Official CEG club.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
RW31 said:
I am starting the official cut eddie george club. If you want to sign up say it here and give a reason why EG sucks...

I agree

I base my opinion on the same set of facts that caused the Titans to allow him to go. I also base it on what I saw with my own eyes on Saturday.

Living in Austin I have heard the comments of a lot of Houston fans. They love Eddie...but like Emmit he is past his prime. The game is too fast for him.

Call me insane....but most here will have the same the opinion by the end of preseason. The more he plays the more obvious it will become.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Sarge said:
So far it looks like a 3 man club. Me, you and Mike Winicki.

Sarge....no worries.

There will be more members in about 4 weeks. The more time goes by...the more members we have. It will grow because of 3 reasons.

(1) Julius is the real deal and will prove it on the field.
(2) Reshard is the real deal and will prove it on the field.
(3) EG is slow and will prove it on the field.

I love EG as a person. I was extremely excited when we signed him....but I know what I saw.

It didn't take me 2 games to realize Emmitt was the real deal. I personally knew he was the real deal the first time he played. His balance and ability to turn a 2 yard play into a 4 yard play was amazing. The first tackler never brought him down and his balance was awesome. I didn't realize how great he would be....but I did realize he was the real deal. It is not that difficult to evaluate a back.

OILERMAN

Reaction score
As a Titan fan I find it hilarious the Cowboys spent 2.2 mill on Eddie George, he's been done for 3 years now.

The Titans are a much better team without Eddie George.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
As a Titan fan I find it hilarious the Cowboys spent 2.2 mill on Eddie George, he's been done for 3 years now.

The Titans are a much better team without Eddie George.

Wow... haven't seen a fan of the Baby Blues around here before... welcome...

Where is Winicki? He is gonna be P.O.'ed he wasn't THE charter member of the CEG Club...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Can we start a club for people who overreact to the first preseason game? :D

BTW, when will Jerry get off his *** and induct Patrick Crayton in the ring of honor?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Can we start a club for people who overreact to the first preseason game? :D

BTW, when will Jerry get off his *** and induct Patrick Crayton in the ring of honor?

Your so cool and funny

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I have to say that i will join and be an outspoken member. I said before we signed him that this was the stupidest move we have EVER made, and I still feel that way. Why in the world would we pay MORE for a SLOWER less productive back than THAMBONE. I agree that Eddie is a quality guy but I dont think he was needed to teach JJ how to prepare for the NFL (Remember his brother who he worked out with? Thomas Jones?). He wasn't good for the tough yards in Tennessee and he won't be any better here. The unfortunate thing is that we will have to learn that collectively the hard way....Bring on JJ! :D

Skeptic

Reaction score
Anybody else see the pointlessness of a whole thread just to bash a player that likely won't start and will only help us as the year goes on?

Good God there are some boooored posters around here.

VirusX

Reaction score
Time to get my tard bashing club out for the CEG Club.

Bobo

Reaction score
Skeptic said:
Anybody else see the pointlessness of a whole thread just to bash a player that likely won't start and will only help us as the year goes on?

Good God there are some boooored posters around here.

EG has taken (and still takes) the same jabs thrown at him on Titan's mb's. There's a guy in particular that loves bashing him and loves seeing him do bad that has posted in this thread just to take another jab at EG.

Maybe some people just need to find more hobbies to keep their minds off of EG :cool:

VirusX

Reaction score
some people on here just annoy the **** outta me with their pointless *****ing.

No ones ever good enough for this team unless they are better the aikman irvin and emmitt. We got spoiled get the **** over it and stop nit picking. EG played 1 game in PRESEASON and took 5 ****ing snaps. Who the **** are you to say how good he is or is not. 8 years amassing 10,000 yards is pretty damn good to me.

You dont like EG? Dont ****ing watch the game then.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
VirusX said:

No ones ever good enough for this team unless they are better the aikman irvin and emmitt. We got spoiled get the **** over it and stop nit picking. EG played 1 game in PRESEASON and took 5 ****ing snaps. Who the **** are you to say how good he is or is not. 8 years amassing 10,000 yards is pretty damn good to me.

I think it's ironic that someone would spend this much energy and emotion to tell somebody else that they were taking something way to seriously.

Webster should take a snapshot of this and put it under the word IRONY.

We hear what your saying dude......just can't figure out why you don't hear it

Mike 1967

Reaction score
VirusX said:

Let me help you out a little bit. This might save you some frustration in the future.

This is a FORUM (Def: A public meeting place for open discussion.)

People come here to share thier OPINIONS (Def: A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof)

People come here to DEBATE (Def: To engage in argument by discussing opposing points. )

You will not agree with everyone's elses opinions. This is actually what makes the FORUM interesting. If we all had the same opinion....then we would not need a FORUM.

If opposing opinions piss you off....then you probably need to stay away from forums....unless you enjoy getting pissed off.

VirusX

Reaction score
Nay, This thread is the reason I RARELY cheack the smack talk zone. This belongs under that forum not here. This is taking trash about a cowboys player so It needs to be moved to the forum for this type of post.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
VirusX said:
Nay, This thread is the reason I RARELY cheack the smack talk zone. This belongs under that forum not here. This is taking trash about a cowboys player so It needs to be moved to the forum for this type of post.

If this were the definition of Smack Talk then over half of the threads would be moved.

Nice try...but I know you can do better.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
it's threads like this that make me enjoy watching a chess match between two people who dont know a knight moves in an L shape and a pawn is expendable

Skeptic

Reaction score
VirusX said:

LOL.

Whew. That is one piiiiissssed Dallas fan.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
HummerMan said:
it's threads like this that make me enjoy watching a chess match between two people who dont know a knight moves in an L shape and a pawn is expendable

That does sound exciting.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Let me help you out a little bit. This might save you some frustration in the future.

This is a FORUM (Def: A public meeting place for open discussion.)

People come here to share thier OPINIONS (Def: A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof)

People come here to DEBATE (Def: To engage in argument by discussing opposing points. )

You will not agree with everyone's elses opinions. This is actually what makes the FORUM interesting. If we all had the same opinion....then we would not need a FORUM.

If opposing opinions piss you off....then you probably need to stay away from forums....unless you enjoy getting pissed off.

Sanctimonious crap.

He is right. Fine, George is not as good as Jones. To just assume that he is better than Lee and Cason is stupid.

Yes you heard me right, ye of the cut George squad. Lets cut George so we can make way for Cason. Oh wait... how about Barnes... no, Polite. Oh wait this entire thread and or idea is dumb.

The IQ level really has gone down since BigDBoys days. This is just sad.

Sensational, reactionary, or inflammatory is half the trash posted.

Here is another thing ye of the facetious. Nors has been so very right about calling personnel and strategy decisions that Parcells has implemented. Sure he may be a bit over the top about the 3-4 but is Obobogu being tried out at LB or not?

The same people that ridicule him are having a moron fest here.

I ask you who really is deserving of ridicule?

CanadianTitansFan

Reaction score
Lifetime Oiler/Titan fan here.

Ed George has the worst YPC over 1000 carries than any other RB in the HISTORY of the NFL. Based on his last 1000 carries. This depite the fact I happen to think we have one of the best run blocking OLines in the NFL and teams are in Dime all the time trying to defend McNair.

Does that help crystallise things for you?

He has averaged over 4 yards per carry twice in his 9 year career. He was a system back, who was drafted by the perfect coach, by the perfect team, who were just looking for a workhorse to protect their young project QB and defense. He came into the league with a golden parachute.

I respect him for his durability. That's it. You could have drafted Hambrick in 96 instead, and had he stayed healthy, he could have put up similar numbers. Ed is a glorified Stacey Mack, Tyrone Wheatley guy.

He was never fast and now it's just ugly. He never ran with leverage (he was one of the worst backs in the league at converting 3rd and short last year). He never had vision. He never made big plays. We just gave it to him 30 times a game and he fell forward enough to put up some great numbers.

He tends to be a pretty polarising figure. He's a camera guy who's pretty media savvy. He will win sympathy and patience fromn the fans who gobble that up. The more serious football fans will be pulling their hair out.

Fisher's one fault is he tends to stick with guys too long. He has loyalty to the guys he won with. It's hard to make changes when you win 11-12 games a year. He did it with Matthews, Del Greco, Ed, etc...

Thank God Ed's delusional egomania got in the way and he's your problem now.

The only way I see him sticking wsith you guys is if Jones and Parcells are reluctant to admit to their mistake so soon.