OFFICIAL-Bobby Carpenter #1 thread...

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
But you'll luv to be wrong right ... or are you one of those?
NO IM USUALLY NOT A NEGATIVE THINKER BUT THIS SUCKS AND AT THE SAME TIME IM TYPING THE GIANTS HAVE THEIR CHANCE AT SOME ELIT PLAYERS STILL ..:bang2:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
dude he missed the last three games. Of course his numbers aren't as high.

11 tackles against Texas..... Best game against Nat'l champs.

HMMM...

I hate players who play their best games against the toughest comp.....

LOLOL

You guys are nuts this dude is awesome! OSU is a LB factory. He is exactly what we need.

VACowboy

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
But Lawson managed to get 14 sacks despite playing with the DE who was selected #1 in the entire draft...that's pretty impressive.

Carpenter played 11 games and only had 49 tackles, double digits against Texas....???

Lawson had 10.5 sacks, not 14.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sadams said:
dude he missed the last three games. Of course his numbers aren't as high.

11 tackles against Texas..... Best game against Nat'l champs.

HMMM...

I hate players who play their best games against the toughest comp.....

LOLOL

You guys are nuts this dude is awesome! OSU is a LB factory. He is exactly what we need.

I agree and it is apparent some of these guys never saw Carpenter play and are basing opinion on stat sheets. Carpenter is a very good football player who was very consistant with OSU

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
NO IM USUALLY NOT A NEGATIVE THINKER BUT THIS SUCKS AND AT THE SAME TIME IM TYPING THE GIANTS HAVE THEIR CHANCE AT SOME ELIT PLAYERS STILL ..:bang2:

OK ... biggest thing is the Cowboys succeed ... if that means me being wrong, great. I was just checking, it's apparent alot of people on this board aren't similarly inclined.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
OK ... biggest thing is the Cowboys succeed ... if that means me being wrong, great. I was just checking, it's apparent alot of people on this board aren't similarly inclined.

:hammer:

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
The_Jackal said:
This from Charle's Robinson from Yahoo sports:

#18 Dallas, Bobby Carpenter OLB: Whoa. Huge surprise. Huge. Carpenter will likely have to be moved to the inside for the Cowboys in the 3-4 scheme. He doesn't fit on the outside from that set. Carpenter ran in the 4.6 range at Ohio State's pro day despite not being totally healthy. He's a great pursuit guy, but not a big hitter. One of the big questions is whether he can handle having to drop into pass coverage. Playing on the inside, that's not so much of a concern. - 3:05 pm EDT

Any thoughts?

Has he watched the same Bobby Carpenter everyone else has seen?!

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
I HOPE IM WRONG BUT I CAN THINK OF A FEW SUREFIRE PICKS AT THAT SPOT I WOULD OF WENT WITH ... WEVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH 2ND ROUNDERS , I PRAY WE GET A PLAYER TO ATLEAST CONTRIBUTE ... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

fldude2k1

Reaction score
Madden picture up
draft_18.jpg

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EMMITSWIFT said:
I HOPE IM WRONG BUT I CAN THINK OF A FEW SUREFIRE PICKS AT THAT SPOT I WOULD OF WENT WITH ... WEVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH 2ND ROUNDERS , I PRAY WE GET A PLAYER TO ATLEAST CONTRIBUTE ... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Did you ever see Carp play?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
sadams said:
concord give me your thoughts I have been defending Carp all morning....

You know I'm just so Happy that the Cowboys picked Carpenter.

He had 8 sacks last year and he missed the Michigan and Notre Dame games!

Ware and Carpenter coming at you from both sides...:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
You know I'm just so Happy that the Cowboys picked Carpenter.

He had 8 sacks last year and he missed the Michigan and Notre Dame games!

Ware and Carpenter coming at you from both sides...:D

I'm sure you are. I was sold on Carpenter after the opening game this season aginst Texas. With the team speed of Texas I thought there was no way the OSU LB could handle Texas and even though OSU lost the game I gained a lot of respect for Carpenter and the LB core of OSU.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
DallasKen said:
Awesome, on the Ticket. they played audio from Parcells and jerry talking to Bobby Carpenter before they picked him...parcells said 'Look forward to working with you kid..." and Carp said"Look forward to winning a super bowl, coach"

Love it.

Beautiful!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I'm sure you are. I was sold on Carpenter after the opening game this season aginst Texas. With the team speed of Texas I thought there was no way the OSU LB could handle Texas and even though OSU lost the game I gained a lot of respect for Carpenter and the LB core of OSU.

That was a Classic game!

That Game Tape should be burned!:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
That was a Classic game!

That Game Tape should be burned!:D

I may be a Longhorns fan but I'm a fan of football and that was a though hard hitting game and OSU earn my respect afterwards. That was also when I felt UT really had a great chance to win the National title I felt if we coould withstand OSU so early in the season that we had a great chance to go all the way. By the way keep the tape because there were a lot of great players on the field that day and some are now in the NFL

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Did you ever see Carp play?
ACTUALLY IM FROM THE EAST COAST SO BASICALY YOUR INSULTING MY FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE THERE ARE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BANWAGON FANS ON THE EAST , WE ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DIE HARD SPORTS FANS UNLIKE OUR COUNTERPARTS WESTWARD . I UNDERSTAND I ROOT FOR A SOUTHWEST TEAM BUT YOU CANT TEST MY KNOWLEDGE ON SPORTS PERIOD . ONLY DUMB *** BANDWAGON FANS ON THE EAST ARE Commander FANS :suxskins: ..AND YES IVE SEEN CARPENTER PLAY PLENTY AND IM TELLING YOU HE WILL BE A MEDIOCRE PRO ....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
ACTUALLY IM FROM THE EAST COAST SO BASICALY YOUR INSULTING MY FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE THERE ARE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BANWAGON FANS ON THE EAST , WE ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DIE HARD SPORTS FANS UNLIKE OUR COUNTERPARTS WESTWARD . I UNDERSTAND I ROOT FOR A SOUTHWEST TEAM BUT YOU CANT TEST MY KNOWLEDGE ON SPORTS PERIOD . ONLY DUMB *** BANDWAGON FANS ON THE EAST ARE Commander FANS :suxskins: ..AND YES IVE SEEN CARPENTER PLAY PLENTY AND IM TELLING YOU HE WILL BE A MEDIOCRE PRO ....

:rolleyes: sigh

I have said a hundred times ..... there needs to be an age limit on the forum.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I may be a Longhorns fan but I'm a fan of football and that was a though hard hitting game and OSU earn my respect afterwards. That was also when I felt UT really had a great chance to win the National title I felt if we coould withstand OSU so early in the season that we had a great chance to go all the way. By the way keep the tape because there were a lot of great players on the field that day and some are now in the NFL

I felt too that after that Game Texas was going to win it all.

Hey if you can't win it all...You may as well lose to the team that did!:D

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gibbs II said:
Seems like a good guy although I have never been convinced about a guy who played was accompanied by such a great player in his posistion on his team.

Did you watch any of the games?

Every single anouncer praised Carp for his hard play, mental and emotional toughness. If he was so weak, other teams would have capitalized on him, but they couldn't. He's one tough sonvabeech.