Official CEG club.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RW31 said:
Ok, so Mike sarge and dog are 4 members, we need some more...Did I mention the dental plan?

Forget the dental plan, do I get any bonus points for the sign in my front yard? :D

twa

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
WHOAAAAAA. I don't think he should have been signed at all. More importantly, I resent being called "idiotic". *** is up with that?
Not calling you idiotic just the call to cut someone that just joined the team.How about waiting at least to the cutdown to see what he has.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
RW31 said:
I am starting the official cut eddie george club. If you want to sign up say it here and give a reason why EG sucks...
If you want to start an Official Start JJ club, count me in.

But no way do I want the goal line presence and power of Eddie George cut.

Trust in Bill that the RB by committee approach will utilize the skills of all the runners to best advantage.

Including "Mr Wiggle" below, Reshard Lee.

Reshard_1.jpg

jdnalls

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I'm not ready to sign up for the cutting of him but I am ready to sign up for the Start Julius Jones or be ready to duck the flying beer squad.
Sign me up for the start Julius Club.

Keep George for what he's good at... picking up short yardage. Leave the actual running to Julius.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jdnalls said:

Keep George for what he's good at... picking up short yardage. Leave the actual running to Julius.
That's how I think it plays out.

My one concern is that George may qualify as a "rythem back" to some extent. May need a certain number or carries just to shake the rigor mortis off.

He has never been a favorite of mine, at all, even as a power back..I preferred the Bus. But after Bickerstaff went down, the need was clear. I am happy he is here.

Eddie.jpg

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jdnalls said:

Where do I sign??.........Julius should start no ands, ifs , or buts.....start him now.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
JJ_1.jpg

START ME NOW TUNA, NOW!!!!

LOL!!!! I would bet the Tuna will start him......he's slowly and meticulously moving him into that role.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
twa said:
Not calling you idiotic just the call to cut someone that just joined the team.How about waiting at least to the cutdown to see what he has.

OK that's cool.

But "what he has" has not changed in the last 2-3 years. :(

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
LOL!!!! I would bet the Tuna will start him......he's slowly and meticulously moving him into that role.
Cbz, I can't wait til 1 PM tomorrow to see JJ run....will I see Curtis Martin II? If so, he is starting.

Sure, there is a lot to be both disappointed about and worried about after last night's showing. But from what I've read, the first team oline looked okay (my biggest concern - running to the right sounds problematical again tho, but I don't see anyone ragging on the first team pass protection).

THREE of the critical rooks had good games. DH, JJ and Patrick Crayton. Three key young players. Peterman struggled, evidently, but that's to be somewhat expected. Hunter's performance seem to be qualifed by safely play.

Let Zimmer slap his guys around this week - no excuses being made here but it sounds to me that Dallas was treating the game like a glorified practice, and the Texans playing their game. Did we play any 3-4 fronts last night?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
George just can't get it done any longer. His last 3 seasons? 3.0, 3.4, 3.3 (yds per carry). He's never been a top-tier back, but what skill he had (his power) has deserted him.

If he gets more than a few carries per game, we're doing the other team a favor.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
You can sign me up for the start julius club, but not for the cut eddie george. He only carried about 5 times and you guys want to axe him. I wonder if skins fan's are thinking the same with Portis. :rolleyes:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Cbz, I can't wait til 1 PM tomorrow to see JJ run....will I see Curtis Martin II? If so, he is starting.

Sure, there is a lot to be both disappointed about and worried about after last night's showing. But from what I've read, the first team oline looked okay (my biggest concern - running to the right sounds problematical again tho, but I don't see anyone ragging on the first team pass protection).

THREE of the critical rooks had good games. DH, JJ and Patrick Crayton. Three key young players. Peterman struggled, evidently, but that's to be somewhat expected. Hunter's performance seem to be qualifed by safely play.

Let Zimmer slap his guys around this week - no excuses being made here but it sounds to me that Dallas was treating the game like a glorified practice, and the Texans playing their game. Did we play any 3-4 fronts last night?

I have two main concerns......well 3.

The right side of the OL Adams and LA will be fine.

The absence of Woody the team leader on D. His presence makes a big difference in that young secondary.

Vinny must stay healthy for at least 8 games. Henson will be a good QB but he needs some seasoning.

Yes, we did show the 3-4 front on several occasions last night.

DizzG

Reaction score
there is a HUGE difference in wanting to start JJ and CUTTING George

Parcells isnt going to cut Eddie George.

George still has value and Parcells has said as much. He will get carries this year. I think JJ will start at some point but Parcells is going to spread the carries over several players imo

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I have two main concerns......well 3.

The right side of the OL Adams and LA will be fine.

The absence of Woody the team leader on D. His presence makes a big difference in that young secondary.

Vinny must stay healthy for at least 8 games. Henson will be a good QB but he needs some seasoning.

Yes, we did show the 3-4 front on several occasions last night.

Those are my top three too, Cbz. I'm not so worried about Vin staying healthy so much as I am about his infernal "rust". For a QB with his amount of experience, he take an inordinate amount of time to feel comfy with anything new. He said the offensive system here was only "35 percent" of what Bill ran in NY. That means he got 65 % adjusting to do.

Woody can't get back soon enough. Hunter WILL need some early season baby-sitting. Who's gonna do it if not Darren?

Here's hoping!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
If you want to start an Official Start JJ club, count me in.

But no way do I want the goal line presence and power of Eddie George cut.

Trust in Bill that the RB by committee approach will utilize the skills of all the runners to best advantage.

Including "Mr Wiggle" below, Reshard Lee.

Reshard_1.jpg

Im with Herms. Eddie is here for a reason. I dont think we will see him get the bulk of the carries this year. I think the next few games you will see JJ and RL running more with the 1st team.

Eddie is already on the books. He provides great veteran leadership for the younger players. He has been in huge games and can pass that on to them. I think he can still be the power back he was signed to be. Not getting that 3rd and 1 was not his fault. Replay that whole play and you can flat out see the horrid blocking.

The guy had 5 carries. That certainly is nothing to go by.

Stop crying wolf.

I was pretty impressed with JJ and Reshard. Glad they wear the star.

rjh

Reaction score
the new backs, drafted and especially the undrafted rookies. We were so used to 3 yards here and there, the trips, etc. When he finally broke a 5 yard run, Titan's fans were estactic.

I think Eddie really messed up leaving Tenn with a guaranteed starting position and carries.

I hope he does get better because he is a quality person and very good in the locker room.

Do you really think he could be cut?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
rjh said:
the new backs, drafted and especially the undrafted rookies. We were so used to 3 yards here and there, the trips, etc. When he finally broke a 5 yard run, Titan's fans were estactic.

I think Eddie really messed up leaving Tenn with a guaranteed starting position and carries.

I hope he does get better because he is a quality person and very good in the locker room.

Do you really think he could be cut?
You a titan fan?