Official CEG club.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianTitansFan said:
Lifetime Oiler/Titan fan here.

Ed George has the worst YPC over 1000 carries than any other RB in the HISTORY of the NFL. Based on his last 1000 carries. This depite the fact I happen to think we have one of the best run blocking OLines in the NFL and teams are in Dime all the time trying to defend McNair.

Does that help crystallise things for you?

He has averaged over 4 yards per carry twice in his 9 year career. He was a system back, who was drafted by the perfect coach, by the perfect team, who were just looking for a workhorse to protect their young project QB and defense. He came into the league with a golden parachute.

I respect him for his durability. That's it. You could have drafted Hambrick in 96 instead, and had he stayed healthy, he could have put up similar numbers. Ed is a glorified Stacey Mack, Tyrone Wheatley guy.

He was never fast and now it's just ugly. He never ran with leverage (he was one of the worst backs in the league at converting 3rd and short last year). He never had vision. He never made big plays. We just gave it to him 30 times a game and he fell forward enough to put up some great numbers.

He tends to be a pretty polarising figure. He's a camera guy who's pretty media savvy. He will win sympathy and patience fromn the fans who gobble that up. The more serious football fans will be pulling their hair out.

Fisher's one fault is he tends to stick with guys too long. He has loyalty to the guys he won with. It's hard to make changes when you win 11-12 games a year. He did it with Matthews, Del Greco, Ed, etc...

Thank God Ed's delusional egomania got in the way and he's your problem now.

The only way I see him sticking wsith you guys is if Jones and Parcells are reluctant to admit to their mistake so soon.

Not going to comment on your post as I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it.

The part that was best about what I gained from your posting on the forum....was your sigline.

Earl the Pear, the Tyler rose was probably my favorite RB of all time....sure I still love "Touchdown" Tony D. (actually liked Tony more then emmitt) and still like Emmitt and other great backs.

But Earl was just the man...the best combination of speed, power I have ever seen from a RB....and from all accounts I have read of those who have known him off the field....one of the classiest guys you will ever meet.

CanadianTitansFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Not going to comment on your post as I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it.

The part that was best about what I gained from your posting on the forum....was your sigline.

Earl the Pear, the Tyler rose was probably my favorite RB of all time....sure I still love "Touchdown" Tony D. (actually liked Tony more then emmitt) and still like Emmitt and other great backs.

But Earl was just the man...the best combination of speed, power I have ever seen from a RB....and from all accounts I have read of those who have known him off the field....one of the classiest guys you will ever meet.

Thanks Bud!

Yes...we'll never see another one quite liike Earl. Sad to see him now... but the way he ran I guess you can't expect anything else. The best is listening to the stories from guys who played with the man. I read "Snake" recently (Ken Stabler) and he says Earl was by far the best football player he ever saw. He said though that he would often hand the ball off to Earl and close his eyes cause it was like watching a train wreck.

Little story about Earl and Tony D...

He's often asked if he was ever looking over his shoulder at any other backs when he was universally considered the best back in the league. He nalways says no...except for Tony. Earl considered Texas HIS turf, and he didn't want any other runner be close to him on Texas turf. The first thing he'd find out after his game every week was how many yards Tony ran for.

VirusX

Reaction score
I guess after eddie's runs the CEG Club is breaking up? Lets all jump on the EG bandwagon after the impressive performance against the raiders. Its time to form.... the KEG Club, yes thats right. Keep Eddie George Club!