RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
As long as Wilson make the squad I don't care, lol. They can place T.Hill on the PS because he was trash !!!
He's not trash. Needs technique and discipline. Can't make every play.

I will agree he looked like a fish out of water, literally, but I think he could play IF he's coachable. I guess we'll see one way or another.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
No he wasn't. Carr and Jenkins were both better, and they weren't good either.
Ask rob Ryan who the best defensive back for Dallas was. Scandrick was better than Jenkins the same year they got drafted. Jenkins was considered a bust. He had one good year. There’s a reason scandrick got a new contract before him. He outplayed him in the three rokkie year and kept at it. Carr was garbage outside if his first season in Dallas. He’s been much better in Baltimore. I don’t know what happened in his time in Dallas but he was very underwhelming.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
With Ross being sidelined, probably a safe bet to say that Wise will occupy that 5th DT spot easily.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ask rob Ryan who the best defensive back for Dallas was. Scandrick was better than Jenkins the same year they got drafted. Jenkins was considered a bust. He had one good year. There’s a reason scandrick got a new contract before him. He outplayed him in the three rokkie year and kept at it. Carr was garbage outside if his first season in Dallas. He’s been much better in Baltimore. I don’t know what happened in his time in Dallas but he was very underwhelming.
Rob Ryan? :lmao::lmao2:Worst defensive coordinator they ever had.

Altestic

Reaction score
Rob Ryan is a zone blitz happy weird fat buffoony oaf just like his brother.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He's not trash. Needs technique and discipline. Can't make every play.

I will agree he looked like a fish out of water, literally, but I think he could play IF he's coachable. I guess we'll see one way or another.

If he not trash what is he? Biodegradable?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's why you pick BPA... Juan Thornhill... maybe you get Hill with the McGovern pick instead, or maybe not... maybe you just roll with Daniel Wise UDFA... imagine having both Donovan Wilson AND Thornhill right now to go with X-Woods...
You wouldn’t have both of them lol. Why would you take two safeties?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Pollard had more receiving yards than rushing. That’s nothing like drafting two guys to play strong safety when you have Xavier Woods.

Teams draft multiple players at the same position all the time.

Xavier Woods is not the type of player who prevents you from drafting anyone.

Also, Wilson's best position is nickel. He'll be fine at safety but when healthy, he excelled at the nickel spot at A&M, while Justin Evans and Armani Watts played the two traditional safety spots.

Altestic

Reaction score

Also, Wilson's best position is nickel. He'll be fine at safety but when healthy, he excelled at the nickel spot at A&M, while Justin Evans and Armani Watts played the two traditional safety spots.
and Kam Chancellor played linebacker in college so you don't know

Jeff Heath needs to be the special teams captain and nothing else

mmohican29

Reaction score
Rob Ryan? :lmao::lmao2:Worst defensive coordinator they ever had.

Was going to say consider the source. Ryan developed nobody except Eberflus, who he left all Defensive coaching responsibility to after his first year as DC.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
and Kam Chancellor played linebacker in college so you don't know
Not really. He did play Rover his sophomore year, which in their scheme was more safety than linebacker. He played Free Safety as a junior. He was a Corner as freshman after originally being recruited as a QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You’re talking about what teams do but let’s talk about what the Cowboys do. They don’t value that position enough to say they’d draft two guys. And you are wrong on Woods. They love Woods. They look at him as a starter.