RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

warroom

Reaction score
Cowboys waived CB Donovan Olumba, source said. Hope is to sign him Sunday to practice squad, but there's a chance he is claimed elsewhere on waivers.

stiletto

Reaction score
Pet cats get released every year... I liked Wise but we are pretty darn deep on defense this year, hopefully he makes it to the PS.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah I think Olumba and Wise might have interest from other teams.

Fingers crossed, I guess.

Altestic

Reaction score
Cowboys waived CB Donovan Olumba, source said. Hope is to sign him Sunday to practice squad, but there's a chance he is claimed elsewhere on waivers.

Seattle Seahawks will get him, that's my guess. He's the exact type of CB they love.

Sydla

Reaction score
Our 2019 backfield. Just because...
  1. Zeke
  2. Tony Pollard
  3. LeSean McCoy [two year deal - He plays special teams]

LOL.

There is zero chance McCoy, at his age and with his cache, is playing special teams here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's because everyone else is mediocre like him and the only real competition he's seen has been Woods, who has been here only two years and is already a better S than Heath.

Say what you will about Heath but he creates turnovers. Wood’s has been good, we’ll see how the position plays out with him in the mix.

Sydla

Reaction score
Say what you will about Heath but he creates turnovers. Wood’s has been good, we’ll see how the position plays out with him in the mix.

He barely creates turnovers and for every turnover he makes, he botches a few plays.

One of the great mysteries for me of the last decade of Cowboys football is the love affair some of you have with such a mediocre safety.

Sydla

Reaction score
5 CBs,

So does that mean they might carry 5 Ss - Woods, Heath, Wilson, Frazier and Thompson?

That would be silly IMO. Frazier and Thompson are JAGs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He barely creates turnovers and for every turnover he makes, he botches a few plays.

One of the great mysteries for me of the last decade of Cowboys football is the love affair some of you have with such a mediocre safety.

I have no love affair with Heath, I’m just pointing out why he’s still around. Lol I have my issues with him as well but for the defense to take the next step we need to create more turnovers.

Altestic

Reaction score
Just beat it, Michael Jackson. I expect Olumba and Jackson to get a call shortly from CB-needy teams.
yeah, the Seahawks can rebuild their legion of boom again that way. They already got Clowney today.