Official CEG club.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I am starting the official cut eddie george club. If you want to sign up say it here and give a reason why EG sucks...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm not ready to sign up for the cutting of him but I am ready to sign up for the Start Julius Jones or be ready to duck the flying beer squad.

DizzG

Reaction score
Wow..this is insane

one freakin preseason and 5 carries and his entire season is already known?

Back away from the ledge and put down the Kool-Aide

George is not going to be cut

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Ahh, so we have the official EG apologists I see? Fine, first order of business for the CEG club, plac a tape recorder in BPs bed that say "Cut eddie george" repetively...If this action does not work, we will repeat this process with a "Don't be a wussy, you know you wantv to" tape...

DizzG

Reaction score
well frankly I value Parcells judgement more than anyone around here and he thinks George has some left

time will tell.........

but I can guarantee you Parcells isnt stupid enough to think cutting Eddie George after 5 carries in a MEANINGLESS practice game is a good idea

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DizzG said:
well frankly I value Parcells judgement more than anyone around here and he thinks George has some left

time will tell.........

but I can guarantee you Parcells isnt stupid enough to think cutting Eddie George after 5 carries in a MEANINGLESS practice game is a good idea
BP hasnt made a final judgment.

You can look at EG's last 3 seasons to see he only gets 3 ypc. It doesnt take 5 runs to see a guy is slow. After 1 I saw he literally cant outrun me. He is the teams slowest RB and that includes part time FB, Richie Anderson.

I dont think he deserves to be cut but expecting him to start is asking too much of the offense. We will be in 2nd and 3rd and long all season if thats the case.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RW31 said:
I am starting the official cut eddie george club. If you want to sign up say it here and give a reason why EG sucks...

there are several people who showed that they should probably be cut, but EG wasnt one of them

as long as he doesnt get the bulk of the load I am fine with him being here...was very disappointed he didnt convert the 3rd and 1 (afterall, that is what he is supposed to be here for) but the blocking was pretty lousy on that play (esp Tucker) too...

David

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I'm not ready to cut EG yet but I will have to admit the running game reminded me of the one we saw last year.

Maybe it's to early to judge but he reminded me of the RB we started last season........What was his name?

By the way the right side of the OL wasn't opening many holes.........this has to get better.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
no way. cut down on his number of carries I could get behind, but he still provides value.

Plus his signing bonus is already on the books.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I'm not ready to cut EG yet but I will have to admit the running game reminded me of the one we saw last year.

Maybe it's to early to judge but he reminded me of the RB we started last season........What was his name?

By the way the right side of the OL wasn't opening many holes.........this has to get better.
That left side sure looks good though.

They would be even better if the right side required more attention.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I'm not ready to sign up for the cutting of him but I am ready to sign up for the Start Julius Jones or be ready to duck the flying beer squad.
I don't drink, but that's me too. You do need some veteran leadership and he can provide that, but I want Julius to get the vast majority of carries.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Are you serious ? Get a clue man...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RW31 said:

So far it looks like a 3 man club. Me, you and Mike Winicki.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YO!!!!

Right here is another vote. I have 3 reasons.

1. He isn't any kind of big upgrade over THam.

2. He isn't as good as Anderson, Lee or Julius.

3. That stupid contract we signed him to. The second coming of the Deion contract. The only good thing is it is for one year.

twa

Reaction score
No way you cut him this early,while the others did look better parcells will give him a opportunity to show what he can do.EG is never going to be a dynamic runner but to call for his release this quick is idiotic. :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
twa said:
No way you cut him this early,while the others did look better parcells will give him a opportunity to show what he can do.EG is never going to be a dynamic runner but to call for his release this quick is idiotic. :D

WHOAAAAAA. I don't think he should have been signed at all. More importantly, I resent being called "idiotic". *** is up with that?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Ok, so Mike sarge and dog are 4 members, we need some more...Did I mention the dental plan?

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Eddie George should be here for the exact same reason Vinnie is here: just in case. If Jones busts or gets hurt, we need a guy other than Rashard Lee we can hand the ball to 20+ times per game.

I think Jones moved one more rung up the depth chart last night. We'll see him in the 2nd quarter vs. the Raiders. Maybe by the 3rd PS game, we'll see Julius before we see Eddie.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Ok, so Mike sarge and dog are 4 members, we need some more...Did I mention the dental plan?

Will that cover a new set of dentures? :D