    It's not worth anything without proof. Even then no hangover last 2 days.

My aunts brothers ex wife's step dad on his moms side said she saw the Romo's at Walmart shopping for cheap parents choice formula late Saturday night with the babies out....I think those kids are keeping him awake....

19. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

10,162 Messages
    10,790 Likes Received
    Well she sent my sis a bunch of pics . I saw them , he looks kind of hammered .

20. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,510 Likes Received
    Pics with young girls at a club/restaurant have never worked out well for this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.